Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"The O.Sea", Episode #223 Discussion Thread

"The O.Sea", Episode #223.

Filmmaker George Lucas expresses interest in Seth's graphic novel; Sandy and Caleb confront Kirsten about her behavior; Ryan, looking for the truth about Trey and Marissa, heads home to Chino.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke, Alan Dale, Logan Marshall-Green, George Lucas.

Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, Doug Liman, McG, Dave Bartis, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: May 12, 2005.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
New Fan

oh my god.. that was awesome!!!!!

i hated cal but aww poor kiki

s/s moment awwww =) i love them same with r/m! =)!!

theresa defintely gives a good story line what do you think ryans or not?

the preview was intense

*Phone Rings* *Squints Eyes* *Reaches Hand out* *DAMN!*
shadows89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

This episode was awesome and the finale next week looks super intense. I can't wait. When Zack got out of the limo to take Summer to prom I was like "wtf?" but then when Seth came in the end and kissed Summer was one of the best S/S moments. I hate Trey so much. He lied to Ryan and now I hope he gets his ass kicked. It was good seeing Theresa again. I liked her little "Trust Marissa" speech because it was so true. I can't believe Cal died! I was all like "omg!". I really liked Mindy's acting during that scene and she looked hot in that bikini and this is coming from a girl, lol. I can't believe Kirsten. She's really going downhill and I hope Sandy gets her some help.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that was intense.

But let me tell you I was mad at Ryan for believing what trey was saying. I mean it was read on his face. and I know he was confused but like theresa said he should know that marissa wouldnt hurt him like that. But glad that he made it up to marissa by showing up.

Caleb: Just when i start to like him again, he dies..

Kandy: I dont know whats going to happen with them, a separation seems like its coming for them, as much i dont want that, it has too, because now kirstin is in more pain then ever.

seth/summer : cuteness especailly that kiss.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

What a great episode! I knew Julie wouldn't go through with the drug Caleb plot. She even said to Lance that she wasn't a murderer. But I am afraid people are going to suspect her of foul play.
And Kirsten needs serious help. I feel so bad for her. She ended things on such bad terms with her dad!
I can't wait until Ryan finds out about Trey! I can't believe Marissa has gone this long w/o telling someone! But it looks like Summer figures it out next week. The Seth/Summer scene was absolutely adorable!! Now can they freakin have a HEALTHY functional relationship, w/o stupid Zach in the picture? That would kick ass.
I can't wait until the season finale!!
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

I've really only posted on this thread once before but I wanted to drop in and say that not only do I love the OC, but I think that these past few episodes have been incredible. I'm addicted to the drama and it only keeps getting better. I think that Kirsten is going to end up really bad if Sandy doesn't get her some help. I'm still in awe that Caleb is dead, I knew it was coming but I didn't think they'd remove not only the villian but the richest man in the OC out of the show. As much as I saw it coming, it's still shocking, you know? As for S/S, I'm glad that there's potential for a happy season finale unlike last year. And M/R, I think in due time things will be good as long as they get her some help with Trey and get him the heck out of the show. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm anxiously awaiting the season finale though the summer will be dreadful. Nice posting here! Take care.

ETA: Just wanted to also say that I don't think S/K will get a seperation or anything. I hope not at least. But if he loves her as much as we know he does, he won't leave her, or let her leave him when she needs the most help she can get.

ocdwithlhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Woah...great episode tonight. Umm, ok, seriously hate Trey more than ever now. What he did to Marissa and how he lied to Ryan...*shudder*. I can't wait until Ryan finds out and kicks Treys a**! LOL. Seth and Summer were cute as always. And I'm a girl too, but Julie did look fine in her bathing suit. Her scream when Cal fell into the pool was done really good. I actually forgot the characters weren't real for a second, haha. Poor Kiki...I love her to death, but she needs to serious HELP. Dude, it sucks that she and her dad ended on bad terms. I just know the guilt is eating her alive. And previews for next week...AHHH!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I haven't been watching The O.C. much of the season, but these past few episodes have hooked me in again. And tonight was no different - the episode was really great, and I haven't said that in awhile. First and foremost, I loved the tension between Ryan and Marissa. Ben and Mischa can pull off angst really well. I knew that Ryan would believe his brother, but I think he also truly believes that Marissa loves him. Lovvved the callback to "The Debut" when Ryan showed up at the prom. That last shot of them embracing was beautiful. I really just want these two to work out for awhile.

Also, the second I saw Theresa, I was like "OH NO!" But I loved her advice to Ryan, it was very sound.

Seth and Summer were cute...I liked Seth's speech to her in front of everyone. Sweet.

George Lucas? Ha!

It's really cool seeing Marguerite Moreau on The O.C. I've loved her since The Mighty Ducks.

Sandy and Kirsten, their problem is very compelling. I'm glad the writers are finding storylines for them...married people have problems too! Just look at Caleb and Julie.

Speaking of, I knew Alan was leaving...but I didn't think it'd be NOW! I can't believe he's dead! Crazy.

I'm so glad Tate and Amanda Righetti are coming back next week for the season finale!
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 PM
New Fan

OMG!!! That was amazing. I was impressed with Julie whimping out. (I'm about to commit heresy) I almost liked Theresa in this episode. "I know she loves you..because she let you go even though it broke her heart". Summer was good in this episode Zach: I can't just abandon you... Summer: I did it to you... Really an excellent episode. Did anyone recognize the bench from "The Debut"? In addition I liked the parallelism with the glass cathedral where J&C were married to his funeral. Kirsten said something I've been thinking for a while...but I felt bad for her at the end. I'm also getting a vibe they are going to suspect Julie. I love this show!

Last edited by OCGUY89; 05-13-2005 at 05:07 PM
OCGUY89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
New Fan

...Wow.

This episode was amazing. I could predict most of it, but it was still amazing.
I don't know where to start, but I'll try.

Caleb/Julie: I totally knew Julie would toss that drug-cocktail. I loved when she did. It shows she has a heart, really. I really feel for her. When she saw Caleb (I knew he would end up dying naturally), and screamed his name, it was amazing. Great acting. I liked the preview, back in that glass cathedral for the funeral. Oh, I want more bikini Julie next season, lol.

Kirsten/Sandy: Its very sad. I think this season will end with Kirsten leaving the OC, not Ryan, for re-hab. I feel for her. I want to see their marriage made solid again. I wonder if Ryan and Seth will be brought into this picture. Maybe next season-- I doubt we'll get true resolve until then.

Summer/Zach/Seth: So, Zach turned back into a goodie boy again. I don't care. He and Summer are finally over; their relationship got solid closure. I loved seeing Seth and Summer back together. Lets keep them together now. Don't break them up next week for the sake of ratings! George Lucas can't really act-- and I'm a little tired of the shameless Star Wars plugs.

Ryan/Marissa/Trey: I KNEW Ryan would meet Theresa when he was standing alone on those streets in Chino, even though it turns out she lives in Atlanta now. I knew she would set him straight, but it was still good. We will find out about the baby someday, but its good that it wasn't tonight. I was so happy to see Ryan and Marissa reunite. I do believe they met at the same spot by the bench as from episode 4, "The Debut" (That scene is probably one of my most favourite O.C. moments. The first 4 episodes of The O.C. are the best episodes of the entire series with a couple exceptions). It's almost like a resolve to that scene. The first time they met there, Marissa ran off. This time, they stayed together and embraced. Their relationship is becoming stronger than ever. I want to see them stay together. Trey, go shoot yourself. Looks like next week is a lot of drama for a lot of them-- did you guys see the previews?! That wasn't Oliver, was it?? I heard rumours... I don't want to wait all summer to see how Marissa recovers! She has to recover, right? If she leaves the show it just wouldn't be the same.

Previews: Looks great-- but looks like I won't be getting my happy ending for this season finale. Its gonna be just like last year. I wont be able to take waiting all summer and then some!! I want to see my O.C. characters all happy again. I have a hunch they'll be suspecting Julie as well. I mean, its a huge coincidence.

Oh, by the way, J.J. Philbin wrote this episode, actually! It still had that slight J.J. feel to it, but not in a bad way. Her last two episodes have been top-notch. J.J. keep this up and I will love you. You are definately redeeming yourself. Put Julie in more bikinis more often and I'll take back everything bad I ever said.

Last edited by Markisaustin; 05-12-2005 at 06:47 PM
Markisaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Passionate Fan

so why did zach come back? how did they finally end? did trey rape marissa? did she and ryan ever have sex? how did caleb die? is julie still sleeping with jimmy? thanks!
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
nessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Great episode.

Seth/Summer and Ryan/Marissa had absolutely adorable end scenes. Seth/Summer embracing/kissing at the prom and Ryan/Marissa holding each other right outside of prom. So cute.

Kirsten.. Oh man, Sandy, get her some help. Her alcoholism is only going to get 100 times worse due to Caleb's death. It broke my heart to see Kirsten grab the bottle whenever she heard the news.

Trey.. Is A Dick..

Theresa.. Loved her.

I also agree that R/M's relationship has gotten sooooooo much stronger. The old Marissa would have run off and waited for Ryan to come and "save her." She has matured so incredibly much and their relationship is now so healthy. I love it. I think there are two reasons for this.. One, Marissa has dropped the selfishness, to the point of being extremely selfless.. Two, because R/M actually did the friends thing before getting involved again and that was so important for them. I agree that Ben/Mischa have chemistry together. I knew they had some chemistry even last season, but this season, it has really been quite apparent. Adam and Rachel are all about chemistry as Seth/Summer, so it's cool that both pairings can bring it and blaze up the screen with some great chemistry.

Oh, and hopefully Zach has gotten off the screen permanently. A-OK by me.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really loved this episode. At first I was prepared to be disappointed because of the whole Seth/Summer/Zach prom thing, but it turned out better than I expected.

*Poor Caleb! He wasn't my favorite person but I didn't want to see him die! I'm relieved Julie didn't go thru with the drugged drink. I think she really kinda cared about Cal. Julie Cooper has a heart after all.

*Kirsten is a mess. She seriously needs some help, because she is in a terrible downward spiral and it's only going to get worse now that Caleb's dead. I really hoped the accident would have scared her straight like she claimed, but I knew it wasn't going to be that easy.

*Seth and Summer! Finally. I wasn't happy in the beginning with Summer, but her reaction to seeing Zach in the limo totally gave her away. She wanted to go to prom with Seth. And then he shows up, onstage, announcing to everyone at the dance that he loves the prom queen. It was adorable. That's the S/S I'm crazy about. Hopefully they can now have a Zach-free relationship!

*I felt really bad for Marissa when Trey lied to Ryan that she threw herself at him. I was afraid Ryan would take his brother's word over hers, and call me crazy, but I've been liking Marissa lately. Her nearly getting raped and then having Trey lie about it really bothered me. And Theresa! It was so good to see her again and I loved what she told Ryan. Couldn't we have gotten a glimpse of her baby though? Oh, and Ryan showing up at prom for Marissa was sweet.

*Previews look GREAT. I'm really looking forward to what happens!

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

does anyone know where i can get clips of this last ep? my vcr didn't time record

SYDNEY: You're the point guy?

VAUGHN: I'm the point guy.
Adorable01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:41 PM
New Fan

I liked this episode. The O.C had been letting me down for a while but it seems to be picking up the pace and getting back on track.

Okay, Trey is a total FART! When he first arrived this season he seemed so cool and sweet and now he is a complete jerk...I miss liking Trey.

Ryan/Marissa - I love you two together always. Very cute scene at the end (with references to The Debut) and Marissa looked gorgeous.

Uhhh, did anyone notice how they are making Seth, Ryan, Marissa and Summer Juniors AGAIN?! They were Juniors last year I think. I'm pretty sure anyways because in The Rescue when Marissa is being interviewed by the psychologist, the Psychologist says "in the tenth grade you were caught shoplifting" this would then lead us to assume that Marissa was in the summer before her Junior year in the first season. So this should be their Senior year. If I'm wrong somebody correct me but if I'm right....the writers have got some explaining to do!
darkrose87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread