Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

The O.C. Season 4 Discussion Thread

The O.C. Season 4 Discussion Thread

This is the thread for discussing all things Season 4 related, whether you've been rewatching the season or just want to generally reminisce.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Naomi
Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

No problem, hopefully it'll be useful!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah I definitely think it will be useful! Maybe not so much now, because we are doing the weekly episode discussions for season four.

But, it was a great idea!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, I'm already disappointed with the "5 months later" text. That's all I've seen though.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

I know... I wish they could have shown what happened right after, but oh well.

Ryan is so hot in S4. And so depressed in the first few episodes.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah! I want to see how the last five months have been! That's a lot of time to miss...

I remember Summer kind of falling into her own world a bit being in RI and because of Marissa, so that's familiar.. I've seen random stuff from S4 but I don't think I've ever seen a full episode from it.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

How far into the episode are you?

Seth doesn't seem that affected by Marissa's death. I'm glad he's torn about Ryan's condition though. Kaitlyn didn't seem that affected by her death either.

Ryan, Julie, and Summer are the main ones suffering. I think it says a lot that 5 months after her death, Ryan is still at rock bottom.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I'm only like 10 minutes into the episode. Seth just went to see Ryan, which was by far the best scene yet. As long as they continue Seth/Ryan time this season, I think I may be able to make it through... I'm not thrilled that Kaitlin & Taylor are regulars now, although I did know that was coming.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

You may grow to really like Taylor. She really does turn out to be somewhat the best girlfriend Ryan ever has in terms of how she treats him. I'll always love RM, but I think Marissa would want Ryan to be happy, and as you'll see Taylor definitely becomes adorable and makes him happy.

I don't like Kaitlyn so I couldn't care less about her.

A lot of the Seth/Ryan time in S4 is great. You may not feel this way at the end, but S4 actually turned out to be one of my favorite seasons.

ETA: It's so sad how Ryan feels the need to have big guys beat him up so he can feel the physical pain he feels inside from blaming himself for her death.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, we'll see. I'll want Ryan's happiness, and I'm actually REALLY glad that Ryan and Taylor didn't really have any scenes in S3. If the relationships are completely isolated, which they are, there is a chance I'll like Ryan/Taylor. Right now though, I really don't care for her.

I hope I can enjoy S4 and I'm glad to hear that there's Seth/Ryan time because that is soooo needed.

I have to stop watching right now, I'm glad I was at least able to finish S3 today. I am not sure yet if I'll be watching more S4 tonight, I will let you know though, if you're around.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

The best Ryan/Seth episode of the entire series in my opinion is S4 episode 15. The episode revolves around them.

There are also some really great Cohens +1 scenes and SS scenes in parts of S4. There is also a very Ryan/Sandy centric episode that brings back stuff from Ryan's past, which was great.

The last part of the episode you are on is REALLY REALLY touching, especially the Cohens +1 scene and the Ryan/Sandy scene.

Yeah, I'm glad Ryan and Taylor had pretty much no scenes in S3 as well. He really knows nothing about her and she really knows nothing about him other than the fact that he dated Marissa so they were never friends in S3 and I do think that makes it more realistic in S4.

Taylor is kind of annoying, but in my opinion she does become adorable. I think in real life someone like her would drive me mad, but for the purposes of the show, she really won me over in S4. I guess we'll see if you feel the same way.

Okay, talk to you later then!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Haven't seen Ryan get beat up. I only saw the first ten minutes, but I will get back to you on that.

Well, I do look forward to that stuff. I, of course, wish Marissa was still around, it's seriously devastating, but there seems to be some things to look forward to. I'll be a little surprised if I end up liking Taylor.. but I could see myself definitely tolerating Ryan & Taylor together. It seems soo far off right now though, they're so different and have had no interaction.

Oh I miss Marissa already.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, let me know how you feel about how Ryan is dealing with everything. It's sad. He needs multiple hugs. I think it was realistic though. It seemed very Ryan like to me. Let me know if you agree. He's basically brooding in solitude away from everyone, shutting everyone out, beating himself up, and blaming himself--thinking he's a burden to everyone and missing Marissa and I think he's probably been doing that for all 5 months.

I'm guessing perhaps he was suicidal at one point-- maybe during the first month after her death. There is an excellent fanfiction written about Ryan the first 5 months after Marissa's death. Let me know if you want to read it and I'll send you the link sometime.

Oh, I wish Marissa was still around too! And Ryan could have nursed her back to health!!!!!!!

Yeah, there are definitely some high points in S4 that I'm sure you'll probably really enjoy especially between Ryan and Seth and the Cohens.

Since I think it seems you love Ryan, you may love RT together if only for the fact that Ryan becomes freakin' adorable!!! Not that he wasn't before, but he kind of becomes funnier eventually in S4 and Ben McKenzie's facial expressions are precious, especially when they involve smiling!

I think it is very realistic that after a certain point, Ryan would try hard to be happy and move on because I was like that. A lot of bad stuff happened to me, and I was very depressed and always antsy and quiet, and then there came a time where I decided that life is short and it's not worth wallowing in depression anymore and I decided it's time to smile. For Ryan, I think he realizes eventually that that is what Marissa would want.

And in episode 7, you'll see there are memories of Marissa. I think that episode could have been written better, but at least it gives a little closure to the whole thing before RT.

I also think the writers did her memory justice in the series finale.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 06-18-2010 at 11:50 AM
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm gonna struggle talking about some S4 eps with you coz I've only seen some of them once, when they first aired. I kinda think of it as a different show...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I'm only like 10 minutes into the episode. Seth just went to see Ryan, which was by far the best scene yet. As long as they continue Seth/Ryan time this season, I think I may be able to make it through...
Yeah there is quite a lot of Seth/Ryan time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread