Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
That's lame. I do appreciate how this show doesn't focus on sex much, but at the same time, I'd kind of like to know if they're actually having sex or not!
I agree. I hate that the writers do that.

Ryan doesn't seem quick to have sex with any of his girlfriends except for Theresa though (cause according to the show they had tons of sex growing up as kids so they were used to doing the deed ) so... I don't know. Haha, I am almost 100% positive he never had sex with Lindsay. Their relationship was extremely innocent if you'd ask me. With Sadie, sex was quite a bit more likely. With Marissa, he didn't even have sex until S3... can you believe he waited that long?

I think with Ryan, the more he's in love with the girl, the less likely he is to have sex because to him the sex has to be extra special. I'm just throwing that out into the universe. I could be wrong. I think if Ryan is single, he'd do a one night stand in a heartbeat though with no emotional attachment.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 06-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think he slept with Lindsay either. And no, I cannot believe RM waited as long as they did! And I'm also surprised they didn't focus on it a bit more than they did in general. Very surprising.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't think he slept with Lindsay either. And no, I cannot believe RM waited as long as they did! And I'm also surprised they didn't focus on it a bit more than they did in general. Very surprising.
Yeah, I agree. It was a bit surprising that the writers didn't focus on it more. They focused more on SS having sex I think.

I do like that the first time RM had sex, it was extra special though and what Ryan set up for Marissa was sweet.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, SS having sex came soo quickly, and they were both virgins! You think it would have been played out the opposite since RM were not virgins. I'm definitely happy RM's first time was so special. It was great.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, SS having sex came soo quickly, and they were both virgins! You think it would have been played out the opposite since RM were not virgins.
I think SS having sex so fast and losing their virginity to each other was for comedic purposes. It was very unrealistic in the sense that statistics show that couples who rush into sex like that and lose their virginity quickly don't usually stay together, but I'm glad SS stayed together and were happy.

Yeah, I think RM waiting had a lot to do with Ryan because even right after the Oliver thing when it was totally inappropriate, Marissa was willing to do the deed. Ryan just seemed to want it to be at the perfect moment. I think the reason for that is she is the only girl he has ever been in love with. Don't get me wrong--I think he cared a lot about Theresa and Lindsay, but he was in love with Marissa so to have sex with her was like bearing his sole completely and he wanted to do it at the perfect moment.

Does that make any sense? Probably not. I think I'm babbling again. I'll shut up now.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Nah, it makes a ton of sense. No one can quite compare to Marissa in Ryan's eyes. He really really cares for her and I also believe he wanted that moment to be as special as it could be. He wouldn't pressure any girl to do that, but I think he'd be quicker about it with other girls.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nah, it makes a ton of sense. No one can quite compare to Marissa in Ryan's eyes. He really really cares for her and I also believe he wanted that moment to be as special as it could be. He wouldn't pressure any girl to do that, but I think he'd be quicker about it with other girls.
Exactly! Marissa was Ryan's first true love I think, and yep... he'd be quicker to do it with other girls.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, so I still haven't seen it yet obviously, but Mischa wanted to leave the show, right? So that's why they killed her off?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm, good question. Well the answer to that is complicated I think. Maybe Naomi or Martha or someone else knows more about it and would like to share their thoughts. I'll give you my opinion though.

There were rumors all throughout S3 that Mischa wanted to leave the show, but then she denied them and said she didn't want to leave the show. However, there are also interviews where she would say she's ready to move on and that she could be getting so many more movie roles if she wasn't on the show. I think it was Josh who fired her though. I don't want to raise any controversy in this thread so I'll just say that. I wasn't there so to me it's still all hearsay and only the cast, producers, and directors of The OC know the truth.

However, Mischa did say that it was her choice for the character to die. Josh gave her the choice of having Marissa leave to Greece or dying, and she chose for Marissa to die.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I am shocked that it would be Mischa's choice to kill the character or not. That's very interesting, I wouldn't expect Josh to give her that choice at all. I wonder if he agreed with her... I'm guessing there's a good chance that he did.

It's interesting to hear that she may have gotten fired, though, because I was always under the impression that Mischa wanted to leave the show and that was the only reason.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, the entire thing was complicated and controversial. If she was fired, I feel bad for her. I think she may have wanted to leave the show, but I think Josh hurt her pride and fired her before she could even make that decision. I don't blame anyone in the situation though. What happened, happened and whatever really went down, we will never know. I just wish Mischa the best in her career and hope that she has much success.

This is the interview where she says she chose for Marissa to die: YouTube - Mischa Barton killed Marissa
Old 06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder why he'd want to get rid of her. It all sounds sad.

Thanks, I will watch that later! Can't watch any more vids at the moment.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

About Mischa leaving, as Theresa said I think there's mostly a lot of hearsay about it. I've heard both that she wanted to leave and that she definitely didn't. I read an interview with her recently though and she talked about it, I forget exactly what she said now but I'm pretty sure she said she didn't want to leave! Mischa probably wanted Marissa to go out with a bang didn't she rather than her just leaving to go off to another country.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, wow, well this is all very interesting since I've had it in my head for years now that Mischa decided to leave (and they just honored the request if she was still in contract).

How many eps in S3? I'm anxious to finish it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Goodness knows what the whole story is though.

There're 25.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread