Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Ugh! I know! I didn't even notice the hug the first time surprisingly!

The good news is, Summer and Ryan are grandparents to bunnies first before she's husband and wife with Seth ...but I think it should still be just Ryan and Summer

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

me too, they'd of been the perfect couple
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I can totally see that! Mainly because I've been told that in my scripts, me and my perfect girl are like Ryan and Summer.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

oh really?

i think they would've been totally perfect

Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Ah! The pool!!!

I love how in this shot, it's just them! LOVE her look

Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know me too, it was quite a coupley sequence, but I love how much R/S got into it! They have fun together so easily
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah!

Their chemistry on set definitely makes me love this

And I've heard atleast two people tell me that my scripts remind them of Ryan and Summer

Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know, it's a shame we never got to see their chemistry forfil it's potential though
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Absolute Fan

The only good thing about Seth and Summer that I liked is that it makes you kind of believe that a nerd falling for one of the most beautiful, popular girls in school can happen.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

yeah but that happens on a lot of tv shows.

I kinda have issues of love stories where the guy loves the girl from a distance for years, bc it's not real love, imo, Seth didn't really even know Summer, he thought she was hot & was kinda obsessed with her, that's not love imo
Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Good point. And to top it off, he never even spoke to her until Ryan came.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

exactly! How can you love someone you've never spoken to?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah. He seemed to only fall in love with her because she was beautiful. Actually, didn't he fall for her because of that mermaid poem?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I kinda have issues of love stories where the guy loves the girl from a distance for years, bc it's not real love, imo, Seth didn't really even know Summer, he thought she was hot & was kinda obsessed with her, that's not love imo
I completely agree with all of this and it's precisely the reason I don't like Seth/Summer at all. Seth was definitely obsessed. I don't even think he knew what love really was until the very end of S2. By S4 he definitely loved her though, but often times in the first two seasons he did things that made me feel like he has no clue what it means to love a girl. He was infatuated/obsessed. I can't root for couples like that. I also found their scenes boring, which obviously is an unpopular opinion but I'm just not a fan. I love Seth and Summer as individuals, but when they were together I just wanted to fastforward the television.

In S3 I think Summer and Ryan were more compatible than SS.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think S/S were quite refreshing from all the angst that was R/M, & Adam/Rachel had good chemistry back in the day, but I just couldn't buy that they loved each other in the first couple of seasons. I think my biggest issues with them though was that he seemed to take her for granted a lot.