Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode Discussion - The Countdown

Okay, I didn't see a thread...so come! Discuss!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Extreme Fan

*fanning self*

Ok. PG and KR looked way too hot in this episode, (hell, even Kirsten' sis noticed) I almost couldn't stand it. I mean, those eye shots when they were picking thw watches at the party? Those smiles? Are they trying to kill me? Seriously. I didn't think it was possible for them to look hotter than they did in 'The Homecoming". And Kelly Rowan? My current girl crush. I think I'm in love with her. And I'm straight. That's not normal but it's stronger than me. I can't help it. Well, actually what's not normal is me having a crush on Peter Gallagher when he is older than my dad. At least Kelly is not old enough to be my mom. That's my excuse, anyway. But who cares, right? Isn't Demi Moore with Ashton Kutcher? Bwah.

*deep breath*

Too hot.

Anyway. Ryan and Marissa were so cute. When he said "I love you" at the end? Best R/M scene ever. I was 'awwing' the whole time. I'm not exactly a shipper but I adore them. Can't say the same about Seth/Summer/Anna though. I love Seth but I just couldn't care less about his girls.

This episode was so good that I didn't miss Julie (I actually like her), Jimmy or Luke. And I hope Rachel is gone. For like... ever. Definetely one of my fav episodes of the season.

PS: Loved seeing MC and RB in the opening credits but I don't know... just didn't like the editing I guess. And why, oh why did they have to change Kelly's introduction? I absolutely loved that. Oh well, at least there's still Kandy.
L. Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

The scene in the car...with Sandy defying the GPS lady...so awesome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm still in the middle of watching the ep right now, heh.

So many good quotes it's not even funny...
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw The Countdown monday night in Canada but I just wanna say it was one of the best episode of The O.C. with all the references to the past episodes and the joke about Russell Crowe. As for the whole Anna/Seth/Summer, well I defended and will defend Anna till the end on this one except all my thoughts on the Canadian thread. I so could relate to her not wanting to be alone and going to Seth. I remember driving to this guy house one night because well I just needed to see him... of course for me it didn't end like Anna but anyway, I could relate to Anna and the smile on Seth's face was great. They both looked happy. Anyway, I am sure people will be angry at her and call her name (but I strongly believe it would be the other way around if Summer had done the same thing) but I am not going to change everybody's mind. I did feel bad for Summer though and once Summer stops thinking she can have eveything she wants and that everybody likes her and well just grow up, I am sure she and Seth will be together. I just don't think it is the right time right now but someday it will IMO. I still like both couples so no matter what I will be happy which is the best situation to be in really because you don't get dissapointed about anything! Now as much as I felt a little bad for Summer in the episode it was nothing compare to the preview. I am spoilers free and will remain that way but the preview scared me like hell because as much as I am ready to defend Anna and Seth for the New Year Eve make out, I am not going to like them if they are not honest with Summer. Meaning if they Seth and Anna start to date, they owe it to Summer... Honesty is the only thing I ask for. They don't owe Summer anything except be honest with her! That's all and this is why I am nervous about the preview. We'll see in 3 weeks I guess.

Marissa and Ryan were cute and I still believe Ben is the best kisser I ever seen on TV. He has that something... wow!

Sandy and Kirsten were just once again the coolest. I really like that they are so cool and so funny and their storylines are not boring even if they are the parents. Love them!

I could say much more but it is time for bed!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

This was a really great episode, but it turned sour for me during the previews for the next episode...in three weeks!!! I loved Seth's "Have you hugged my t-shirt today?" shirt...has he worn that before, b/c it looks familiar?
I usually can't watch R/M but I was awwing at that last scene. I was like, "Run, Ryan, run." For some reason, I think that "Natalie" doesn't exist, but maybe that's just me being paranoid. Tsk, tsk, Oliver.
I cannot believe Seth ended up with Anna at midnight! I was ok with him choosing neither...This is not going to play out well, especially when Summer finds out.
Kirsten and Sandy. Perfect. Nuff said.
This episode rocked and I'm glad that I'm finally getting into this show.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Great episode. I loved Ryan and Marissa in this one. The kiss at the end with the I love you. awww. How sweet. I also loved how Sandy took back his watch. I didn't like Kirstin's sister very much, but Seth's line of "I'll hug you when you get some clothes on" or soemthing like that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That was great. Anna showing up at Seths [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] why couldn't it be Summer. I felt so bad for her.

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Loyal Fan

And now it's over.

I'm very S&S and S&K but a big AWWWWWW to R/M this ep. That New Year's kiss was filmed wonderfully. Great scene.

They should've showed more S&K at the end but anyway...too cute with Sandy holding up the watch. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Summer just killed me at the end. Bravo to Rachel...the heartache in her voice. "You're not Seth Cohen. I wasn't talking to you...happy new year." [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

I really dislike Hailey. Really really.

The only thing I caught from the previews was Luke singing along to Rooney. Okay...that just does...not sit well with me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited ~ Chickie ~ ]
Old 12-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And Kelly Rowan? My current girl crush.
My precioussssssss! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I love Seth but I couldn't care less about his girls
Hah. SO true, Manu! Pfffft. weiners.

Kandy rocks my socks. *twirls* [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

The ending was one of the best. Such a sucker for slowmo-nice-music-arriving-right-in-time-plot last scenes. Hee.

Nooooooooooo comment on Summer. *snerk*
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Addicted Fan

We have more eye candy on this show. Hailey Nichol is hot. I found only a couple of credits for Amanda Righetti. She also looked too young for the role.

I loved Marissa's outfits. She was so hot tonight.

Seth ended up looking like a smart guy for once. Stick with Anna, Seth.

I felt bad for Oliver. I still feel like she and Marissa should be together.

Chris
algernonsidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

I missed the Christmas episode, so I was definitely looking forward to this one. I love Seth/Summer, but the Ryan/Marissa cuteness this go around was just too good to overlook. I absolutely adored the way they shot that New Year's kiss. The slow tracking, with the confetti in the foreground, so cool.

Although I was getting very cranky with Anna skipping out and going off to see Seth, and then making out with him. But score one for Summer realizing that she's not going to be able to just get over Seth with some random guy. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I loved that song at the end too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Yay! Seth wound up with the right girl as the ball dropped! Ding, end round two. Winner? Anna Stern.

Annnnywaaay...

The Ryan-running scene was a little cheesy, but Ben pulled it off. Ben? You're hot. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oliver is really annoying. Go away, dweebus. Marissa loves Ryan! Ryan loves Marissa! Eee!
shipper squeal.

Sandy/Kirsten? Aww. The 'swingers' party plot just squicked me out to no end. I wish they'd done something else. Sandy and the GPS: Bwah. I love you, Sandy.

Hailey didn't impress me. Another disposable guest star to go the way of Dawn and Grabby Gabby.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

My poor poor Summer!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] GO S/S! hehe [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>The scene in the car...with Sandy defying the GPS lady...so awesome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
i loved that. and when they were at the swingers party, i just couldn't stop laughing.

i loved how Seth was with Anna at the end. It made my heart happy.

i could care less about the whole "I love you" moments or any moments with Marissa. Really boring to me.

Can anyone tell me what happened at the beginning? I kinda missed it. Like, the first 15 minutes maybe? thanks.

ashley
Old 12-17-2003, 11:06 PM
New Fan

I can't get onto the offical site-but does anyone know where I can get an up to date list of music? I wish all my favorite shows had what dawsonscreekmusic.com has, it would make things easier. Thanks.
MegDuf32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

So I'm a much bigger Anna fan than a Summer fan, but I just plain hate triangles. Pick one already! =P

The Russell Crowe references were cute, a little funny. The whole R/M last minute scenes were a little cliche, but again, still cute.

Not a fan of Haley, I basically agree with Kirsten. She needs to grow up.