Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi all. Ok. I don't usually post on the O.C. board but, no time like the present right?
Um last night's episode. There were things I liked, and things I didn't. It wasn't overtly great, but it had its moments.

Sandy is the greatest TV dad of all time. He is funny and smart and sticks up for Kirsten (btw, I felt for her last night). He is so nice to Jimmy too.

I'm loving Luke. How cute was he to Ryan. "No one's looking" he is such a welcome addition to the group IMO. They've really redeemed his character.

Seth/Anna they don't do it for me. I don't dislike them or the individual character's but they are so boring.

LOVED Ryan last night. I feel for the guy, his girlfriend is the densest person on the planet if she a) can't tell that Oliver has a thing for her b)can't see that Oliver is a deluded pschyopath

Summer is my girl. She wasn't moping and being all depressed...she was doing what was totally in character for her to do. Fight back.

Quote:
IMO a bitch is a bitch so Summer would go for Luke if she wanted.
Summer may be a bitch, but must we forget that she does put Marissa before herself, like a true best friend. She practically tore Holly apart at the club when she saw Luke w/ her. She cares about Marissa and she's there for her. Not like Marissa often returns the favor...

Zenmaster #31
Breakfast Clubber #127
P/J'er
pinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pinx:
<STRONG>
Summer may be a bitch, but must we forget that she does put Marissa before herself, like a true best friend. She practically tore Holly apart at the club when she saw Luke w/ her. She cares about Marissa and she's there for her. Not like Marissa often returns the favor...</STRONG>
See she tore Holly apart or almost but when you really think about it, Summer knew that Luke was sleeping around and Marissa's good friend Summer never told her that. Even Holly told Summer that she was being a hypocrite because she knew what Luke was doing. IMO a true friend would tell me that my bf is sleeping around. Summer did not do that... she defended Marissa but IMO it was too little too late. I have yet to see Summer being a good friend to Marissa and Marissa a good friend to Summer. OK except maybe Summer in The Rescue but besides that Summer has shown only one thing and that is that she cares about herself and what she wants. And it is becoming more and more clear with the last few episodes I saw.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y:
<STRONG>

And the Dawsons/Joey comparison? Laughable. Comparing one couple you hate to another couple you hate doesn't make them alike. They're nothing like D/J. If anything, they're like Pacey and Joey. I've kinda thought that since the beginning.

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited T O B Y ]</STRONG>
I dont think they were just comparing 2 couples they hated, just 2 couples that they thought were more "best friends" than bf/gf. Sorry if I'm wrong about that one seeing as I didnt post it. Also I dont think Seth/Anna are anything like Pacey/Joey. Pacey and Joey hated each other and were always arguing, then they fell in love where as Seth/Anna got along in the beginning. Seth/Summer are more like Pacey/Joey.

I thought the episode was ok overall, not great.

Marissa: Someone please kill her, or beat some sense into her. Ryan deserves someone much much much better. I woudl like R/M if she would maybe stand up for him once in a while and not go off with other guys, especially guys like Oliver.
Ryan: How much do I love him? Kick Oliver's ass dude!!
Oliver: He's just...Oliver
Luke: He was hilarious AND a good friend to Ryan. What happened to Seth and Ryan. They're supposed to be best friends but Seth wasnt even around and by the looks of next week's show he isnt gonna be very supportive of Ryan.
Seth/Anna: Summer's right, they act like siblings...OLD siblings. Very boring and blah. Nose-grabbing: sexy! Isn't that what like grandmas to their grandchildren??
Summer: She kicks so much ass! Every scene with her was hilarious. I loved how frustrated she was when Seth/Anna said something annoying every time she changed the channel. I love you Summer!!
Sandy/Kirsten: Awesome as always, they're just perfect.

Definitely not one of my favorite episodes, but it had its moments.

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited DePpSDoLL ]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay Oliver is a creep.

Its cool that Sandy and Jimmy are going in business together..once Jimmy becomes established..look for rachel to pop back in.

Ryan looks like he is getting into some serious trouble.

Great episode.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*:
<STRONG>

See she tore Holly apart or almost but when you really think about it, Summer knew that Luke was sleeping around and Marissa's good friend Summer never told her that. Even Holly told Summer that she was being a hypocrite because she knew what Luke was doing. IMO a true friend would tell me that my bf is sleeping around. Summer did not do that... she defended Marissa but IMO it was too little too late. I have yet to see Summer being a good friend to Marissa and Marissa a good friend to Summer. OK except maybe Summer in The Rescue but besides that Summer has shown only one thing and that is that she cares about herself and what she wants. And it is becoming more and more clear with the last few episodes I saw.</STRONG>
I really don't want to get into this, but how exactly did Summer know about Luke/Holly? If people were hiding Luke's cheating from Marissa, wouldn't they hide it from Summer too? When Holly said "Everyone knew", I took it as meaning everyone knew, but you were too blind/dumb to see it.

Summer said herself that she was trying to get revenge on S/A by sabotaging their weekend, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do (because it isn't), but why would she deliberately hide something that big from Marissa, her best friend?

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited spazzie ]
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Posting so my edit shows.
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

I just wanna say that Summer is not a bitch. There is a difference for me. We have seen Summer deep down ssssooo many times. We know the real Summer. The bitch is Julie Cooper. Theres a difference between Julie bitch and Summer bitch. lol If that made sence. Summer is a funny bitch. I don't think i have ever used bitch so much in a message hehehe

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ryan deserves someone much much much better. I woudl like R/M if she would maybe stand up for him once in a while and not go off with other guys, especially guys like Oliver.
I agree with you, depsidoll. Just because Marissa relates to him maybe a little bit better than she does Ryan right now doesn't mean she should take his side over her own boyfriend. I admit, she did the same thing with Ryan when she was with Luke(defended him to Luke and his friends), but jumping down Ryan's throat every time he opens his mouth(and not even in the good way!) is not the way to treat a guy that loves you and wants to protect you.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have so many things to say to some people who are being very petty. But I'm not, I'm just going to say that people have their opinions. You are not right. Neither is the other person. It's an opinion. And dissing people is not going to help because I know that neither of us is going to change our minds.

So people, grow up.

Ice Queen Follower, I agree, that "Old Seth" talk was creepy.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I posted these in my LJ too, so sorry if you see them twice! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Random thoughts
- I may be the only one, but I love Oliver and his psychotic tendencies.
- Summer is by far the greatest character on this show.
- Jimmy/Sandy have such a biggaylove, and I love it!
- Both Sandy and Sandy/Kirsten have really grown on me.
- I'm starting to regain my Ryan love.
- Luke is cute and awesome.
- Luke and Ryan's biggaylove is also something I love.
- Summer was so right, Anna and Seth are like brother and sister.
- Those Summer/Luke scenes made me squee!
- Julie has pretty new hair. I heart her!

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
beautifulgarbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgarbage:
<STRONG>

Random thoughts
- I may be the only one, but I love Oliver and his psychotic tendencies.
</STRONG>
haha dont worry your not alone [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] haha he can take marissa away with him and ryan can *finally* be with his real mate, Summer [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>haha he can take marissa away with him and ryan can *finally* be with his real mate, Summer [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You know, I actually wouldn't mind that at all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
beautifulgarbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmm, okay.

Marissa - There's stupid, and then there's Marissa-stupid. That's all you can say about her: stupid.

Ryan - DUMP HER! DUMP HER NOW! And kick Oliver's ass while you're at it. Ryan deserves so much better.

Oliver - Ewww. Big ew. Very creepy. There is something about the actor that makes me uncomfortable watching him. *shiver*

Seth - He's starting to bug me. It's because he's always with Anna, I think. They are NOT cute together. They're awkward and dull. Blegh.

Anna - I hate her. She's so annoying. Her voice is annoying, her hair is bad, her makeup is bad, her clothes are hideous. Get rid of her. Now.

Summer - Bwah! I love Summer. She was too funny. I don't really care if she's being a bitch. She's funny, and her and Seth have actual chemistry.

Luke - hee, I adore Luke now. Although I don't really get why he'd suddenly go from hating Ryan to being best buddies. But at least he can see that Oliver is a jackass. Yay Luke!

Hailey - can she just go to Africa and die now? Please? Pretty please?

Sandy - Heh. Drunk Sandy.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spazzie:
<STRONG>

I really don't want to get into this, but how exactly did Summer know about Luke/Holly? If people were hiding Luke's cheating from Marissa, wouldn't they hide it from Summer too? When Holly said "Everyone knew", I took it as meaning everyone knew, but you were too blind/dumb to see it.

Summer said herself that she was trying to get revenge on S/A by sabotaging their weekend, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do (because it isn't), but why would she deliberately hide something that big from Marissa, her best friend?

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited spazzie ]</STRONG>
I always got the feeling that Summer knew and she almost tore Holly apart because she kinda felt guilty about it. That's my feeling about the situation and when you look at Summer as a character, you kinda get the feeling that she would have know. She is popular, she is probably the girl in high school who gets everything and at the same time is mean to almost everyone. She probably knew from someone that Luke was sleeping around. She must have known. I understand Marissa not knowing because the girlfriend is always the last one to know but Summer? She knew for sure... She is so popular and she is friend with everyone in the popular crowd so when Holly told her everybody knew, Summer must have felt guilty about the whole thing. She probably just ignore some of the things she saw. I actually think Marissa was pretty stupid for not knowing about it because at one point you have to wake up but Summer knew IMO and this is why she tore Holly apart at the party.

Summer is actually the person you wanna be in high school but the person you actually hate the most in high school. You love to hate her... IMO, we don't know the real Summer yet. She has yet to show me her true self. Hope it is not the one I saw in the last episodes.

You know what, when I really think about it, I dislike everything about the triangle. I have problems with Seth for not standing up, I dislike Summer for being so pathetic that it is actually funny how pathetic she is and I have problems with Anna for not dumping Seth and telling Summer to just F!@#$%? OFF and grow up!
Old 01-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DePpSDoLL:
<STRONG>I dont think they were just comparing 2 couples they hated, just 2 couples that they thought were more "best friends" than bf/gf. Sorry if I'm wrong about that one seeing as I didnt post it. Also I dont think Seth/Anna are anything like Pacey/Joey. Pacey and Joey hated each other and were always arguing, then they fell in love where as Seth/Anna got along in the beginning. Seth/Summer are more like Pacey/Joey. </STRONG>
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] It wasn't about me hating Dawson/Joey. It was the fact that I find them very comparable as being a best friend kind of thing. I don't get how someone could see them as Pacey and Joey seeing as how S/A don't argue at all...they have a real best friends kind of puppy love vibe to them.

P/J and S/S have this arguing, love/hate passionate kind of vibe to them.

Just making a comparison...not about hate or anything :p

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited ~ Chickie ~ ]
Reply   Post New Thread