Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>
Summer. Before this little jealousy thing was kind of cute, and I figured I could deal with it for a few episodes. Now? You're just being an annoying biotch. Step off.</STRONG>
Word. I hated her in the episode, she was so annoying. She made me mad the entire time. I hope she's not like this in the next epsiode, because I can't stand her as it is and her constant ragging on Seth & Anna is only making it worse. If she was so pissed they got together than she shouldn't have insisted on them all still being friends.

Put her with Luke, heck put her with Oliver for all I care, just get her away from Seth & Anna and stop making her such a sore loser. Its annoying.

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited harkin-angel ]
harkin-angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Good Episode.

Marrissa: Could she be any more gullible? I know she is just trying to be a friend for Oliver (since he clearly has none) but it seems like she cares about what he's doing than her relationship with Ryan. ermm, not good.

Oliver: Ya yadda yadda yadda the writers made you feel sorry for him in 'The Third Wheel' but honestly he just needs to go away, the lying sack of crap. No one messes with Ryan like that. Leave Oliver.

Seth/Summer/Anna: Seth still cute as can be and lights up when he see's Summer..CLEARLY. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Loved Summer, looked great, acted great. Her little revenge stuff for Seth...aww too funny. And how she pops out of nowhere when Seth/Anna get close. Yay! Speaking of Seth/Anna..it's like watching paint dry..BORING couple. They ARE like "brother & sister"..*sigh* Summer is so smart.

Luke: Still enjoying him. Lookin' good too.

Ryan: He really doesn't get the respect he deserves from Marrissa. That's sad and it's all Marrissa fault. But whatever, might just be me. Oh, he looked great and the fiesty/protective attitude? *swoon*

Other Notes: I always like the Jimmy and Sandy bonding. I thought I wouldn't like Julie's hair, but it looks nice on her. Kind of glad Caleb put Hailey in her place (shutting off her cash bull and such) b/c let's face it, Hailey would've done what she did previously. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The drunk Sandy made the episode.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

All in all, I liked this episode. Much more than "The Third Wheel" anyway.

Summer: I think this episode had many moments which are now my favourite of Summer. The whole scene b/t her and Marissa was hilarious, and it was good to see a scene between the two best friends again. Although I felt for her when R/M started macking on each other. I knew how she felt then. The whole holding hands 'friends' thing was a bit creepy, but you could tell it was Summer's act of vengeance. Also, The Da Vinci code on Audiotape? This girl rocks. The Da Vinci Code is one of my favourite books. I think all of Summer's lines and actions were perfect. I mean, when a guy breaks your heart you can either mope or you can cope, I think this was Summer's way of trying to cope and it was funny and enjoyable to see Summer's triumph. I think a lot more people could relate to her after this ep.

S/S/A: Honestly, not digging Seth and Anna as individual people at this point. Mainly all of Anna's looks regarding Summer. So I'm glad Summer was doing what she was doing. I think Summer knows they don't want to be her friend all that much, like when she was saying it was a scheduled thing, I think she was testing them. Seeing if they would tell her to go away. Pushing them to their limit. Although the fact that they are the still the threesome even after Seth chose Anna is bothering me. This obviously indicates point blank, as if no one figured it out already, that the triangle isn't over. But seeing Oliver immediately pair them up together and everything, and them going in the same car, it just made me roll my eyes.

Summer/Marissa: What happened to them being best friends? Where did that go? I was thankful for one best friends scene b/t them in the beginning. But when Oliver said, "All you friends can come, Seth, Anna... Summer" I just thought it was insane. Summer is her best friend, I think she's more important than Seth and Anna to Marissa. Marissa didn't spend any time w/ Summer on the trip, despite Marissa's "It'll be fun!" pep talk.

Marissa: Yeah, just plain annoying in general in this episode. Especially towards Ryan. I'm sorry, but the girl cannot get anymore selfish. Also, the fact that she was ashamed of her Dad's place just made me roll my eyes. It's a good home. Be happy. You have a boyfriend. Stop taking things for granted! Like Ryan! This episode just proved how, no offense, but the girl has no street smarts. No smarts at all in this episode, if she can't see what Oliver's up to. It's so conspicous, and if Luke noticed and Marissa didn't, well...

Oliver - I still like him. I thought his little pill-dance at the end was amusing. He's an interesting character, I want to see more of him but less of him and Marissa. He's taking advantage of her and it's sad because she doesn't realize it. I want to see more R/O conflict, but less over Marissa, although what else would they have conflict over?

Seth/Anna - Oh boy. I'm going to be blunt here, I got sibling vibes from the very beginning of the episode and when Summer said that I was shocked because the same thought kept crossing my mind. Their body language really does scream 'brother and sister'. For instance, the way they laid on the bed together in the beginning. It looked like a scene from 7th Heaven or something, brother and sister bonding. Most couples have their arm around each other, or something, I'm not saying their all over each other but still... a real couple acts like one behind closed doors, not just infront of people. Not that they did a good job of that either. Anna's pissy attitude during the gold thing was annoying. You can tell she thinks Summer's a baby or whatever for not carrying her own golf pack, but Anna's here making these whiny faces. Grin and bear it, girl. Seth is.

Did anyone else think they were high when they talked about Smurfs and Cabbage Patch kids? I'm sorry, but they sounded like they were stoned.

Hailey - Hmm. I thought she was a little melodramatic at the end, but I want her to stick around honestly. I like the interaction and plot-lines between her, Caleb, Julie and Kirsten.

Jimmy/Sandy - I liked a friendship b/t them before, but this episode really made it even better. It's so great that they can be friends like that, it also signifies how healthy Sandy and Kirsten's relationship is and Jimmy's earnestness. I loved the bonding between these two.

Sandy/Kirsten - The end was awesome between these two. Drunk Sandy bumping into the bed or whatever that was, too cute. These two never fail to make me smile. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

My 30 minute thoughts.
- I really do adore Julie's hair.
- Marissa...what are you doing with your hand on Oliver's leg? You do not deserve the arms.
- Aw, Anna's outfit is cute. Although isn't that the same shirt that Hailey wore last week?
- Guh. Benjamin McKenzie is a sex machine.
- Luke looks so. wrong. in his golfing outfit.
- This is the Summer I know and love.
- Luke and Ryan 4Evah again. Love the Puddle of Mudd song along with this scene. Perfect.
- Oliver, you total **nt.

Oh and IMO, Seth/Anna have as much chemistry as Dawson/Joey. Whichever side you were on in that debacle is whatever side you're on in this one [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Guh. Benjamin McKenzie is a sex machine.
Word. That scene as Puddle of Mudd played at the end(weird song choice, btw). Gah. I bet if you looked up 'sex' in the dictionary, or at least the thesaurus, you'd see "Benjamin McKenzie" written out there.

The quasi-semi O/M/R triangle doesn't even make me want to stab myself with a fork, because Oliver reeks.

Quote:
Posted by Emrie:

And I'm so glad Summer came off as taking revenge and being pissed, rather than pathetic and trying to break them up. Good job.
Um...how is that the lesser of two evils? She's still annoying. She's becoming the "Dawson" in the scenario. Jealous, catty, and completely undeserving of the Seth. Um, you lost this round, girl. Get over it.

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited last beautiful girl ]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Ben/Ryan's "I'm gonna kill you" kind of looks make me think of them as "I wanna **ck you" kind of looks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by harkin-angel:
<STRONG>Word. I hated her in the episode, she was so annoying. She made me mad the entire time. I hope she's not like this in the next epsiode, because I can't stand her as it is and her constant ragging on Seth & Anna is only making it worse. If she was so pissed they got together than she shouldn't have insisted on them all still being friends.

Put her with Luke, heck put her with Oliver for all I care, just get her away from Seth & Anna and stop making her such a sore loser. Its annoying.</STRONG>
She is becoming one of the most annoying characters in the history of television. She and Oliver should get together, since they both can't seem to get the message. But at least Oliver is interesting.

Summer is just a toothache that won't go away. It's not funny or cute. It's just as pathetic and childish as Hailey's routine. Maybe they could be lesbian lovers.

Chris
algernonsidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>Ben/Ryan's "I'm gonna kill you" kind of looks make me think of them as "I wanna **ck you" kind of looks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh yes. I/we have dirty minds. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Summer?

Is my TV girlfriend. Disregard the fact that I'm a girl.. but she just rocks. LOVED Rachel's delivery of "Awesome". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Luke? Love him as a goober. And I really wont mind seeing Summer/Luke! She was just too cute in the car.

S/A? I tried to see what could be appealing about them.. Zzzzzzzzz.

Oh, Anna sweetie. Did she blow the makeup/wardrobe artists' boyfriends or something? Why do they hate her so!

Ehhhrm. Oliver? *****ing creepy. Just creepy.

Marissa? Suckiest. Girlfriend. Ever. Ever. Ever.. DUMP HER ASS, RYAN! NOW!

Btw, which Puddle of Mudd song was used? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited *reza* ]

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited *reza* ]
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>

Oh and IMO, Seth/Anna have as much chemistry as Dawson/Joey. Whichever side you were on in that debacle is whatever side you're on in this one [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Dawson/Joey, but I hate Seth/Anna

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Hee hee, well my little theory is blown into the dust [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My final thoughts
- Go. Kirsten.
- PSYCHO OLIVER. STUPID MARISSA.
- "Brother and sister". I loooooove you Summer.
- Manipulative Oliver. Why is Marissa such a prize anyway?
- Sandy and Kirsten are the cutest couple ever.
- While I hate Oliver, I do have to give massive props to Taylor for playing him so well.

PS - The Puddle of Mudd song is "Away From Me" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Dawson/Joey, but I hate Seth/Anna
Me too. I was an old-school Dawson's-Creek-er. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So there goes that idea. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] However, that ship did come about when I was 12, before I developed an tendency towards banter-y couples with sizzling chemistry. So old habits die hard, but I tend to be much more a S/S type with current stuff.
emrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

I think what Summer did was much better than sitting around and moping. For a television audience, that would be A.) boring, B.) uncharacteristic, C.) another Marissa. I'd probably do the same to a guy if I had to spend the weekend w/ him and his new girlfriend. Avoiding him would be showing that it still affects her, and Summer doesn't want to do that. She didn't even act jealous. This was different from the way she acted in "The Perfect Couple". I think today she was just more uncomfortable with it than jealous. If she was jealous she would've been glaring at them.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Passionate Fan

I have to add on how good the song "Away from me" by puddle of mud.. suited Ryan & Marrissa. Perfect. lol
Old 01-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Summer is just a toothache that won't go away. It's not funny or cute. It's just as pathetic and childish as Hailey's routine. Maybe they could be lesbian lovers.
Chris
Chris? I heart you.

Summa&Hailey4EVA!!1!

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- Marissa..Oh, Marissa. *strangles*. She is getting very aggravating. Not as much as Summer's kiddie-ish interrupting and NOT accepting, but..yeah. Those two, ack.

why is Marissa such a prize, anyway?
Hah. No idea, Leigh. (Well, I have the obvious one. Lmao). Don't know how Ryan can stand it - All I want to do is thwap her.

- Summer. Chris' quote above said it all, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But, dude, The Summer/Luke-ness is THERE. Also wanted to punch her for the "EwW!1!!" she let out in the car.

And if you wanna have a threesome with a couple, ask instead of...doing what you do. Sigh. One day.

- About S/A. To those who think of it as sibling lurve..if I see my cousins touching hands like that or fondling on a bed, well..INCEST!

- Seth. I heart Seth. Except when he's being whipped by Summer. But he's still cute and I still wub him.

~*~

- Hailey is goooone! Big freakin' WOOTAMAMA! But..who's gonna be Summer's bigfatgaylove? Pout.

- Saaaaaaaandy! Love! lovelove you, Sandy. The last (drunk) Kandy scene was great. Dammit, want more.
"The ugly americans are back". Did I mention my SANDY lurve? [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

- Kiiiiirsten! Love you too! You're so pretty and you have a pretty husband and a pretty kid. Yay for growing a pair and sending the sis faaaar away with no moolah.
Now you can resume the unfinished Kandy smut, please.

- Julieeeeeee! Yay! I missed the real b*tch on the show. And the hair, very French? Yeah. Right. *nod*
Snerk. Julie rocks.

- Oliver? BWAHAHA. Such a freak. But a funny freak.
But I'd like him to really die know.
His purpose on the OC is to show Marissa's utter dumbness.

Mmhmm. I hate Summer, dislike Marissa, find Ryan ok, don't care about Luke. Yet I still love the show, heh.
But that's because Seth, Sandy, Kirsten, Jimmy, Julie & Anna save it, IMO.

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited X-6_494 ]
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread