Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 01:20 PM
New Fan

xKatx, don't worry, you made perfect sense. Being an avid S/S shipper, I'm very skeptical of any criticism made towards the potential relationship of those two. However - as awkward as it may be to admit this myself -you made some valid arguments, lol.

Although, I must add that Summer has come along way since " The Debut"

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited OC Spydar ]
Old 01-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by OC Spydar:
<STRONG>xKatx, don't worry, you made perfect sense. Being an avid S/S shipper, I'm very skeptical of any criticism made towards the potential relationship of those two. However - as awkward as it may be to admit this myself -you made some valid arguments, lol.

Although, I must add that Summer has come along way since " The Debut"

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited OC Spydar ]</STRONG>
I totally, completely agree with you.

I'm an SS shipper because of the fact that I see more chemistry between Seth and Summer than Seth and Anna. I love Anna, I really, really do. I think she's a very refreshing insertion in the stories that center around Ryan/Marissa/Oliver and she provides a somewhat lighthearted and down-to-earth-ness to the cast. But I just don't feel anything between her and Seth.

And that locker scene at the end just killed me. You could tell that Summer wanted Seth so badly, and right now I think that Seth's so confused he doesn't know what he wants.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Late thought...

Did it bother anyone else that the other two students in detention with Ryan were both minorities?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't notice that, but I'm sure the producers didn't intend to insult anyone by it.

Old 01-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, does Summer look a little bit mixed to anyone else? Like Filipino? Not trying to sound rude or discriminatory or what-not, just curious...

Old 01-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh I'm sure it was an accident/coincidence, etc. It was just a little weird.

I don't think Summer looks Filipino. Although you know, if she really is, they can cast me as her sister or something [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

xKatx - Actually, yes, I was applying that to S/A, but it could also very easily be applied to R/M. "The Best Chrismukkah" is a perfect example of that. In real life, I really do not think that a couple like R/M would last. S/A would have more of a chance, but this is T.V., so of course R/M are going to do the whole on-and-off-again dance.

And even though I'm not an S/A fan, I agree that they weren't really given a chance, but I have thought that from the beginning, before they got together. The thing with S/A is, they didn't give us much of a chance to like them. In "The Debut" and "The Heights" I saw way more telling than showing. It was like they told us "Anna and Seth have a lot in common, they'd be perfect for each other" instead of showing us actual moments and chemistry. Maybe if they had done that, and (no offense) if in my own opinion, they had more chemistry, I would've liked them. I can relate more to their relationship than S/S, but S/S keeps me entertained AND makes my favourite characters happy. If S/A could blow their scenes out of the water with chemistry, I would like them. I know we didn't see much of S/A, but still, we didn't see that much of Summer at first either but with what Summer was given, Rachel just blew those scenes out of the water. She really did it, and people loved it and now look at Summer's scenes. They're everywhere, she's a part of the cast. With those few S/A scenes, it never seems to me like Adam nor Samaire is really improvising or taking it to the next level. It's like they're just reading the script and that's it. I think if S/A had done that, something more might've happened.

They didn't need to try that hard to show how much in common S/A really had though, or that it was getting boring for Seth.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Soft Dive of Oblivion:
<STRONG>Well, does Summer look a little bit mixed to anyone else? Like Filipino? Not trying to sound rude or discriminatory or what-not, just curious...</STRONG>
MEEP! I told my Flip friend she looked like Rachel - she doesn't believe me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

*searches frantically for Rezie*

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited X-6_494 ]
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Soft Dive of Oblivion:
<STRONG>Well, does Summer look a little bit mixed to anyone else? Like Filipino? Not trying to sound rude or discriminatory or what-not, just curious...</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Aw, I really dont see it.. but I think it would be cool if she was written that way.. it could make for interesting storylines.. i.e. her family, background, etc.

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited *reza* ]
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by X-6_494:
<STRONG>

MEEP! I told my Flip friend she looked like Rachel - she doesn't believe me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

*searches frantically for Rezie*

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited X-6_494 ]</STRONG>
Shaddup! Shaddup! Shaddup! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *reza*:
<STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Aw, I really dont see it..</STRONG>
Pfffft, stubborn. But I luffs you anyway.

I wish she were written that way. ITA, more storylines, and she would be less of a stereotype.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>Did it bother anyone else that the other two students in detention with Ryan were both minorities?</STRONG>
Yeah, that was kind of bad, considering they hardly show minorities to begin with on the show.
Does anyone know if the OC is mostly an all white community in real life?

Quote:
Originally posted by xKatx:
<STRONG>meshuggener007: Yup, it's Milo, you're not seeing things! The av is made up of screencaps from a car commercial that Milo did last year... I think it was volkswagon, but I could be wrong. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Very nice! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was for Chrysler's new PT Cruiser.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

From Newport census

85% White
4.5% Hispanic
4.4% Asian
0.5% Black
Old 01-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, I guess it is an accurate portrayal. Thanks for the count. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Kelly_mvpics ]