Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey _kwyjibo_!

Thanks for the welcome. This episode is the first complete episode I have seen. I'm glad someone agrees w/ me about Mischa. Marissa as a character bothers me, and that is ok b/c I think the writers intend for the viewers to be annoyed w/ her actions. But, there is so much more potential for this character. Her scenes with Ben lack the emotion that they should have, and I think Ben is a decent actor so I'm gonna have to blame Mischa for that.

Overall, I liked the episode. I feel bad for Anna, she can do better than Seth (not that I hate Seth). I hope Seth and Summer will be a promising couple. Oliver is like the Drew Valentine of The O.C. and I'm loving all this turmoil. Hope the next episode is good.

[ 01-22-2004: Message edited meshuggener007 ]
Old 01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by meshuggener007:
<STRONG>I wouldn't really consider myself a fan of the show, but I can recognize good acting when I see it. That being said.... Mischa Barton is one step ahead of the Olsen twins, and that is not a compliment. I think Marissa could be such an interesting character if the person who played her wasn't a robot. Maybe the writers will consider recasting Marissa? wishful thinking...</STRONG>
I totally agree! Recast! Recast! She's horrible. The Olsen twins are Oscar material compared to her. Finally other people are beginning to notice how bad she is, I thought I was the only one! And I think because of how bad she is, it's turned a lot of people off from the R/M romance (me included, although I really tried to give it a chance). I want to see him with someone else, someone healthy, someone who doesn't stab him in the back, etc. Either that, or a different actress as Marissa.
storygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

After a few so-so episodes,this was the first one that I think really got back to the good of The O.C.The last like two episodes just didn't seem like the O.C. I know and love.I have to say I really did like this episode.So..here are my comments:

Seth/Anna stuff - I'm not a big S/A fan myself and though I know that they went over the top a bit with the 'we're alike' thing,I thought it was funny.It was comedy so it's ok to go over the top.I loved when Seth asked Ryan is Anna was the female Seth and then got all weirded out thinking about him really dating himself!

Danny/Seth stuff - I thought it was a hilarious storyline! Danny was so not funny,but it was great seeing Seth get all jealous.I loved the scene between Seth and Sandy.Snady was the only other person who thought Danny wasn't funny! I also loved the part where Sandy came in and introduced himself and Danny mde a joke about him being dirty and it was all awkward! I thought the S/S scene at the end was sweet.

Ryan/Marissa/Oliver - Ok..i know Oliver is a bit annoying and totally evil,but I love that he creates a ton of drama in The O.C.! Ryan got insanely jealous and everything just went from bad to worse for him! Liked the Ryan punching Olvier though.Ryan hasnt' been in a fight in awhile.

Jimmy/Seth storyline - I love their friendship! And I think it's great that they're buying the Lighthouse.I just love those two so much!

Kirsten/Julie storyline - Was just alright...poor Kirsten has to work with Julie. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
DreamOn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Marissa - You suck. And you're dumb. Did I mention that you suck? Yes? Okay. Thanks, that's all.

Ryan - She dumped him! Now he's home free! Yessssss! Marissa is not worth all this trouble he's getting in for her. And there's no way they're not going to expel him after a)breaking into the school's files and b)beating up Oliver. Poor guy.

Oliver - Ewwwwwwwwww. So freaky. Although I wouldn't be complaining if he just like, kidnapped Marissa and whisked her away to his home in Tahiti and we never heard from either of them again.

Seth - He was annoying with Ryan. I hate how in order to create "drama" writers always have all but one character not realize what's going on, and think that the wrong person is crazy, and yadda yadda yadda. All Seth had to do was listen, but he wouldn't give Ryan the chance to talk.

Anna - Bwah! Pittsburgh, here we come! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Summer - Aw. I loved that locker scene. So sweet. Even though I'm getting sick of Seth.

Sandy/Jimmy - I think the restaurant thing is pretty cool. I'm interested in seeing how that'll turn out.

Julie - She annoys me, although not as much as her daughter.

Danny - I found him amusing. Not because he was funny, but because he was so ridiculous.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode.
Danny/SethI thought it was funny how everyone thought Danny was funny when he REALLY wasn't. It was great. And then when Summer said she was going to the bathroom and he goes "Don't fall in" (or something like that) and everyone starts cracking up... THAT WAS SO FUNNY. Not his joke, but that everyone was laughing at it. It made no sense!! Why would she fall in? Am I crazy.
Needless to say, I was with Seth the entire episode and I'm glad Sandy was too.

Oliver: okay, and I still love Oliver. I love that he's psycho and manipulative and INTERESTING.

Ryan: I've loved him since day one. He's too awesome for the OC.
What was with no one giving Ryan a chance to explain himself?!?! I think his suspicions were valid but no one would let him talk! It annoyed me so much.
And can we talk about when he punched Oliver? Am i the only one who did NOT see that coming at alll? wow.

and random randomness: I've never known of a school that lets their students in after it's closed, at night, to get a book...
le le low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by meshuggener007:
<STRONG>hey _kwyjibo_!

Thanks for the welcome. This episode is the first complete episode I have seen. I'm glad someone agrees w/ me about Mischa. Marissa as a character bothers me, and that is ok b/c I think the writers intend for the viewers to be annoyed w/ her actions. But, there is so much more potential for this character. Her scenes with Ben lack the emotion that they should have, and I think Ben is a decent actor so I'm gonna have to blame Mischa for that.

Overall, I liked the episode. I feel bad for Anna, she can do better than Seth (not that I hate Seth). I hope Seth and Summer will be a promising couple. Oliver is like the Drew Valentine of The O.C. and I'm loving all this turmoil. Hope the next episode is good.

</STRONG>
You're welcome [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] but I do think you should maybe start from the beginning and catch up because you're really missing out. There are episodes that have been more lacking than others, but overall I have to say I've enjoyed every episode, and some of the best or "classic episodes" have been the first 7. Also, it's a way to kill time till the new episode [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] God 3 weeks is too damn long!

I remember thinking why the hell did they cast Mischa Barton as this main girl, it was one of the reasons I DIDNT want to see this show, but she doesn't really bug me all that much now. I just think Marissa could have been a better character had they casted someone else. The acting is just not up to par as say the rest of the cast.

I'm loving this Oliver angst though, this 'break up' thing should be good, at least for awhile. It'll give Marissa time to APPRECIATE Ryan instead of spending all her time with some loon. Glad this is all coming to a conclusion though, the previews actually looked interesting in regards to the *EVER BORING* R/M/O situation..

I'm super stoked for Seth & Summer! I've been waiting for this since episode 6! Damn. I am curious as to how Seth/Anna break up, obviously the Truth title is Seth and Summer and their true feelings for eachother, I don't think Seth will cheat on Anna though, that would be pretty shady if he did. Also the titles are pretty much always double meaning so finally The Truth about Oliver is revealed...I can't wait for that storyline to just be done with. Ryan deserves so much better than marissa.

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
_kwyjibo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked Danny! It was funny how everyone was cracking up over his jokes. I liked when he said "Why you all pu in my koolaid not even knowin the flavor" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I mean his jokes were all that funny, but the way that he told them and the way that everyone cracked up was funny to me.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
crazy4TheCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>

Summer - I'm sorry, but could Rachel Bilson act anymore perfectly? The locker scene was amazing, and as much as I love Adam Brody, I think it was Rachel and the subtlety of her expressions and acting that made that scene blow out of the water. For such a short and simple scene, it was wonderful, very well done. The look of longing from both was just... perfect.
</STRONG>
Rachel was absolutely amazing... I felt for her.

I hate it when Summer's sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

This is just a discussion response to the thing about s/a ending too quickly, and him becoming bored too fast when last week he had fun.

First of all- let's flashback to "The Perfect Couple". Anna leans into kiss Seth, Seth backs away. Then, in "The Homecoming" he's kissing her on his bed. Same thing. I think the s/a thing was taken too fast in the first place, which is the reason why it didn't last very long.

"Wisely
and slow; they stumble that run fast" - Romeo and Juliet. That's the way I take it.

And people do get bored really fast. Also in a week, if that is even the length of the time during the o.c. episode intervals (because we don't know really) is plenty of time for someone to get bored, especially if they did all the things that Seth said they did already.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:

Summer - I'm sorry, but could Rachel Bilson act anymore perfectly? The locker scene was amazing, and as much as I love Adam Brody, I think it was Rachel and the subtlety of her expressions and acting that made that scene blow out of the water. For such a short and simple scene, it was wonderful, very well done. The look of longing from both was just... perfect.
wow! i couldent agree with you more. that was my favorite part of the whole episode. i really felt for her there. its like, she didnt plan on falling in love with seth, but now that she is, she cant have him, and shes just stuck that way. forced to watch seth and anna together, that must really suck for her.
also i hate oliver so much!!!
that stupid smug look he had at the end of the episode? i was just yelling at ryan saying "punch his lights out! punch his lights out!" over and over again. i was so glad ryan creamed him. but now im a little worried for ryan. i hope he dosent get expelled.
and for the previews of next week, i hope to god that marissa gets shot! i know thats a horrible thing to say, but nobody deserves to get shot more than her! she is so stupid and blind to actually believe a word that comes out of olivers mouth. i hope she gets shot, and then begs ryan to take her back. and if i was ryan, i would make her suffer and be like, well you dont trust me, so i dont know if we can be together. stupid marissa! she's so stupid!
last thing promise! oh my god three weeks? thats crazy! thats too long! how am i going to survive? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
sorry for the long rant [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Sara_ventimiglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Chris, don't be too sure of that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Even though I'm S/S, I really felt bad for Anna. Everything below, totally my opinion, blah blah disclaimer don't get offended. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay this is going off on a little tangent here but there are the kinds of people who like the "spark" in a relationship and then there are the people that could stay at home and play Jenga on a Friday night. I think Seth used to be one of those comfortable people but when Ryan came to Newport, Seth had all this excitement in his life...there was no way he could go back to his old, comfortable life. He had excitement with Summer, she just gave him the small doses of attention he needed to tease him and lure him in. He also had the drama with Summer/Anna, again...attention on him. Seth is now an attention whore. That's why he was offended when Ryan spent all his time with Marissa. And I think he was looking for that when he got with Anna. Anna was solely there for him...she was the one who showed up at his place on New Year's...she had spent very little alone time with other characters, no distractions. Seth revelled in that attention...but without the excitement, it'll drive him nuts.

Seth's been a jerk for a few weeks. Not just to Anna, but to Summer and to Ryan.

And a big fat WORD to whoever called Seth the O.C.'s "Joey Potter" in last week's thread.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oliver- Ok, he's a sick freak, but you know what? At least he adds something to the thinned-out, dull, and not compelling relationship that is Ryan and Marissa. He makes me actually pay attention to this portion of the show, and find it semi-interesting. Good job, Oliver, good job.

Seth- Could I love him any more? I loved the Danny/Seth rivalry. Telling him to go "bigger" was perfect. I loved the references to Leno being "big" like Danny, and Jon Stewart being more Seth's style.

Summer- I love her more and more each episode. The scene at the end at the lockers was completely adorable. Rachel did such a good job. I just love S&S.

Anna- She was just there. I still like her, poor dear, but the demise of S&A was pretty damned FORCED if you ask me. Not like I'm complaining. I'm S&S all the way.

Ryan&Marissa- I can actually tolerate Ryan. He's a really good person that cares for his completely 1 dimensional girlfriend. Poor sap, he could do a helluva lot better. Marissa is just indescribably oblivious. She is completely painful to watch, I can't stand it.

Sandy- Weeee I love him. "He makes Ryan look funny" "He makes Marissa look funny!" Heh I thought it was so cool they picked up on how dull R&M are.
Mitt Mitt St Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Addicted Fan

I still love Oliver. He's so damn dark, but bright.

Oh geez, Marissa just runs over them boys to go all crazy. Poor, Ryan. It's ol good. At least you got the Great Gatsby,Luke, on your side.

I personally think the writer screwed over Seth & Anna. I ain't even a fan of them, but I mean, who does that? Well, they probably showed it in like that theory when a couple begins to dress alike, it's a symbol of their relationship falling.

I'm probably the only one who thought that Seth was just wrong to tell Danny to go big. Yeah, maybe Danny wasn't the best, in his imo, but I personally thought he should've allowed Summer to decide that. Summer was fine before Seth said anything. I mean, he got Anna, at least give Summer a chance to be with someone while he was at it.

I'm sorry, but to those who said Summer totally just stumped on S/A, at least Summer didn't break them up.
Elusive One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
New Fan

ahh! another AMAZING episode of the o.c!! first of all, i HATE oliver with a passion, i was honestly like flipping out at the tv last night lol. As much as I love Ryan, he was annoying last night. He could have handled the situation SO much better. At the end, when Seth was talking to Summer, i was seriously CRYING! they are SO cute when they are together. I'm so happy that he is gettign rid of Anna! Seth and Summer together are going to be SO funny! all in all, this show just keeps getting better and better as the weeks go by, but i have NO idea what im going to do for 3 weeks without it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I was screaming for Ryan to deck Oliver. It was so good when he did. Marissa needs to see what's going on, and get back to Ryan. And Summer and Seth need to get over themselves, and get togeteher!
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread