Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>Summer - I'm sorry, but could Rachel Bilson act anymore perfectly? The locker scene was amazing, and as much as I love Adam Brody, I think it was Rachel and the subtlety of her expressions and acting that made that scene blow out of the water. For such a short and simple scene, it was wonderful, very well done. The look of longing from both was just... perfect. </STRONG>
Dude. WORD to the billionth power.

Rach was just absolutely amazing in the last scene. How she kinda looked off into the side while S/A were making mushy eyes at each other, that trailing look when Seth was walking away.. just broke me.

Not to mention they had Damien Rice in the background. *explodes into a million pieces*

I did feel bad for Anna, slightly. Just because she deserves better, I guess.. Seth seems like he's just stringing her along.

Marissa? For all I care, she can end up with Oliver.. because the two of them? Dysfunctional. Ryan could do MUCH better.

But Ryan, honey.. since when did you become stupid over a girl. Marissa, nonetheless! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Boring.

Pretty much all I have to say. The best part was Ryan punching out Oliver because it was about time, and Luke's brief appearence where he offered to do it for Ryan [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. So funny.

But yeah, other than that? Boring. All the ep really did was pretty much was succeed in making me dislike most of the characters. Even the adults failed to entertain me this week. But I guess every episode can't be great, and have to serve to further plots. I guess that's what this ep was.

I guess Marissa really is that dumb. Damn. I didn't think it was possible, and I kept asking my roomie what he would do if his girlfriend kept talking about some kind-of crazy guy she just met? First of all, he said no one that's stupid, which I believe, cause Marissa is up there, and secondly, he pretty much said he'd do everything Ryan did. Except that he'd b!tch-slap some sense into this girl. C'mon, Marissa. Geez.

Seth is starting to suck. Dude, he and Ryan are suppose to be like brothers, and he can't stop talking about himself five seconds to be there for him and listen. I thought they were suppose to be a lot closer than that. Right now, Seth's being a very poor friend. Be there for Ryan, damn. Secondly, treating Anna semi-badly? She doesn't deserve that, whether I'm bias or not. If you like her, you like her. If you don't, quit playing her. Also? That came out of nowhere. One week you're fine and cuddly with Anna and the next you're looking bored? I have no problem if that's the eventual story they're going to tell, but with no set-up whatsoever and kinda just forcing it out there is pretty stupid. Poor Anna, that's my girl. And right now, she almost deserves better than Seth. I just wanna give a shout-out to my roommate right here because he noted that there's no way S/A could be boring and most people would kill for a relationship that comfortable, and that S/A rule. Go, my roomie. I don't know why I'm bothering considering what the promos showed, but, right now Seth sucks. I guess that means Anna is available for me.

Danny = go away forever.

Ryan = Stay as far away from Marissa as possible. Good lord.

Damien Rice rules. Anyone know the name of the song played as Ryan broke into the school to read the file?

3 weeks? That sucks.
T O B Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I still like Oliver. I'll be sad to see him leave.
I like Olive too and I wish he would stay on the show a little longer. I think he's funny. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I understand that Ryan was made and all but I think he went a little too far when he hit Oliver. Ryan just kept hitting Oliver like he was some kind of lunatic.I think Ryan needs some anger management classes. No disrespcet to the Ben fans put I think he's a terrible actor and this episode really made that clear to me.

I thought Seth was a jerk to Ryan in this episode. He was too worried about his own petty problems to listen to Ryan. Seth needs to get over himself. He was nobody until Ryan came to town.

It's looks like Seth and Anna are about to go their seperate ways and I'm ok with that. They are so much alike that it's sickening. Seth pat Anna on the head. What is she a puppy? That was weird.

I'm sorry but I didn't think Danny was funny at all. I thought he was an idiot. I don't understand why Summer hooked up with him. She can do much better.

Three weeks and counting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought this episode was awesome, especially compared to last week's

R/M/O: Finally Ryan kicked Oliver's ass. I don't think I could hate Oliver anymore than I already do. Everything about him is just awful and annoying. I love love love loved Ryan, he deserves way better even though I actually found it sweet how much he was willing to do for Marissa. Too bad she's too busy hanging all over Oliver to do anything for him.

Seth/Summer: They were just too cute. You could totally see how much they wanted to be together. Danny telling Seth that Summer thought he was the funniest guy she'd ever met was adorable and so sweet. They have awesome chemistry.

Seth/Anna: The whole dressing alike thing was just way too creepy, it's obvious Seth doesnt wanna be with her, and in my opinion, they have 0 chemistry.

The adults storylines werent that great but they've been the best part of the episodes the past couple of weeks so it was nice for the teenagers to actually have good stroylines. I really liked how Kirsten and Sandy were mad at Ryan, just
b/c I think its really cool how they're actually parenting him, not babying him. I didnt like how Seth wasnt backing Ryan, thought that was out of character and made me dislike Seth a little bit. I'm loving Luke more and more each episode, give him more to do!! He only said like one line!!

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Total Fan

Three words: What The H*LL?

Marissa - man, I used to like her. I'm sorry to say that's no longer true after tonight's episode. I was just kind of sitting on the fence for a while, but tonight sort of clinched it for me. In fact, I think I disliked most of everyone on the cast tonight, with the exception of:

Ryan
Sandy
Kirsten
Summer
Luke
and Jimmy.

Everyone else was fustratingly blind or annoying. I mean, I don't think I'd be so easily seduced by Oliver.

I really have got to say, though, Taylor H. is doing a fantastic job at being a complete weasel as Oliver. LOL.

Bright spot. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Misako
Shimmer
RBD
Weathernite
OWL
Legolas' Arrow #15
Orli and Ewan's Style-Ologist
#2 of Orli's Harem
Literati
Misako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Warning: massive Seth defense ahead! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

First of all, it's a tried and true storytelling device: someone's with one person and slowly realizing that they "belong" with another. I don't think Seth's conpletely conscious that he's in love with Summer. If you'd asked him in this episode he'd say that he's happy with Anna, he just doesn't want people to think they're boring. And that he screwed over Danny because he's Summer's "friend" and Danny was a lame jerk.
He wouldn't be thinking, "I'm in love with Summer so I'm going to sabotage her relationship but not choose her." He's not quite there yet. I think he's almost there, at the end of the episode. And from the previews it looks like he's about to figure it out.

Is he being immature and annoyingly un-self-aware? Yeah. But he's not doing it on purpose, and therefore I think calling him a jerk is misplaced. He's not being malicious.

As for the stuff with Ryan: at the beginning, both guys were absorbed in their own problems without realizing the "gravity" of the other's. Certainly, Ryan's we know is more pressing, but as far as Seth knew, Ryan was just jealous. Both we're discussing girlfriend issues and not listening to the other. (Similarly, one could say that if Ryan had just given Seth an iota of his time, Seth might have already realized that he's with the wrong girl. Does Ryan honestly spend 24/7 thinking about Oliver? At least Seth started listening.)

Once Ryan *****ed up, Seth layed a big-brother!smackdown on Ryan. He was using what he knew, what Ryan knew, (not what we know) to try and keep Ryan from further screwing up. His point was not that Oliver wasn't crazy, but that Ryan was making a bad case for his own sanity.

Also, one week people complained that Seth was too glib, too joke-y without substance. This week we saw him depressed, worried, uncomfortable, longing, angry, etc. That's depth, and good character development/dimension. And yet people found him un-funny and annoying. I don't get it.
emrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Extreme Fan

good epi overall, but oliver is really starting to pis* me off! ahh, marissa, wake up!

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
rOsWeLlBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Addicted Fan

First of all, it seems that Oliver paid someone off at the school. He miraculously got into the school and managed to get a schedule the same as Marissa's. Ryan is right that hardly anyone transfers in the middle of the senior year.

You got to give the actor his due. His demonic eyes are perfect. His speech was excellent and convincing.

Ryan should take the advice. He shouldn't let Marissa screw up his life. You have to wonder why anyone would be obsessed over someone this stupid.

We'll meet Natalie when Jimmy Cooper pays that $100,000 back to Kirsten. That is--never.

Chris
algernonsidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Hmmm

Seth/Anna- It kind of annoys me how they are making them seem that they are exatcly the same. Because before they were dating they weren't like that. But of course we all know that she is just there until Seth realizes that he made a mistake and will be with Summer

Ryan/Marissa/Oliver-Whew Oliver is just creepy. Don't blame Ryan for being worried. Marissa is being annoying. Its kind of hard not to realize that Oliver is just trying to mess everything up.

Jimmy/Sandy-I think its nice that they are going into business together

I loved that convo with Summer and Seth. It was so sweet

I was a little confused with the preview. Do we have a new one next week or is it in three weeks?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Total Fan

Can someone please tell me what happened on last night's episode? My vcr didn't record! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

My brief viewpoint of the eppie:

Seth/Anna/Danny/Summer ~ So I didn't think Danny was funny either, does this mean that I'm jealous too? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The Seth/Anna thing was just highly annoying. Okay we get it. Seth & Anna are a lot alike. The writers really should look up the word subtlety in the dictionary. The dressing alike & eating the same things? I wasn't amused.

Oliver/Ryan/Marisa ~ How much does Marisa annoy me? Let me count the ways. When I saw her being held at gunpoint in the previews I couldn't even pretend to care. & oh my poor sweet Ryan. Why didn't you just like gift wrap Marisa & give her to Oliver? He played right into Oliver's hands *tisk* Oliver is just a wack job.

On an amusing note: Sandy = Best. T.V. Dad. Ever!
Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I just wanted to pop in and say to emrie - I got your back, sista. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I agree with you 100%. Just because you're annoyed with Seth for not wanting to be with Anna does not make him a jerk. He was trying to help Ryan stay out of trouble. Everyone wants all these characters to be perfect fit their mold all the time but in real life people do act annoying, do act petty and jealous and do have girlfriends they don't want to be with - that's not to say the character has gone downhill, that just shows that things are progressing realistically. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed most of the episode. I caught about the last 15 minutes. But from what I did see I severely wanted to strangle Oliver!!
The guy is so annoying. But so is Marissa for choosing Oliver over Ryan. Thats ridiculous to me because Ryan has been there for her through so much stuff and if she took the time to examine the situation she'd realize Ryan wouldn't go so far for nothing. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Bandbabe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel
Bandbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wouldn't really consider myself a fan of the show, but I can recognize good acting when I see it. That being said.... Mischa Barton is one step ahead of the Olsen twins, and that is not a compliment. I think Marissa could be such an interesting character if the person who played her wasn't a robot. I wasn't expecting to be interested in this show, but it really does have some good writing. All of the other actors are good. The episode was pretty interesting... I was hooked. Maybe the writers will consider recasting Marissa? wishful thinking...
Old 01-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Extreme Fan

glad you finally joined us in the whole o.c. phenomenon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i agree with everything you just said. i mean i saw the first few eps just to see what the fuss was about and liked it, but didnt continue to watch until a bit later, and now i'm hooked. i didn't expect the show to be as good as it has turned out to be.

and i haven't liked mischa barton since that dolphin movie. her voice annoys me to no end....except for some reason i can stand her in the o.c...

i'm guessing this is the first episode you've seen?

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
_kwyjibo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread