Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

I just finished the episode. Now I'm all teary eyed.

I think it was a great ending and I liked that they showed scenes from the pilot episode to show how much Ryan's life had changed. And I really liked that they showed scenes from upcoming years. The only thing is that it just seemed wierd ending without Marissa, although they tried to incorperate her into the episode.
Jenna16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
New Fan

I am so sad that this show is over. I was bawling my eyes at every Seth and Summer scene. They were my prime reason for watching the show. I love them so much. I'm really glad to see that they get married in the end. Quick question, when Summer is walking down the aisle, does anyone know what that tongue thingy was all about? it seemed Seth got it but I didn't. Was it like a inside joke or something? It was really cute though.
I loved the ending.......damn it......I hate FOX for cancelling it!
MariePeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I just finished it and I am about to cry, because the show i used to love so much ended and I have not liked season 4, I went into this episode w/ an open mind thinking maybe they'd do a decent job it didn't live up to what i thought it would be at all. The first half was mind numbingly as cheesy as the rest of s4 episodes. The last 10 minutes montage/memories were cool/okay, but could have been better. I wish they had put marissa in more, please!! why didn't they have Ryan mention her or something!!! I'm getting teary as i write this, ahhh... why did they butcher it??? However, I did like the "need some help" scene at the very end. That was something I can actually believe they had planned for the finale from the beginning.
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
LooBitteTundiLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Addicted Fan

thank you fox for cancelling it? I don't think I could take another minute of it!
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
LooBitteTundiLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As a fan of this show from before day one, just had to post what a great finale I thought it was. From the moment Summer left on the bus, until the very end with Ryan and the young boy, I could not stop crying. As a huge Marissa and Marissa/Ryan fan, i'm so glad that she was mentioned, by Summer of course and then with the montage at the end. I think I was happy because I was expecting more of a recap of the past years and instead we got a future and that was awesome.

Dom: I loved what you posted about Ryan leaving Marissa and his feelings for her in Newport. That just totally brought more tears to my eyes because it makes perfect sense. He will never forget her, she will always be a part of his life, but in a way, he can move on and have a bright future.

I will so miss this show, but like Adam said, "“Thanks for watching. I hope you enjoyed it. If you are upset, don’t worry, there are DVDs.”!!"

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Loyal Fan

It was not the finale I expected. It was LOVELY, but different. I expected a slow build to the final moments, but it all kind of came at once.

K/S - lovely ending, cute kid. Oh, and Sandy being a teacher....LOVED IT. So cute.

R/T - initially very pissed that they broke off, felt a bit contrived but I guess believable. In the end, I can't see them showing Ryan as really in a happy relationship - married like Seth. I did however like the subtleness of the glance at the wedding and the parallel between Ryan and Sandy (Ryan becomes Sandy) and thus Ryan needs a Kirsten - why not Taylor? So, oddly I'm good with that. The ending with Ryan....<3. Perfection.

S/S - SO SWEET. Perfect. Seriously, you really have no idea.

Julie - I was sure she was gonna pick Frank, because she's "done" guys like Bullit before. But, then she picked nobody. Though at the end it looks to me, like she chose Frank as their son was sitting with him not Bullit. At the very least, she's kept them all close together.

Kaitlin - Not that I really care at all about her storyline, but it was cute to see her advance through college. At her mom's graduation she looked so much more mature and lovely.

I love how tongue and cheek a lot of this was. It was great for the finale. "This is random, but I'm a midwife!" <---how clearly is this just a plot device. But it's not taken seriously, so it's awesome. I totally called the flashbacks, but they were very effective and heartwarming. It wasn't the spectacular event that I had made it out to be, but it certainly was good.

Amy/Ben - Ryan/Taylor - Rory/Jess - Peter/Claire - Betty/Henry
GodsGirl4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Oh, sounds like it was a great finale!

They're still one season behind here, so I'm gonna have to wait a while to see this.
madelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Omg. So it was a happy ending for all? Please tell me S&S are ok?

I was so nervous coming on here!!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think is was great. As good as can be expected. Josh put in his usual kind of ironic jokes, Sophie Cohen is so cute, like a mini Kirsten, SS MARRIED! How great was that. Sandy teaching. Julie lost Marissa, but was blessed with another child, and now has a strong relationship with both her kids, and she went to college instead of getting a rich husband. The gay couple who owned the Berkeley house thinking Ryan and Seth were a gay couple was so a joke on Josh's part, which was great. The Cohen's back in Berkeley. Seth being mature for once and letting Summer go, and it ended up working out well for him, because they both got to realize they wanted to be together instead of being together just because they're afriad not to be. Ryan being successful, and his line to that kid made the show come full circle.
Well...the sad part is...you kind of are.
Icon: MagnesiumRibbon3

Last edited by ocfan1021nj; 02-23-2007 at 04:08 AM
ocfan1021nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I am surprise that people think Ryan did not end up with Taylor in the end? Maybe it is the R/T fan in me but it was clear to me that they stayed together after getting back together and when Ryan looked at Taylor at the wedding, I thought it was his way to say that one day it will be them. Just my interpretation... I was never a big Marissa fan but I think it was important for Josh to mention her in the finale and he did in a great way. I love the necklace scene!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Did Summers dad not walk her down the aisle?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nope, she walked down the aisle alone

I loved everything about the episode. I also think TR got together. I mean, it was pretty obvious by the way they were looking at eachother at the wedding. I am so glad that Julie didnt end up with Bullit. He probably would have named her son after another Texas state

I loved that SS finally got married. It was the perfect end to their relationship. Sophie Cohen=adorable.

They ended it on a perfect note too. Ryan asking the kid if he needed help. GREAT!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So...I loved it. I started crying when Summer gave Julie that locket with Marissa's photo and basically didn't stop. When Seth and Summer were saying goodbye...oh my god, they did that so well. And they got married. Yay. I'm am so happy about that.

I squeed when I saw Julie was pregnant..Melinda looked so cute. Also I loved how she didn't marry either and went back to school. The Julie/Kaitlin scenes were really great.

The Cohens got their house back! And how cute was Sophie? Aww.

I really enjoyed the TR stuff...that scene before the wedding was so hot and I loved the kisses on the train. I love how he said she saved him.

I love the flashbacks, and I wasn't totally sold on the ending but I love how it showed just how far Ryan has come.

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

I've never posted on here before, but I had to after that ep. It finished about an hour ago down here in Oz and never thought I'd say it but I cried. Wow. What an amazing ending. Aside from getting to see how everything turned out for everyone, one little thing I still can't get over is Summer saying that 'Real life April and Real Life Jake broke up!' That killed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetalkgirl (View Post)
OK, this is driving me crazy. Does anyone know who played the dark-haired gay guy? He looks so familiar it's driving me crazy.

Thanks!
Jim Pirri. He's been all over the place but I mostly remember him playing Phoebe's non-English speaking diplomat on Friends

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually really liked the finale, it coming full circle and all.

The Ryan flashbacks were awesome. And I'm glad they didn't forget about Marissa.
Less Than Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread