Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 07:27 PM
New Fan

I thought this year's finale actually sucked more.
They seriously ruined most of the good scenes by sticking it all on the trailers. That sucks! I was disappointed that I totally knew what was going to happen throughout the entire episode.
The only thing I didn't know was the last 15mins of it.

That was a really good intervention for Kirsten, although still predictable on what will happen. Kelly did a really good job of denial....and I'm glad that Ryan got to voice his opinion!
It was a sad scene watching Kirsten cry as she accepts the fact that she does have an addiction. It was also heartbreaking as she hugged her boys goodbye and when she & Sandy were saying their farewells at the rehab.
It was so sweet of Sandy to kiss her (although a MORE passionate kiss would have been better!!!) and it was touching to see Kirsten blow a kiss to Sandy.

For the whole Ryan-Trey showdown.... that was pretty unexpected to see Ryan being "almost" choked to death. WOW!
But I figured that Trey was going to die.... so no surprise there.
Except that I cannot believe it was Marissa who shot him.

This cliffhanger is actually not THAT huge..... so yup.
-------------------

I'm happy that FOX is replaying the entire Season 2 for the entire summer!!!!
This is definitely going to be one easy OC break
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 PM
New Fan

What is VM???
Old 05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's Veronica Mars. Bleh.

And another reason I believe Trey won't be returning is that during the previews for the finale, it specifically said that one OC'er would not be returning. Obviously, it's not Caleb since his death was in the previous episode and I highly doubt they were referring to Jess. It has to be Trey. He won't be returning, therefore he did not survive. He was not hit in the shoulder. He may have been near the shoulder, but it went in his back and through the chest. It's simple. He's dead. I have faith that Josh would not bring him back after all that emotional turmoil. If so, he's an idiot.
"The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that is has come to be disbelieved in. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only...Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark."

-Cameron
MadameBovary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameBovary
It's Veronica Mars. Bleh.

And another reason I believe Trey won't be returning is that during the previews for the finale, it specifically said that one OC'er would not be returning. Obviously, it's not Caleb since his death was in the previous episode and I highly doubt they were referring to Jess. It has to be Trey. He won't be returning, therefore he did not survive. He was not hit in the shoulder. He may have been near the shoulder, but it went in his back and through the chest. It's simple. He's dead. I have faith that Josh would not bring him back after all that emotional turmoil. If so, he's an idiot.
about Josh being an idiot. I agree, though. I don't think Trey is coming back. There's no use for him anymore. How the hell could he ever get on anyone's good side. I mean, Ryan may have hit Trey, but I doubt he would ever KILL him. Trey was thisclose to killing Ryan. He had the intention of bashing his head with that phone...therefore killing him. How could Ryan ever forgive Trey? Who would Trey be friends with/have scenes with. IMO, he's gone.

On another note, does anyone think Seth shouldn't have told Ryan about Trey? That they should have called the police? Yeah, I know it's a TV show, but if they knew Ryan would go all "hero" and attack Trey, they should have thought of something else to do.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak
On another note, does anyone think Seth shouldn't have told Ryan about Trey? That they should have called the police? Yeah, I know it's a TV show, but if they knew Ryan would go all "hero" and attack Trey, they should have thought of something else to do.
Maybe they should have told Sandy. He's always like "If you have a problem, come to me". They should really start taking his advice. This probably wouldn't have happened. BuT, I'm just glad I got to see Ryan kick Trey's butt, Chino style.
septemberose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the shoutout to Legends of the Fall, quite possibly one of the best movies ever. Yeah, I was stoked to hear it mentioned. God, I love this show. Summer has returned to my good side. Thank goodness I will not have to make a venture over to the Summer Unappreciation Thread.
"The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that is has come to be disbelieved in. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only...Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark."

-Cameron
MadameBovary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

I absolutely adored the VM finale, and it was only the second episode I had seen. LOL. And the first half of the Lost one was pretty damn impressive as well. I can't wait to see this one, to see how they all match up.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Just a terrific season finale. The end scene wow talk about drama. Glad Jimmy is sticking around the O.C to be with Julie. The intervention scene was powerful it s brought me back to Scott Wolfs on Party Of Five(Very powerful as well).

OK I know some people do not like her but I hope sexy Jess is back next season.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200
OK I know some people do not like her but I hope sexy Jess is back next season.
Hell yeah ...

Loved the finale ... it was perfection.

I had a feeling there would be a cliffhanger. And I liked the theme of ... the Cohen's having problems, and the Cooper's coming back to a good place ... a nice little twist.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

WOW! Fantastic episode! Very intense! Looks like Marissa and Ryan are going to have matching orange jump suits now! I can't believe that!

Quote:
I felt more could have been done with Kirsten's intervention, but it was good. I loved Ryan telling her he loved her and Seth being in the doorway when she turned around.
Yeah I agree! I felt the intervention was rushed. I wish it was more emotional, but I loved when Kirsten turned around and Seth being there! I was like awww yeah And I thought the Sandy/Seth moment were also very realistic portrayals of a father/son relationship going through this situation.

Quote:
I loved the shoutout to Legends of the Fall, quite possibly one of the best movies ever.
Oh I knowwww! Legends of the Fall is the BEST!

Quote:
Hell yeah ...
Oh hell no! Skanktastic is the worst! She looked like the biggest idiot trying to "make a deal"!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow I think this was the best episode of the season (as a whole).

I could totally feel what Marissa was feeling when Trey was choking Ryan. I think anyone who has ever seen someone get the **** beat out of them can relate. It's a really helpless feeling. So I think that scene played out realistically.

I think the strongest part of the episode was the Seth/Sandy talks. I guess I forgot that Seth and Ryan weren't seeing what we were seeing so this did have to come as a shock to them. Especially in Seth's case.

I loved the Julie/Jimmy scenes! Does this mean Tate will be back as a regular next season? Here's Hoping. I'm also glad that Marissa and Julie sort of made up. It was getting kind of tire some Marissa always being mad at her.

Summer was sort of in the back ground but she's a kick ass best friend and a great girlfriend!

Also I'm glad it was Marissa who shot Trey because if it had been Ryan he would of had all of this guilt next season. So yeah I'm glad about that.
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Well she was still a nice looking idoit
Old 05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

I missed the promo for when the show ended ... was there anything revealed? I didn't think they would show a promo like that ...

kenny | credit
Old 05-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I almost forgot the Oliver shout out for all of the spoiler whores! I new those sides were fakes!
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

The Oliver shout-out was hilarious! I was cracking up.

kenny | credit
Reply   Post New Thread