Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameBovary
I don't know so much about the shoulder, Simone. She wasn't stopping to think where she was aiming. When you're in that position, the adrenalin is so intense that I think one would hardly consider just deterring him. He was killing Ryan. I for one hope that Trey doesn't survive, mainly because all the drama surrounding the situation would be rendered useless if he did. There is so much more potential in Marissa murdering him, so to speak. I don't think he will survive because it seemed like he was shot in the center of his back and there are a number of vital organs that could have been damaged. I may have to examine the scene a little more, but I'm almost 80% positive, judging from where the blood appeared on his wifebeater.
I'm not exactly sure where he was shot but your explanation makes more sense than the shoulder because to me it looked like he was shot below his shoulder and like you said, that would be his back. I'm still not sure if he died yet though.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:57 PM
New Fan

Ok, That was amazing! The music during the funeral did seem wierd, but the Sandy Eulogy and Hailey's Prayer were excellent. The intervention was amazing, I started crying when Kirsten said to Ryan "Don't you say a word, I let you into this house!" That broke my heart, but Ryan's counter and Kirsten's apology totally made up for it. Summer at the funeral was one of my favorite scenes, she tried so hard to help Kirsten and actually had a nice scene. Julie was incredible when she was helping Kirsten, and hugged Marissa, that made me happy. Summer's scene telling Seth was also really impressive. The ending was amazing, just unbelievable! I sat there with my hand over my mouth for five minutes as well. I am also glad to see that they are playing the Season again, which might rope in some new viewers! Overall I liked this finale just as much as last year's but they were both different. Last year seemed more hopeless, this one seems like things can only go up. I am focused on some Emmy noms for this show, if not, I will start a petition. LOL! I LOVE THIS SHOW!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I started crying when Kirsten said to Ryan "Don't you say a word, I let you into this house!" That broke my heart, but Ryan's counter and Kirsten's apology totally made up for it. Summer at the funeral was one of my favorite scenes, she tried so hard to help Kirsten and actually had a nice scene.
I'm glad you mentioned this because I forgot to, and you're exactly right.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I guess i'm in the minority, but I thought it was okay. After seeing the VM finale, this was just okay for me.

Parts I didn't like:

The funeral song either. That sucked! I thought Caleb/Alan deserved more than that and Sandy's eulogy was off. Just didn't help me feel sad for Caleb and I liked him.

I for one didn't like the intervention as a whole. I would have liked to have seen her go more emotional or go crazy. She just stood there with comeback lines and althought the one to Ryan was good, it just died soon. I saw Seth coming and I just wanted more of an emotional scene. I felt like as soon as it started it died.

Don't like Jess, I hope she's gone next year.

I agree with someone that mentioned the weirdness between Sandy/Kirsten at the clinic. I just didn't feel for them and it was weird to me. Not my same couple. I really hope they regain that next year.

Okay, parts I did enjoy:

Marissa/Ryan/Seth/Summer: I love seeing these 4 together. Love it!

Loved Summer/Seth and loved Summer bringing Princess Sparkle. That is adorable and it was great seeing these two happy, despite the sadness that was Caleb's funeral.

Loved seeing Hailey and Jimmy. Love Jimmy/Julie and I loved the Marissa/Julie hug. I've been waiting forever for these two to start bonding. Love the return of the Coopers. This show really needed Jimmy back. Sandy was boring just taking care of others...he needs more male bonding time and I hope we see more fun stuff next year. This season was depressing and I hope that if Tate does come back next season full force, they show more Sandy/Jimmy scenes.

Loved Ryan/Trey fighting. I saw Marissa coming, but I honestly thought she was going to shoot Ryan instead of Trey. I've seen that so many times in movies. Glad it wasn't Ryan, and even though Trey's been an arse, I like Logan and I want Trey back next season, at least for appearances.

Anyways, overall it was a decent season finale. I just wanted more drama and more feelings.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

I agree about Summer. It was so nice of her to try and help Kirsten.

I actually cried twice during the episode. The first was while Sandy was giving Caleb's eulogy, and when the camera showed Kirsten, I just cried. Then, during the intervention when Kirsten bent over and started crying, I did too.

This was a pretty crazy ep. But I like how Jimmy is back and I loved loved loved Summer being there for Mariss. I can't believe Trey is gone though.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:06 PM
New Fan

Rewatching the episode there was a funny line
Summer: If Captain Oats gets fresh with Princess Sparkles its straight to the glue factory.

I love the comic relief.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great episode!! Last season's finale was amazing and this one was too, in a different way. I don't even really know where to start!

In the beginning I liked Trey, even considering the possibility of T/M as a couple. But after everything he did (most especially attacking Marissa and nearly killing Ryan tonight), I'm not all that sorry to see him go. I was really starting to fear for Ryan and I don't blame Marissa for shooting Trey. She tried pulling him off and that didn't work, and she didn't have time to think about it. I thought Mischa did a very good job.

Seth and Summer are together! Hallelujah. After everything that's gone on, I didn't want to have to endure another summer with them broken up. I felt terrible for everything that Seth was dealing with tonight, and I loved Summer for just being there to support him (finally) if he needed her.

I felt more could have been done with Kirsten's intervention, but it was good. I loved Ryan telling her he loved her and Seth being in the doorway when she turned around. I'm relieved she's checked into rehab. Her goodbye hug with the boys/telling them she loved them so much made me tear up a little. *sniff*

Jimmy & Julie - I love it. I think they're a great couple and they need to reunite, pronto!

Loved Marissa hugging Julie.

I'm so relieved there was no Oliver.

Did anybody even call Lindsay in Chicago to let her know her father died? Does Hailey even know about Lindsay?!

Does this mean the end of Jess The Drug Ho? Man, I hope it does!

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been watching on and off, especially since Lindsay and Alex left, but boy, am I glad I watched tonight.

That was just... wow. I liked seeing Seth with some drama and I really liked the Seth/Sandy scenes. The intervention was just heart breaking and it made me love Ryan so much.

Summer/Marissa friendship was great, as was the S/S. I loved that she was there for him. They can't break up, at least not for a few eps in s3. S/S happiness or rather togetherness just rules.

Is it October yet?

Oh, and as other's have said, amazing ending. Amazing episode overall, I really want to see again. Like, now.

(Avi by carolinarain)
Angelic pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Never posted here before but I was just wondering if anyone on any OC boards posts episode clips on the night that the episodes air?

"Hey, George Michael -- Jesus called. He wants your Thriller album."
ReadySteadyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is it October yet?
I know. I definetely can't wait for the new season. Atleast we have summer re-runs to tie us over.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just re-watching the last scene and this may sound weird, but it was kinda beautiful in a way. Ryan could have walked away from Trey. It would have been over. But he loved Marissa so much that he couldn't. Trey hurt him to the extent that he couldn't control his anger and let Trey get away with attacking Marissa. And Marissa pleading for Ryan's life was just beautiful in the way that you could feel her pain & feel how much she loved Ryan. I mean, a lot of people say "family first" and "blood is thicker..blah blah blah". But the scene showed just how important Marissa is to Ryan and vice versa. Yeah, I need to stop rewatching this scene.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

No offense, but the VM finale can't hold a candle to tonight's episode.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak
I was just re-watching the last scene and this may sound weird, but it was kinda beautiful in a way. Ryan could have walked away from Trey. It would have been over. But he loved Marissa so much that he couldn't. Trey hurt him to the extent that he couldn't control his anger and let Trey get away with attacking Marissa. And Marissa pleading for Ryan's life was just beautiful in the way that you could feel her pain & feel how much she loved Ryan. I mean, a lot of people say "family first" and "blood is thicker..blah blah blah". But the scene showed just how important Marissa is to Ryan and vice versa. Yeah, I need to stop rewatching this scene.
I agree with everything. Mischa was so amazing. Ben, whoa..on a superficial note. He was so hott in that scene.
septemberose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatyourgreens
Me too. Wasn't he shot in his right side? Your heart is left center. But I really can't remember, it was a blur.
I'm thinking that he's probably not dead. He did get hit in the left shoulder area, so there's a chance. If Josh wanted Trey dead, he probably would have had it in the head or something.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
No offense, but the VM finale can't hold a candle to tonight's episode.
I'm offended. I disagree. Completely. LOL.

I'm awful, I giggled when Ryan was being choked. I already knew what was going to happen by the end of the episode, so I was concentrating on Ryan's facial expressions. Taken out of the context of the situation, they were somewhat amusing.

And for some reason I get annoyed at the thought of Trey surviving. No! That would completely ruin the premise of the situation and I would be extremely angry if he somehow made it through.
"The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that is has come to be disbelieved in. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only...Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark."

-Cameron

Last edited by MadameBovary; 05-19-2005 at 07:31 PM
MadameBovary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread