Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 07:47 AM
  #31
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (View Post)
Oh is that new? Cool! Nice to see Marissa & Mischa remembered and it's interesting to see what she says about the fashion.
Yeah, it was a new interview. It was interesting to see her thoughts on Marissa and Marissa's fashion after all these years.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:40 PM
  #32
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
New article and not exactly what most of us Marissa fans are going to want to hear:

Mischa Barton is sorry she took Marissa Cooper role on ‘The OC’ | News.com.au
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM
  #33
Fan Forum Star

 
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 116,204
Oh, I saw something about how she'd said something shocking...erm, you know what, I think I might give that a miss, for now at least.
__________________
gonna look ahead, no turning back
live everyday, give it all that I have
trust in Someone bigger than me
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 PM
  #34
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (View Post)
Oh, I saw something about how she'd said something shocking...erm, you know what, I think I might give that a miss, for now at least.
Yeah, I read the first paragraph and had to stop. It is quite disappointing, to be honest.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM
  #35
Fan Forum Star

 
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 116,204
I mean, I haven't read it but going by the headline on that link...I'm sorry that Mischa struggled after the show and if she had difficult times during it but that show gave her such a platform, was so successful and potentially could've led to great things (not that it still can't). I really don't like seeing her shun it.
__________________
gonna look ahead, no turning back
live everyday, give it all that I have
trust in Someone bigger than me
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 PM
  #36
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (View Post)
I mean, I haven't read it but going by the headline on that link...I'm sorry that Mischa struggled after the show and if she had difficult times during it but that show gave her such a platform, was so successful and potentially could've led to great things (not that it still can't). I really don't like seeing her shun it.
I can't argue with you. I agree. And I did read most of it.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:49 PM
  #37
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136

__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:07 PM
  #38
Fan Forum Star

 
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 116,204
Aw..
__________________
gonna look ahead, no turning back
live everyday, give it all that I have
trust in Someone bigger than me
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:27 PM
  #39
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Marissa had such big pretty eyes, and I wanted to hug her in that scene.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 AM
  #40
Addicted Fan

 
~tammy~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,432
bts from new shoot:



plus this

__________________
~tammy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:38 PM
  #41
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Thanks for posting those videos, Tammy! It's good to see what she's been up to.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:04 AM
  #42
Fan Forum Star

 
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 116,204
Cool BTS vid for the Gold Class shoot. Thanks Tammy.
__________________
gonna look ahead, no turning back
live everyday, give it all that I have
trust in Someone bigger than me
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:10 PM
  #43
Passionate Fan

 
dcfriends's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
New article and not exactly what most of us Marissa fans are going to want to hear:

Mischa Barton is sorry she took Marissa Cooper role on ‘The OC’ | News.com.au
I read the whole article. What Mischa said in the article didn't really bother me. She didn't really diss The OC or Marissa, but she was asked: if she knew back then what she knows now, would she do the show again- and Mischa said "probably not." I do kind of appreciate her honesty about it. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with The OC myself. If she has some regrets about doing the show- if it wasn't that great of an experience for her- well, I can't deny her the right to feel that way. It's her life and her feelings about it. She also said that she felt depressed during the show.

And I remember her saying in an old interview that she didn't like the direction the show was going in and that it was an unhealthy work environment.

I haven't seen her comment on the Johnny storyline, but perhaps she didn't really care for that storyline. And I'm sure a lot of viewers didn't care for it either.

I also get the impression that she likes doing indie movies and that she doesn't really like all the fame/media attention that came along with being on The OC.

And from what I understand, it seems that both Mischa and Marissa got a lot of hate, and a lot of people called Mischa a bad actress, and criticized her weight, and if Mischa was aware of all that, it must've been pretty hurtful and frustrating for her.

And in one of the 10 year anniversary interviews, I remember Josh saying that Mischa didn't want to be off the show any more than the other kids on the show did. So it sounds like they all wanted out after a certain point.

There were also all those comments made by Tate, Cam, and Chris Pratt. They were talking about the young cast in general, not just Mischa.

I'm not knocking Ben, Adam, Mischa, or Rachel. I wasn't there, so I can't really say. But perhaps some of those guest stars were exaggerating things.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:03 AM
  #44
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
I read the whole article. What Mischa said in the article didn't really bother me. She didn't really diss The OC or Marissa, but she was asked: if she knew back then what she knows now, would she do the show again- and Mischa said "probably not." I do kind of appreciate her honesty about it. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with The OC myself. If she has some regrets about doing the show- if it wasn't that great of an experience for her- well, I can't deny her the right to feel that way. It's her life and her feelings about it. She also said that she felt depressed during the show.

And I remember her saying in an old interview that she didn't like the direction the show was going in and that it was an unhealthy work environment.

I haven't seen her comment on the Johnny storyline, but perhaps she didn't really care for that storyline. And I'm sure a lot of viewers didn't care for it either.

I also get the impression that she likes doing indie movies and that she doesn't really like all the fame/media attention that came along with being on The OC.

And from what I understand, it seems that both Mischa and Marissa got a lot of hate, and a lot of people called Mischa a bad actress, and criticized her weight, and if Mischa was aware of all that, it must've been pretty hurtful and frustrating for her.

And in one of the 10 year anniversary interviews, I remember Josh saying that Mischa didn't want to be off the show any more than the other kids on the show did. So it sounds like they all wanted out after a certain point.

There were also all those comments made by Tate, Cam, and Chris Pratt. They were talking about the young cast in general, not just Mischa.

I'm not knocking Ben, Adam, Mischa, or Rachel. I wasn't there, so I can't really say. But perhaps some of those guest stars were exaggerating things.
For the most part, I agree. You make good points. I was bothered by it at first, but not so much anymore. It is just a gutting feeling when actors/actresses who played characters I love on shows that I love, didn't have a good experience.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 09-10-2014 at 12:45 PM
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:49 PM
  #45
Passionate Fan

 
dcfriends's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
It is just a gutting feeling when actors/actresses who played characters I love on shows that I love, didn't have a good experience.
I understand.

I remember Mischa was more positive about The OC in the Fearne Cotton interview she did a while ago.

Doing The OC probably had its pros and cons.

This is pretty sweet. It's a fan pic and a fan story:

Instagram

dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
the o.c.


Forum Affiliates
Rachel Bilson Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.