Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the title. Good job, Vero!

I actually did watch the ep live and it wasn't as horrible as I had built it up in my mind. (I have a pretty active imagination.) Seth was feeling guilty for hurting Anna's feelings and didn't want to be the reason she left Newport. I can deal with that, I guess. But it still left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't like the way he brushed Summer aside tonight and freaked out about Anna's letter in front of her. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Summer was so supportive and sweet about it, though. Just one more reason to love the girl. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The whole 'what if the girl I'm supposed to be with just went to Pittsburgh' comment pissed me the hell off. WTF was that about? I am so over the Summer v. Anna thing Seth has going on. Really. It's old, and I'm tired of it. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm trying to focus on the positive here. Anna is gone, and that's something at least.

But those frickin previews sucked. Did we really need to focus all that time on the Jimmy/Julie stuff? How many of us care that much? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited dixieland_dreamer ]

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know. The previews did suck. I like the adults and all but we need some S/S scenes.
-imaginary- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I've been ask who my favorite "The O.C." character is and only one. I couldn't answer because I LOVEd Seth and Summer equally.

Remember when a lot of people said "Summer doesn't deserve Seth."

I'm going to have to say, after tonight's episode, "Seth doesn't deserve Summer."

The thing I dislike the most is when someone questions their affection for someone else. You either into them or not. It's a one way road. A feeling is only meant for one person. Like hating someone (IMO: Anna) or loving someone (IMO: Summer).

Summer, she's just an awesome character. Her personality rocks.

I STILL LOVE SETH & SUMMER! Don't think, after what I said. Like Rachel Bilson said, long-evity wise they make sense. I'm all for them being with others, because I know in the end that they will always be for one another. They are destined to be together.
Elusive One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

hey hey hey

Two things, girls.

1) Not enough Summer. The end. That's all I have to say.

2) Can someone make an animation of Seth and Summer in the blue light from the beginning? Please? [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SATiNribbon:
<STRONG>hey hey hey

Two things, girls.

1) Not enough Summer. The end. That's all I have to say.

2) Can someone make an animation of Seth and Summer in the blue light from the beginning? Please? [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]</STRONG>
hey hey hey.

yes not enough summer. r/s interaction made up for it.

well, i'm pretty sure someone will have that animation.

oh sorry you guys for not updating the scenes thinga nd animation. i will soon. i'm sort of back.

wasn't that just awesome when they showed rachel and adam thing and with the seth and summer quotage in the background. i love it!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Fan

i havent seen the episode yet, but i have read spoilers. VERY good title. VERY accurate.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
JoozerLoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The thing I dislike the most is when someone questions their affection for someone else. You either into them or not. It's a one way road. A feeling is only meant for one person. Like hating someone (IMO: Anna) or loving someone (IMO: Summer).
Word. It's not that complicated. Seth either wants Summer or Anna. I think he does want to be with Summer romantically. IA with everyone that said he was questioning "what if" as in the future but I still don't like the undertones of this ep.

The only thing I loved was the parallelism of the car scenes, S&S both said "eternal love" and In & Out [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
-imaginary- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I STILL LOVE SETH & SUMMER!
I still love them too. Seth just needs to get a clue already and realize what he has right in front of him. He finally got his lifelong wish fulfilled. Plus, Summer took a giant leap of faith for him by taking their relationship public. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I just don't want to see him break her heart or take her for granted. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

And yes, defintely not enough Summer in 'The Goodbye Girl.'

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited dixieland_dreamer ]

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Right now I don't think Seth deserves Summer at all. Wow. He needs to grow up. I really have no comments that could fit in this thread right now.

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
AlwaysADreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

kay kay kay

Well if it isn't Kay.

Hey stranger.

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited SATiNribbon ]
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah, i'm a stranger now. hehe.

imma leave now though. hehe. goodnight yous!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Ugggg... I am angry in ways, but in ways I am not angry...

Seth and Summer are the perfect couple IMO.... but Seth to me wasn't a COMPLETE ASS tonight... I feel that he felt in his heart that Anna could not leave without knowing that even though he could never care for her like he does Summer, that it dosen't mean that she isn't a big part of his life...

Summer said last week the same thing basically Seth said this week.... Are they meant to be? Both have said it and both times I have gotten pissed, BUT both said it... so Seth wasn't completely wrong for having asked the same question that Summer did.... Yeah Seth might have been thinking about Anna the whole night, but Summer was an ass toward seth last week right after they had sex... I think both are still insecure and have those questions....

WHY DID He/She PICK ME?

I think that Summer telling him to go, took a lot of guts... but I think she also knew that Seth and Anna had special relationship, Yeah Seth should have thougt more about Summer's feelings, but hell he is a newbie at relationships and is basically being taught along the way by Anna and Summer both....

So I guess what I am trying to say is, I will not give the Sock Monkeys, the benefit of my cussing Seth, as with any other shipper couple the more you bitch about your couple the more the other ones enjoy it, trust me I use to love it when the D/Je'rs would get so pissed at D/J, that I would be like yeah, well see told you Dawson would end up doing it or See Joey wanted Pacey all along, I hope that makes sense (LOL) so why I am not that pissed is because in the end, SETH & SUMMER both are in Newport as a couple, both have said things that have pissed me off, but in the end they will work it out... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I hope I made sense....

Also I have to add, I was touched by Seth tonight, it actually made me love him and hate him both.. I actually shed tears.... don't get me wrong, I am so glad Anna is gone, but Damn Adam can act man, when I saw the tears, that is all it took, Pacey did that to me too, something about a sexy guy crying melts my heart.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

:::Looks around:::

Yay! I can discuss the episode with BCers now! Sorry to everyone earlier for posting those spoilers, won't ever do it again...DOH!...Should've known better than to do that.

Anyway, I know that a lot of you, including myself earlier, will be a bit confused and pissy (as I was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) about Seth's comment in the end. Because to me, everything else Seth did was consistent to him not wanting to lose a best friend...not a potential lover. But then.....

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
SETH: What if the girl I was supposed to be with just went back to Pittsburgh?

BUT...now I'm totally okay with that comment, because:

I remember during "Heartbreak", a scene between Marissa and Summer at the beach-

Marissa: Maybe...we just weren't meant to be together?
Summer: Maybe we're just chasing after the wrong boys.

After Summer says that, Seth proves to her via the slow dance in his room and the kissing booth scene, that she isn't chasing after the wrong boy.

And now with "The Goodbye Girl", it's a bit parallel-

RYAN: What if she went back to Chino?

And I think that in the upcoming episodes, Summer's going to prove to Seth that the girl he's meant to be with isn't at Pittsburg, but at Newport.

In any case, both comments were said irrationally, as a result of disappointment or despair (disappointment with having sex too rashly [summer]...despair of losing a friend and desparately trying to cling on to her by any means, even somewhat reconsidering his unsuccessful relationship with her, just so he can keep her there[seth])

Am I making sense? Hopefully?
YouWillForgetThisUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by YouWillForgetThisUserName:
<STRONG>:::Looks around:::

Yay! I can discuss the episode with BCers now! Sorry to everyone earlier for posting those spoilers, won't ever do it again...DOH!...Should've known better than to do that.

Anyway, I know that a lot of you, including myself earlier, will be a bit confused and pissy (as I was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) about Seth's comment in the end. Because to me, everything else Seth did was consistent to him not wanting to lose a best friend...not a potential lover. But then.....

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

BUT...now I'm totally okay with that comment, because:

I remember during "Heartbreak", a scene between Marissa and Summer at the beach-

Marissa: Maybe...we just weren't meant to be together?
Summer: Maybe we're just chasing after the wrong boys.

After Summer says that, Seth proves to her via the slow dance in his room and the kissing booth scene, that she isn't chasing after the wrong boy.

And now with "The Goodbye Girl", it's a bit parallel-

RYAN: What if she went back to Chino?

And I think that in the upcoming episodes, Summer's going to prove to Seth that the girl he's meant to be with isn't at Pittsburg, but at Newport.

In any case, both comments were said irrationally, as a result of disappointment or despair (disappointment with having sex too rashly [summer]...despair of losing a friend and desparately trying to cling on to her by any means, even somewhat reconsidering his unsuccessful relationship with her, just so he can keep her there[seth])

Am I making sense? Hopefully?</STRONG>
awesome. i totally get it, and it would be brilliant if the writers did do that. very good prediction, and i'm not doubting it at all.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
JoozerLoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by: +*~*+SASHA+*~*+
Seth and Summer are the perfect couple IMO.... but Seth to me wasn't a COMPLETE ASS tonight... I feel that he felt in his heart that Anna could not leave without knowing that even though he could never care for her like he does Summer, that it dosen't mean that she isn't a big part of his life...
Well put! Took the words right out of my mouth. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
YouWillForgetThisUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread