Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Ben's kissing technique with Shannon was so sexy.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks guys for the welcome

And thanks TC for the add
Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
Yeah, Ben's kissing technique with Shannon was so sexy.
yes he is and they were too
Old 12-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice vid

Thanks for the welcome Ant and "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"
Quote:
I hope you like Ch. 1 of the fic.
I did that's a great start, you got Lindsay's voice perfectly, the flashback was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time and I loved that Ryan is the only one who recognized her Ch. 2 can't come fast enough
Quote:
Oh, is that your favorite character list in that order or is it in no particular order?
in that order, I love Ryan with the Cohens, with Lindsay or Taylor, but I can't stand him when he's with Marissa and unfortunately he was with her a lot
Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Nice vid
Aw, yeah! Their make out scenes were hot.

Quote:
I did that's a great start, you got Lindsay's voice perfectly, the flashback was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time and I loved that Ryan is the only one who recognized her Ch. 2 can't come fast enough
Ah, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Ch. 2 will hopefully be up soon, but I've had a lot going on.

Quote:
in that order, I love Ryan with the Cohens, with Lindsay or Taylor, but I can't stand him when he's with Marissa and unfortunately he was with her a lot
I don't know... we'll have to disagree on this (I very strongly disagree). And if it's okay with you, I'd like to share my opinion.

I don't necessarily think it's fair to use one relationship against a character when looking at their overall character as a whole. I know I used to do that with Summer... I couldn't care less about her when she was with Seth, but when I actually paid attention to her character, I realized she was so much more than that and she became one of my favorite characters.

With Ryan, it's even less fair in my opinion because he was soooo much more than just his relationship with Marissa even while he was dating her ... so much so that I barely even cared who he was dating because he's just a great character--well acted and interesting-- on his own, with or without a relationship... not to mention he was the main character who drives the show. Without Ryan, almost every other character on the show loses their significance. He's also the only character imo on the show who can be bad ass, kind, funny, helpful, studious, loving, a wreck, torn, vulnerable, profound, and introspective all in one.

He was definitely the deepest character on the show. In fact, I was always honed in on him as a person instead of his relationships. I made this video, which means a lot to me (please watch it... you won't regret it... I promise!): YouTube - Ryan Atwood's Journey and Life [Slight Night Shiver]

It really shows why he's my favorite character... his depth and all he overcame, who he was, and who he became.

For me, the other characters on the show don't do anything for me in the depth department (except for Sandy), and I only watch shows for that mostly. Ryan gave the show depth. He also grew the most as a person.

It's okay that you disagree. It's perfectly fine. But that's how I saw it... the show was Ryan and Sandy to me and that whole mentor to troubled teen relationship... with Ryan always trying to do the right thing and be like Sandy. Marissa was very important to him, but she is only a very small part of his character in my opinion.

Anyway, in terms of Ryan/Marissa, I actually loved him with her. While I don't like RM as much as RT or RL, I still loved their relationship and he was very good to her... and they did love each other. I enjoyed the angst in their relationship.

I especially loved RM during the Trey arc.

What did he do that you didn't like while dating Marissa? IMO he's the best boyfriend on the show.

lol, you like Oliver more than Ryan? To each his own. *shrugs* Oliver is my favorite villain on the show, but I'd never ever consider him a favorite character.

I did like that storyline though, but the only characters in it that i liked were Ryan, Luke, Anna, and Summer... and Oliver for being a good villain. As much as Marissa annoyed me during that storyline, I think Seth annoyed me more (he didn't have Ryan's back and he was a bad boyfriend to Anna). Sandy even started to irk me during that storyline and he's my second favorite character!

In terms of rating characters, I couldn't put guest characters in the top 5 really because we didn't see enough of them to get major development or see who they became later in life (I do consider Taylor, Luke, and Anna to be main characters because they were for at least a season). Guest characters are just not in the same category imo. I rate them differently.

ETA: I put together this very simple pic spam.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-26-2010 at 02:17 AM
Old 12-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww lovely picsam
Quote:
He was definitely the deepest character on the show. In fact, I was always honed in on him as a person instead of his relationships. I made this video, which means a lot to me (please watch it... you won't regret it... I promise!
Wow gorgeous vid, it really shows everything he has been through and how far he has come, well done
Quote:
What did he do that you didn't like while dating Marissa? IMO he's the best boyfriend on the show.
you gotta a point here and there's no doubt he grew as a character with this relationship Maybe I chose the wrong words to explain myself, actually, I tried to care about his story with Marissa but I just lost interest whereas I really enjoyed all the moments between him and the Cohens, or his family
Old 12-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Aww lovely picsam
Wow gorgeous vid, it really shows everything he has been through and how far he has come, well done
Aw, thanks! I put my heart and soul into that video. I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
you gotta a point here and there's no doubt he grew as a character with this relationship Maybe I chose the wrong words to explain myself, actually, I tried to care about his story with Marissa but I just lost interest whereas I really enjoyed all the moments between him and the Cohens, or his family
Yeah, I think it was just a misunderstanding with your wording. The way you worded, it sounded like you were saying you don't like Ryan as much as the other characters on your list because he dated Marissa, which I found a little odd because he was way more than just his relationship with her and if you loved him with everyone else but her, I'd think he'd be higher up in your favorite character list considering he is in two of your favorite couples on the show. and as an individual character, he is a separate entity than Marissa.

But it's okay that he's not either way. I'm just happy you're a Ryan/Lindsay, Ryan/Taylor, Ryan/Cohens, and Ryan/Trey fan.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

love the picspam

after the incident
Old 12-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, the "incident."
Old 12-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah, the "incident."
Six, if you count each individual tampon
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's fair enough that you may like a character more when they're with another character/less when they're with someone else. I guess it can just happen that way.

Anyway, a little pic :
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (View Post)
I think it's fair enough that you may like a character more when they're with another character/less when they're with someone else. I guess it can just happen that way.
That's true, but for me that doesn't affect my liking of the characters as a whole... I mean I can think of someone every character on the show was with or interacted with that I didn't like, but at the end of the day, that doesn't affect how I view the individual character. I think I rate characters more on how much I liked them as people in general or how entertaining I found the actor's portrayal of them in general. But I'm the type of person who doesn't pay THAT much attention to relationships and focuses more on friendship, family, and the individual characters so that changes how I view things too.

Quote:
Anyway, a little pic :
http://i.imgur.com/HuMs3.jpg
Aw, so cute! Thanks for posting, Naomi.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant31 (View Post)
Six, if you count each individual tampon
yes exactly
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww that's a such pic, thanks for posting, they look adorable together
Quote:
But it's okay that he's not either way. I'm just happy you're a Ryan/Lindsay, Ryan/Taylor, Ryan/Cohens, and Ryan/Trey fan.
aww then I'm happy you're happy
Old 12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

I was so sad for Ryan when Lindsay left. He seemed heartbroken. He really had gone way out of his way for her in the relationship and was absolutely perfect to her, and I think he should have been enough for her to stay. I mean... she was what, 17? She was going to Yale at 18 anyway? What difference would it have made going back to Chicago with her mom for a year if she was leaving anyway? She minus well have stayed with Ryan. I didn't want them to write her character off. She should have also been at Caleb's funeral. I felt that the way the writers ended their relationship and just let go of her character didn't make any sense.

It was so sweet that Ryan wanted to visit her in Chicago as a surprise the day after she left though!

What I liked about their relationship was that we got to see the real Ryan Atwood shine through. Normally he put up this tough guy facade to mask the pain and vulnerability he felt on the inside brought on by his terrible childhood and having to grow up so soon. It was like he always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, but when he was with Lindsay, we got to see his nerdy, goofier side and he opened up more freely to her, and made many sacrifices to make her happy and be there for her (because that's who Ryan is).

More caps:

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-29-2010 at 07:46 PM
Reply   Post New Thread