Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Eh, I don't agree so I don't have an answer.
cdgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
New Fan

Long time lurker. I just wanted to chime in that I just saw the episode-twice. Definately back to season one standard. I've always loved SS but Summer having so many issues just below the surface, but still being able to jump start Ryan's moving forward, was so well done! Love that they show how Seth is taking care to connect with his parents on their level. He's watching Summer very closely wondering how to help her. Seth is acting adult! For the first time in a long time I'm interested in Ryan! I'm so excited!

Question-where is Summer's myspace?
Maria 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I actually think when she was by herself in the car is a whole other Summer.

And THAT's EXACTLY how she feels.
Yeah, this is what I meant when I wrote that we finally connect w/ her in this scene. She's been sort of elusive and difficult to read the whole episode and here, is the first time we really glimpse who and what Summer has become.

This Summer seems distinctly separate from the various performances she's created for the people around her, Ryan, Che, the Cohens, and Seth. I think Seth, though, knows that it's a performance and maybe even, Summer knows that he knows but they've tacitly agreed not to acknowledge it because this is what she needs right now.

But, the phonecall is particularly interesting because as we all agree, that's the most expressive, real Summer. Not the Summer that sees Marissa and runs out of her room. AND we get this glimpse of Summer when she's calling Seth. She's not just sitting by herself and staring into space feeling everything. She's trying to communicate and even though, explicitly she's lying to him, there is the suggestion that the real Summer is linked to Seth and their relationship.

Adam and Rachel acted the hell out of S/S's angst and awkwardness, but I think the narrative of when and toward whom Summer's feeling what, is really smart writing. It's particularly smart if it's indicative of the arcs of both Summer's grief and the S/S relationship as the premiere would suggest.
ms mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

I've been thinking that even if you close your eyes during the car scene and just listen to what she's saying, she just sounds so different and so weak and so like she's about to start crying and ask him to just come and get her and hold her and I love that.

But, more importantly, Seth is going to hear all of that in her voice but he can't do anything.

Like you said, Em, it's like there is this giant pink elephant in the room and they can't talk about it. She knows Seth can read her but she won't open up, still and Seth won't bring it up in fear of her actually "breaking down." And by breaking down I mean turning into this emotional, crying mess of a girl that I think she was during the summer.

Josh is really writing them in this amazing way and in a way that we asked for. We wanted SS together with no love triangles but with drama. Actual, real drama. And the pay out is amazing.

And I don't think two better actors could be playing Seth and Summer. It's amazing how Adam and Rachel can play that "old married couple" side of SS and then, the next season, they can make Seth and Summer so awkward and angssty and realistic.

They're both so amazing.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and I gotta thank Marissa, or Summer's insanity, or the weird light, or whatever that was, for making Summer do that.

God. This can't be resolved in 16.
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Tragedy Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

I want a million more episodes, please.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, what are the chances that the awesome premiere is going to inspire S/S fic about what happened this summer? Particularly the idea of them living in the comic shop?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I like that idea!

With some smut, Em?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Chels, smut in S/S fic?! What's that?

I saved all of that fic, btw.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Am in the middle of watcing, but that panel of Seth's based on the Chirsmukkah picture is just about the saddest, thing I've seen.

So much angst in such a short amount of time!!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hee. Poor SS and no smut.

Though, I could be bribed...
Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bribed how exactly?

*suspicious*
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

If you can get Adam Brody to sleep with me, I'll do anything you want.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pfft.

I like his girlfriend too much.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where is the episode? On Fox.com?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread