Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Whoops...perhaps this was where I should've posted?

Well tomorrow I'll be uploading some pics...but still a little pissed off my camera died...I got a lot of Ben ones from early on and Adam up close...and Rachel, Tate, Peter and Melinda.

But bah......could've taken tons of piccies............TECHNOLOGY failed me. But still uber happy...I'll post my organized recaps of the event tomorrow...with every detail.
YouWillForgetThisUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BEHRian:
<STRONG>

HI!!! Yes it's me.. and I'm in Orange County about to drive up to LA with my buddie Cara. So hopefully I'll make it in too! I'll let you know all about it soon. Nice to talk to you again! It's been FOREVER [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Maybe I'll see you there

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Ahh! Well, I didn't see you there obviously! I was there from about 3:30 on, waiting in line, and as a result my friend and I were in the 5th row - not too shabby if I do say so myself! I'm glad you got to at least *see* them in the lineup though! I live here too now, by the way. I'm in Studio City, in the Valley. I *love* it here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chris *did* make it. He was late - showed up sometime mid-episode viewing. But he was absolutely hilarious [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'd say one of the most crowd-friendly people on the stage!

You took some awesome pics, Natalie! I toyed with going out there and trying to catch some, but there were already so many people standing there when I went inside the theater, that I decided to just wait until after the panel. I *did* take a roll and a half though, and I'm getting them developed tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be a few gems in there.

During the presentation itself I didn't notice any cozying between A&R. I was watching too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] They seemed to be going out of their way not to look too cozy to me. To the point of leaning away from each other. But personally I don't think it means anything - I saw them in a restaraunt together about a month ago, and I'm pretty convinced that they're together.

My highlight moments from the presentation?

When they all came onstage together after the episode, Melinda Clark sat herself down in Chris's lap instead of her chair, and they made a big cute show of cuddling before she took her seat.

The writers and producers talked about how they pitched the show and why - some stuff I hadn't heard before, like that McG grew up in Newport and kind of has the insider perspective on life there - though he considered himself to be an outsider in that world, and that's why he relates to the position of the show. Josh Schwartz also apparently *is* Seth Cohen. He denied it wholeheartedly and everyone else on stage laughed and insisted that it's true.

The entire cast went through and told the stories of how they got the parts, and their auditioning process. Apparently Ben and Adam were both cast very late. Misha talked about having to test with many Ryans, but not with Ben early on. Adam said that he was a slacker and blew his lines on his first reading and that they didn't call him back for the longest time as a result of it. Chris's story was that he had such a mediocre audition that on his way out he punched the next guy in the gut and then had an affair with his mom to prove that he was right for the part. (He was obviously kidding, but insisted that it was the true story.)

Hmmm...I'm trying to remember the particularly interesting details about the Q&A, but my mind is drawing a blank. I'll have to converse with my friend and come back later with more. lol. But how's that to start with?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cookie2697

Cool! I hope you took some great pics with that roll and a half! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You're brilliant to not trust technology..........right now I'm hating digital cameras........bah...I should be content with tonight...it was grrrrreat!
YouWillForgetThisUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for all the great recaps [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

I'm *so* happy Chris was there-only a bit late but he was there,yeah! I really thought he'd miss another event with the cast like Hermosa Beach.

I would die to see the picture of Mindy sitting on Chris lap, any chance for a visual? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I*love* Abercrombie/Bitch!

Who is that guy next to Benjamin with the fro?
I think he's one of the writer well anyway I think he's cute [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't care who I looked at, Im with YOU
[/CENTER]
^cloud^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for all the info and the pics, i wish i would have been there.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

There is an article about last night at ETOnline.com &gt;&gt;
It is slightly spoilerish. And there is a video in the left side that you can watch. Most of the cast talking about the event, Adam talking about Paris Hilton. Cool stuff!

* Ana *
PiPaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the info and the pics [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Hot Like Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ^cloud^:
<STRONG>I would die to see the picture of Mindy sitting on Chris lap, any chance for a visual? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I*love* Abercrombie/Bitch!

Who is that guy next to Benjamin with the fro?
I think he's one of the writer well anyway I think he's cute [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Grrr...no pics of Melinda on Chris unfortunately - we weren't allowed to take pics inside, and they had security patrolling to make sure it wouldn't happen. It was *killing* me. I'm into photography and it drives me *nuts* when I see a great shot and I can't take it. lol.

The guy with the curly fro is Doug Liman - he wasn't slated to be there but he showed anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello all! WOW COOKIE! Thanks for the description... I wish I had gotten inside but I'm also thankful I even got to see them out on the lineup. I'm going to PM you so check it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The tough thing about following your heart is what people forget to mention - that sometimes your heart takes you to places you shouldn't be. - Liz Parker, Leaving Normal.
BEHRian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The guy with the curly fro is Doug Liman - he wasn't slated to be there but he showed anyway.
Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Need to remember that name. Am I happy that I don't work on the set of OC - all the fine men,I'd probably totally forget to do my work [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Too bad you weren't allowed to take pictures inside,damn the security [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Just pictures why make such a big deal about it, Oh well at least we know that Mindy sat on Chris lap [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

An article about Paley Festival and "Plan A, B or C" is up at zap2it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited ^cloud^ ]

[/CENTER]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

hit the wrong button sorry [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited ^cloud^ ]

[/CENTER]
Reply   Post New Thread