Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Ok the gods like me tonight my sister was watching TV and she was like "ugh. Linkin Park and Jay-Z" (yeah she's not a fan ) and I was like

Anyway the MTV Ultimate Mash-Up was great. I missed a bit, of course, but better than nothing! It rocked. I would've killed to be in the crowd. But the atmosphere was rocking. What's with the triangle signs the fans made?

I liked all the mash-ups but Encore/Numb is great. I don't really like Numb anymore cuz it's so overplayed, but the fresh spin was great Chester outdid himself. "What are you waiting for.." and I liked his shirt! Ooh.

Yeah I could see the profanities could make some fans less than happy, but I was fine with it. It doesn't really bother me what they do, as long as they don't go into pop or something and Mike grinning during the band rehearsals for (I forgot the Jay Z song)/Faint was cute!! Aww. I'm so glad I saw it, I know what you guys are raving about now
Old 12-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I caught the end of the show on MTV and went and bought the CD/DVD the next day because it was really awesome and different. I love Linkin' Park and Jay-Z is alright.

My favorite track would be Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer. It just totally rocks. Not to mention Chester totally had me banging my head when he did his thing at the end. And I don't head bang. I prefer the DVD version of that 'song' better because of how Chester sings it. My boyfriend, who isn't much into Linkin' Park, came into the room when I was watching it because he thought it sounded cool. He and I both love how Chester goes 'shut wuup' instead of 'shut up' on one part. Little detail but I loved it. Not to mention how he bounces back and worth when he does it. He's a awesome performer, totally sucks you in. Jay-Z didn't look too happy about that at the end.

Anyway, it was totally worth the money.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 12-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I really love the first verse that Mike is rapping during "Points/99 Problems/OSC". It is as if he wants to say all of this to all the critics out there. You can practically see him standing in front of them and telling them what he thinks and that makes it so good for me. He is finally speaking his mind in a way. I think many people think that, since I already many mentioning it and that's what makes it really important, because not everyone would do it.

And I just noticed that I bought the CD/DVD in Germany and it's still Region 1, so not everyone will be able to watch it in Europe, 'cause we have Region 2 here...
Old 12-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Moderator Manager

i better get my copy soon, i swear!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Linds - I want to get mine too! I saw it in this music shop today. $18.90. Damn I have no money!

Miranda - yeah I noticed that he didn't look very happy somehow and the shut wuup! I thought I was the only one who noticed it!

Kate - I liked the way they combined Jay Z's lyrics and the chorus of One Step Closer (was it? I can't remember) I couldn't really hear the lyrics. What was he saying?

You know, I was watching the mash-up and my mom was watching too. And she had this look on her face that was like "you call that music?" she doesn't appreciate the finer points of Linkin Park!
Old 12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by mapraleif
You know, I was watching the mash-up and my mom was watching too. And she had this look on her face that was like "you call that music?" she doesn't appreciate the finer points of Linkin Park!
we all have weird parents, don't you think?

Old 12-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Definitely! She thinks that everything is noisy (music-wise). And she never lets me stay up and do things. She doesn't like me to go out late, come to think of it. Sigh.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's hilarious, cuz my mom LOVES LP. Loves them. Especially when she was watching the Mash-up with me, she kept commenting on how awesome they were. Sometimes, I think she likes them more than me

Oh, and when my LP 3.0 newsletter came in the mail a couple of days ago, she wanted to read it. LOL, and now I think she has an intellectual crush on Brad too.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Unfair! I want my mom to like LP too intellectual crush, huh? Heh.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by JellyBellyBean
Oh, and when my LP 3.0 newsletter came in the mail a couple of days ago, she wanted to read it. LOL, and now I think she has an intellectual crush on Brad too.
I wish my parents would do that. But mine don't really care about them. My mom even said that she thinks Chester is at least 40 and Mike is 20. Don't ask, it was a completely weird discussion we had.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's really weird! Why 40? And isn't Mike older?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know why she thought that. She just said that they look like it.
And Mike is 27, so he is a little bit older than 20.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by JellyBellyBean
That's hilarious, cuz my mom LOVES LP. Loves them. Especially when she was watching the Mash-up with me, she kept commenting on how awesome they were. Sometimes, I think she likes them more than me
my mom loves LP too. she got used to it because i listen to it all the time.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yea I think it was pure genius what they did onthis record! I have been a fan of both artists for a long time so Im happy to see that they showed fans that coming together in the music bizz is what it is all about Me and my friends were just listening tothis record at like 3 in the morning last nite!(if that makes sense!)

**Colie**
Old 12-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Colie - glad that you're a fan!

Kate, Linds - that's funny. I've been listening to LP for a long time now. My mom still doesn't like them. Oh well