Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

GH is also my fav, and i watch DOOL occassionally too, not as much as i used to though.

I really got hooked on Y&R in the short time i have been watching it and am looking forward to whats to come from it.
novaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

SOW:

BACKSTAGE SHAKE-UP!

Lynn Marie Latham has made her first big change as EP of Y&R: Jack Smith is out as co-HW.

Smith, who was stripped of his HW/EP title when LML was named HW last February, broke the news to everyone at Y&R himself on Sept. 14.

"My tenure at Y&R has come to an end," Smith said in a memo. "I would like to thank all of you for your unwavering support, friendship, and most of all, inspiration over the past many years. None of what I accomplished here was done on my own. The creation of Kevin Fisher, Gloria, the JT/Colleen first love story, the Michael/Lauren marriage, the return of Sheila, Bobby Marsino, Cameron, Tom Fisher, etc. - all of it came to life by way of pitches, discussions and suggestions...I would consider it an honor to cross paths professionally with any one of you somewhere down the road."

That road could lead next door. When Bradley Bell, EP of B&B, heard about the shake-up, sources say he called Smith and asked him to return to B&B. Insiders speculate that the Bells also want to keep Smith on board in case Y&R's ratings start to slide under the new all-Latham regime. Latham reportedly wants to create her own brand-new team of writers, which will include her husband Bernard Lechowick, who has signed on as a scriptwriter. Former OLTL HW Josh Griffith has been named co-EP, and longtime producer Kathy Foster is leaving the show.

At press time, Kay Alden remained co-HW with LML. But setside sources say the veteran scribe, who worked under Bill Bell for more than two decades, is also on her way out. Y&R had no comment.

Winners/Losers
Winner: Ashley. She was right about it not being a good idea to hire Kevin.
Loser: Zapato. (LOL) Where was he when Victor thought someone broke into the house?

MICHAEL SMACKS JACK

Score one for the Baldwin/Fisher boys! This week on Y&R, Michael and Kevin foil Jack's plan to take over Jabot.

"Jack has Victor's $250 million and wants to finish the Raaz deal," sets up PB. But when Kevin's internet snooping exposes Jack's connection to Jabot's bidder, Raaz Cosmetics, "Katherine puts her foot down. There will be no sale. Kevin and his brother are just giddy with joy - and Michael's eager to rub it in Jack's face."

Michael gets a 'raaz' out of Jack, all right, esp. when the crafty lawyer informs Jack that Jabot was sold to a new bidder, House of Kim. "Jack is dumbstruck and crestfallen," previews PB. "He's despondent about the whole thing and goes off to lick his wounds."

Or is Jackie Boy just putting on a show?

"What's curious is that jack actually isn't that concerned," winks Bergman.

Hmmm. Maybe Jack's House of Kim...er, cards hasn't fallen down after all?

SECRET ON-SET ROMANCE

Sources say Greg Rikaart (kevin) is dating his new co-star, Emily O'Brien, who plays British import Jana. The backstage romance reportedly began brewing when Kevin started flirting with Jana at Crimson Lights.

"We don't comment on actors' personal lives," responds a Y&R rep.

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN MESTA?

Details about Marisa Ramirez's departure from Y&R are leaking out: Carmen will vanish this fall. That means Dru will be in even deeper trouble, since she has been clashing with Ms. Mesta (and slashing her clothes) for months, to the point where Carmen got a restraining order against her. Naturally, authorities will think Dru is the culprit.

Y&R scripted a similar storyline in 2003 when Isabella faked her own death to frame Christine. Isabella eventually resurfaced and tried to kill Christine, but Paul came to Chris' rescue and Isabella was carted off to a mental institution (on Wisteria Lane...)

When asked if Ramirez would be returning at some point, a Y&R rep had no comment.

Victoria Rowell (Dru) is having a blast these days on Y&R. "We're able to see Dru go from zero to 100 in one show," she beams. "There is only one other time I enjoyed myself more on the show: when Bill Bell wrote the ballet story w/ Norma Donaldson (who played Dru's mother, Lillie Belle Barber). Dru got herself into a lot of trouble," Sorta like now. "Dru has spiraled so far down, she does not have time for hair and makeup . And she is a fashionista diva! Someone asked me how she changed her hair in prison. I said, "first of all, it was a fall. Anyone who doesn't know Dru's hair isn't that long hasn't been watching the show.' In jail, they're not going to allow you to keep a fall with a comb on the end of it. And bail doesn't happen right away - my sister's a cop - so Dru was in there doing nothing but twiddling her thumbs and braiding her hair."

The List (comments from the peanut gallery)
9. No Playing Around. Y&R's Jack and Sharon didn't need video games or poker to get warmed up like Nick and Phyllis. They jumped right into the sack. <RME>

Gotta Minute is w/ Christian LeBlanc. He would love a location shoot in New Orleans. Says Lynn Latham has a house in New Orleans that she is trying to renovate. Says he, Michelle and Judith Chapman are all learning Spanish right now and they may all go to a Spanish-speaking country (he wants to and says Michelle and Judith seem game too). Would like to go to Barcelona for Christmas and hopefully his pal Ricky Paull Goldin can come down from Ireland to visit. :-)

SOW: So is Michael ready to be a daddy?
CLB: Your biggest fear in the world is that you might be responsible for harm done to your wife or son. There's so much drama there. There are some great twists and it all stems from Michael being involved in this thing against jack. Tracey and I have some very emotional scenes coming up. Michael promised his wife he would never keep a secret again and this is a concern for him. In my head, I'm thinking, "Liar! Liar!"

Sneak Peeks

Week of Oct 2
Devon gets bad news.
Kay makes a lucrative deak to sell Jabot, unaware who the real buyer is.
Lauren receives a mysterious package. Is Sheila back?
Nick and Phyllis aren't on the same page.
Can't Miss - Fri. Oct. 6 - Jack gets a very disturbing visit from John. (pic of Jack and John dressed up as Jacob Marley, lol)

Week of Oct. 9
Dru loses control with Carmen.
Lauren discovers Michael and Gloria have been deceiving her.
Brad and Victoria clash over her plan to search for the reliquary.
Public Opinion

Not Getting His Phyl-lis

Y&R has a proven goldmine in the combustible Nick and Phyllis. So why are they not being utilized? Why is Nick's every scene with that whiny, bitter, hypocritical Sharon? I started tuning into Y&R because of word-of-mouth regarding Nick and Phyllis. Watching this relationship evolve from an affair to a genuine love story has been thrilling. It has provided a desperately needed boost to a soap I viewed as a bunch of old fogies duking it out in the boardroom. Nick and Phyllis are still the hottest thing in soaps, but the writers aren't doing them justice.
-M.A., Rockford IL

Another letter printed from someone complaining about Gloria's behaviour at the NVP gala re: Will.

Mail Call - Y&R - Wow, Eric Braeden has been amazing as a crazed Victor.

Eric Braeden got a nice write-up for his Performer of the Week Applause Applause section.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the mag scoops.

No way in hell am I rooting for Gloria's spawns to win out over my Jacky. Hope Jack has something up his sleaves. Sounds like if from the spoilers.

Still waiting for the day GloHo is exposed for being behind the face cream debacle.

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

I am sure that Jack has something up his sleeve, i cant wait to find out what it is either!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Total Fan

thanks for these. i've honestly been watching y&r since like birth. i inherited that soap. so i've watched it longer than any other.

it's funny victoria is loing this story. i love love love drucilla and even when i'm pissed victoria cracks me up. but i'm not liking this story at all. neil is an ass, carmen is pathetic and dru is acting way to desparate. sorry i don't like it at all.

ohhhhhhhhhhh that will be good if the new company is jacks. that would be a twist. hmmmm
Old 09-29-2006, 07:49 AM
MST Manager

It's funny, Y&R is the only soap that I used to make sure I watched on my days off from work. I wouldn't record it every day like I do GH and DOOL, but when I'm off work, I made sure I watched it.

Now, thank goodness for SoapNet! It's about time Cablevision got it.

Thanks for the spoilage, Nova.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Saw this posted on SZ:

'Y&R': a Jack with an ace in the hole

By CAROLYN HINSEY

NY Dailey News

'Y&R's' Jack (Peter Bergman) tries to buy back Jabot.

Katherine sells the Abbott family company out from under Jack next week on "The Young and the Restless," but Jack may have a trick up his sleeve.
"When John died, Jack had one thing to check off his list: Get Jabot back," says Peter Bergman (Jack). "That was a promise he made to himself when he buried his father."

Unfortunately, Jack's stepbrothers, Kevin and Michael, have been working against him, because they want to keep their hapless mother, Gloria (John's widow), working at Jabot, and they know Jack will fire her if he gets control.

"It's not clear yet if they are going to foil his attempts, and if they do, whether Jack has a backup plan," says Bergman.

Michael thwarts Jack's first attempt when he discovers that Raaz Cosmetics is actually a front for Jack to buy Jabot and tells Katherine.

"Everyone is watching what Jack's reaction is going to be, and Jack knows it," says Bergman. "He lets Sharon comfort him, which is probably my favorite part of the job these days, being comforted by Sharon. Jack has come to really like her. Yes, he's been lying to her. And he is getting to feel really bad about it."

Jack is upset after his secret plan to buy Jabot is uncovered. Perhaps too upset?

"It's worth saying that Jack is having to do a lot of acting and covering," hints Bergman of Jack's anger. "It's fun to play a character who is acting. I flatter myself that Jack is maybe not as good an actor as Peter Bergman is."

He's not. By the end of the week, another company emerges to buy Jabot, and this time the deal goes through. Jabot is lost to Jack forever.

"Michael does a little rubbing in his face, but Gloria keeps her distance," says Bergman. "She immediately switches her efforts to [convince] the new owner that she is a valuable employee. It's amazing to me how many people are feeling sorry for Gloria. She started this avalanche!"

And Jack?

"Jack appears devastated," says Bergman. "Ashley tries to calm him down and reassure him that their dad doesn't blame this on him. But Jack has lost his opportunity to set things right with his dad. That's what this [sale] represents."

Or does it?

"At the last minute," says Bergman, "Jack confides to Ashley one extra little thing she needs to know."

And here is the TV Guide spoilers for Next Week:

Lauren is spooked by a mysterious delivery that reminds her of Sheila Carter. Michael and Kevin outfox Jack Abbott in the battle for Jabot Cosmetics... or so they think. Nick and Phyllis make conflicting plans for the future. Devon's family and friends try to help him cope with becoming deaf. Victor returns to Newman Enterprises with renewed vim and vigor, which creates complications for Jack, Brad, Victoria, Sharon, Nicholas, Phyllis and Nikki.

Comments:

The Devons stuff is interesting.

And Go Jack Go!!!!! Please get thos darn Fishers out of your families company.

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

thanks for those Houston!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for posting that Houston!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:01 PM
MST Manager

Thanks, H!

Glad Devon is getting an interesting storyline like this, should be good.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

SOD:

SOD Cover:
Exclusive: HAPPY DAYS - Are Here Again!
Romantic Reunion (pic of John/Marlena)
Lucas Confesses "I love Sami!" (pic of Lucas/Sami)
Bo's The Father! (pic of Bo/Hope)
Plus: Shocking Interview with Exiting Star (pic of Kyle Brant)

FIRED Y&R VET: "IT'S A MISTAKE." (refers to Jack Smith, ex-HW)

Hot Off The Net:
Actor: Joshua Morrow
Actress: Michelle Stafford
Couple: Nick and Phyllis

Comings/Goings
Lucas Babin (Rocky) - This cowboy makes a special showing at Nick's party for Phyllis on Oct. 11.
Will Kirby from Big Brother will be on the Oct. 23rd epi in scenes with Jack.
Christel Khalil begins airing in October.

Editor's Choice went to Y&R - "Things Fall Apart" - talks about Victor's story (and his scene with the gun), Dru's unraveling, Sharon/Jack's coupling - calls it shocking but understandable, two lost souls, yada yada, says that even if there are hidden agendas, the genuine attraction and affection remain undeniable.

What Will Happen:
The life of Lauren and Michael's newborn baby hangs in the balance.
Victor develops a surprising curiosity.
Nick and Phyllis make plans for an unorthodox wedding.
The stress of Dru's impending trial draws her closer to Neil.

LAUREN GOES INTO EARLY LABOR ON Y&R

Michael and a pregnant Lauren's dreams of a happy family life begin to fall apart this week on Y&R. First, Paul comes to Lauren with news that her nemesis, Sheila, is alive in Argentina and has been going by the name "Lauren Scott". Next, Lauren realizes that her husband stole Jack's emails, and the ensuing heated argument sends Lauren into premature labor.

"It's devastating," sighs Christian LeBlanc (Michael). "As a kid, he walked away from Kevin and left him to all this abuse and didn't protect him. He left his mother and didn't protect her. And now something he did might have actually damaged his own son and wife."

LeBlanc isn't surprised that Michael's dark side has come back to bite him. "The writers have been great about him keeping up his dark side - that kind of stuff doesn't go away," the actor says. "Jack did all of these things to his mother, which jolted him."

Does he regret fighting Jack? "As far as he's concerned, Jack amped up the rivalry," LeBlanc notes. "Michael's relationship with Gloria is twisted, but still, she's his mother. When he saw someone purposely hurting her, that set Michael into motion. He just never expected it to take this turn."

Michael does what he can to care for Lauren, who is not in good shape. "All he can focus on is that Lauren and the baby make it through. He'll do anything - anything - to ensure that," says LeBlanc. But it might be too late for both Lauren and the baby because her condition deteriorates.

FIRED Y&R VET: IT'S A MISTAKE

At Y&R, a veteran exec is dumped by a new leader with a different vision. Sounds like cutthroat corporate maneuvering over at Newman Enterprises, right? But that's what recently happened to longtime HW Jack Smith, who was fired last month when Lynn Marie Latham, already the show's top scribe, added Executive Producer to her title.

"2006 [has been] filled with a lot of irony and pain," says Smith. "In January, Lynn was put in charge [as head writer] and almost the same day that happened, my son, Dylan, who never smoked or drank and lived a very healthy lifestyle, took ill with a very aggressive cancer. So I felt nothing but gratitude when Lynn took over because that freed me up to spend precious time with my son in his last months on earth. That's something I wouldn't have been able to do if I had been still running that show."

Before the illness, Smith had begun writing a musical. "As I spent more time with my son, I drew artistically from that painful experience and poured my energies into my musical," he says. "At the same time, I was editing scripts for Y&R and liaisoning between the writing staff and production, just bringing some calm to some very stormy waters over there. More and more, I was becoming disenfranchised, but I don't say that as a victim because I don't feel victimized. After Dylan's death in June, I continued to work on the musical and Lynn continued to strengthen her hold over the show, and it became apparent that she wanted to remove me. In September, they gave me notice. I understand where she is coming from, but I think it's a mistake. Whether it was needed or not needed, it was very disruptive to the cast, the staff, the crew, everybody."

Smith, who started writing for Y&R in 1978, is hardly down for the count. "I've been offered a very good position at Bold & Beautiful," he says. "I'm committed to finishing the musical, and a Broadway producer already wants to produce it. So I'm taking a little break and deciding what I want to do with my life professionally. I don't feel any bitterness toward Lynn or the show. I wish them all well."

Casting About/Grapevine (these mags just love to tease me about my hottie Shemar! I would love him to return)

With Chrstel Khalil resuming the role of Lily on Y&R, could Shemar Moore (Malcom) be returning as well? The show had no comment...

Injured: Adrienne Leon (Colleen) hurt her ankle while walking the red carpet at a charity event that she co-hosted with Greg Rikaart (Kevin). The injury will be written into the show; like Leon, Colleen will be on crutches.

Y&R Foster Resigns

Producer/Director Kathy Foster has left Y&R after nearly 21 years. "It has been an honor to be a part of William Bell's legacy," she notes. "I will forever be grateful to both Ed [Scott, supervising producer] and the Bell family." Foster says that behind-the-scenes changes did not influence her decision. "I've been wanting to try my own things for a while and now seemed like the time to do it. I still have a great relationship with the show."
Letter printed from someone who says he's not impressed with Michael and that the writers have made the Fisher family very unlikable, wants Gloria to pay for what she's done, etc.

Mail Bag: Y&R's faster pace continues to win over fans. "I have been watching since 1992 and I love the new Y&R. I feel I might miss something if I don't watch every day. I haven't felt like this about Y&R in years," praises a happy viewer.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
MST Manager

Jack is the shiz-nit! I love him.

Thanks for all the spoilage, Nova.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

your very welcome NikNak
Old 10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

SOW:

FIRED STARLET SOUNDS OFF

Davetta Sherwood, who was fired from Y&R on Sept. 26, is speaking out about her sudden exit.

"I have to admit, I took a deep breath when I got the news that I would no longer have to hurt b4 and after work because of the lack of love flowing in the studio," remarks Sherwood on her MySpace page. But then..."The sigh of relief quickly turned into a cry...tears, when I checked mail...You all really love me!"

When SOW contacted Sherwood to elaborate on the "lack of love" comment, she responded, "The people at Y&R are great. They are beautiful people with beautiful families. But it's tense and we all know what can happen when good people get frustrated in tense situations."

In the MySpace letter, Sherwood added, "I have yet to be informed of the "reasoning behind this firing..." nor have I been informed by anyone at CBS. My agent told me. I suppose that bothers me and I don't think it's right or fair. But my future is bigger than that! Im [sic] ok! Brighter than any of their studio lights!"

Y&R had no comment.

SHEILA'S TOP SECRET RETURN!

Lauren's life hangs in the balance this week on Y&R, as she battles a staph infection. Paging Nurse Sheila!

"During the infection, she starts hallucinating that Sheila has walked into her room," previews the patient, Tracey E. Bregman. "but it's just a nurse. Michael makes her realize it's not Sheila. Lauren is completely engrossed in what's going on with the baby," which is in the ICU. "At one point, Michael doesn't know who's going to make it and who's not."

Luckily, the doctors get the staph infection under control, and Lauren is finally able to see her baby boy.

As for the looming threat of Sheila, Lauren wants to be certain her murdering archrival won't return to steal the baby, so she and Michael ask Paul to track her down. "They uncover some information that freaks Lauren out, but then it makes her feel better," teases Bregman.

Does that mean Sheila is coming back? Or is she gone forever? "Here's the thing," hedges Bregman. "I had a line today where I say Sheila was able to get to Lauren and her son, no matter what. Nothing ever stopped her. So Lauren is not sure that Sheila will ever give up."

VET'S BOLD MOVE

B&B is wooing former Y&R co-HW Jack Smith to join its writing team.

While Smith declined to discuss the B&B deal at press time, he was talking about his exit from Y&R. "I have no bitterness at all," insists Smith, who was ousted by new HW Lynn Marie Latham.

"What I'm going to miss most is everybody involved in the show. I formed a collaborative team with the actors and producers and office people and camera guys and, ultimately, with the writers as well. We were clicking when this happened. I brought everybody into the creative process. That's what I'm most proud of."

Which character will Smith miss most? "Probably Michael Baldwin," he admits. "I've got a soft spot in my heart for all of them, though. For Nikki, for Victor...I'm close personal friends with Eric Braeden and Melody [Thomas Scott]. I'll still see everyone.

Smith's exit has sparked rumors that longtime co-HW Kay Alden will be the next to go. The status of supervising producer Ed Scott is also rumored to be in question now that Josh Griffith, who has been named co-EP, has reportedly taken over the control booth.

Y&R had no comment.
Revolving Door
Update
At press time, Y&R still wasn't releasing Christel Khalil's first airdate as Lily.

Although Khalil started taping Sept. 28 - "My first scenes are with Neil, Devon, Daniel and Phyllis," reports the actress - insiders say the show might reshoot key scenes that were already in the can with Davetta Sherwood.

Meanwhile, Victoria Rowell is finally commenting on the recast situation. "Christel is a good actress. She's always done the part justice," says Rowell. "I enjoyed working with Davetta. I felt she complemented the Winters family and, most definitely, the mother-daughter relationship. There was a gritty elegance about Davetta that mirrored Drucilla. I was sorry to hear she was no longer a part of the cast and I wish her the best in all her future endeavors."

Ins/Outs
Emily O'Brien (Jana) has been put on contract

Buzz

Tired of seeing Jess Walton (Jill) on the backburner on Y&R? Well, insiders say the show has a "huge" storyline planned for the popular vet.

The List - Comments from the Peanut Gallery
1. Pitch Problem. Maybe Devon went deaf because he kept CBS on after Y&R and caught GL's Olivia and ATWT's Emily shrieking. (LOL)

Blind Item
Which exiting actress got a little testy when one of her co-stars failed to show up for taping after a liquid lunch? The execs gave her tardy co-star's lines to an extra so taping wouldn't be held up, prompting the actress to point out that she is always on time, yet she got the boot. Hey, nobody ever said showbiz was fair.
Sneak Peeks

Week of Oct. 16
Victor is curious about Jack's relationship with the new owner of Jabot.
Devon lashes out at Dru and Neil.
Dru's impending trial brings her closer to Neil.
Jana flirts with Billy.
CAN'T MISS - Fri. Oct. 20 - Phyllis saddles up for a unique wedding to Nick.

Week of Oct. 23
The opening of Indigo is a real killer.
Lauren can't believe her eyes.
Phyllis and Nick take a very important (two)step.

MISS - Y&R's Identity Crises

Y&R fans are dying to know whose identity Sheila stole, but its anybody's guess, really. Because everyone is acting odd these days.

We covered Phyllis (who is doting and flat) in a recent Miss, so let's move on to Katherine. When did she become so interested in business? The Katherine we used to know rarely left the Chancellor estate. She couldn't care less about Chancellor Industries (let alone Jabot) and got her kicks by abusing Esther, fighting with Jill or missing her beautiful Rex. Having her work side by side with Jill (in perfect harmony!), be nice to Esther and not remember Rex or pine for a new man has sucked the life out of our beloved Mrs. C.

Next up? Dru. Her downward spiral has been inspiring, and Victoria Rowell is giving smashing performances. But what was up with those therapy sessions? Yes, they were court-mandated, but Dru showed up looking like a New York socialite and got all weepy and introspective. And how much is Dru going to take from Neil? The old Dru would have shown him the door. Her moving to the ranch to live with Sharon is about as believable as Sharon having an affair with Jack.

Speaking of which...Forget the Sheila switch, did Sharon assume Phyllis' identity? Sharon has turned into a superficial sex kitten. After blasting Nick for his affair, she slept with Brad and now Jack. What in the world do Sharon and Jack have in common? The old Sharon would still be fighting for Nick. And she'd probably be winning.

Which brings us to Ashley, suddenly a cold, calculating woman consumed with business, like Katherine. The fact that she has shown Gloria no sympathy, considering how much John loved his wife, makes Ashley look so shallow. She also blasted Brad for keeping the truth about his past from her. Did Ash want Brad to tell the world the truth about the Nazis so Abby's life would be in danger? And speaking of keeping secrets, didn't Ashley lie to Brad about Abby's paternity for years? Oy.

We get that there's a new writing team, but the throughline has to stay the same for at least some of the characters. When Phyllis is baking cookies and Victor is playing with puppies, it's time to take stock.

Public Opinion - more complaining about John's death and Gloria not getting busted.

Mail Call - Y&R - Victoria needs to send Brad packing.

Performer of the Week is Nathaniel Marston of OLTL
Carolyn's Corner is with Phil Carey of OLTL
FYI is with Judi Evans of DOOL
Old 10-16-2006, 01:10 PM
MST Manager

It's tough when an actor/actress loses their job, but I just wasn't feeling Davetta as Lily, or as a good actress, personally. Best of luck to her, though.

Thanks for the spoilage, Nova.