Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I read about the aliens being late to the colonization party because of the mayan calendar corresponding to 2015 in "earth time" or something like that. It came out in an article about the revival during the summer, can't remember from where, there was so many of them.

Speculation wise, they could also say the colonozation has begun, just on a small scale and there is still time to stop it?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:09 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweets and video.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Find Out the Truth About Mulder & Scully's Relationship in a New The X-Files Sneak Peek | E! Online
Quote:
Find Out the Truth About Mulder & Scully's Relationship in a New The X-Files Sneak Peek
In less than four short weeks, Mulder and Scully will be back on the case when Fox's reboot of The X-Files premieres. In anticipation of that fateful moment, the network put together a 21-minute behind-the-scenes featurette all about the making of the latest, six-episode installment of their story. You can watch the delightful sneak peek above, and below, seven important bits of info we gleaned from the special.

Beware: There are spoilers ahead. Mild ones, since they're coming directly from creator Chris Carter and stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny themselves and you know they wouldn't spill too much, but still—there are definitely spoilers. So if you want to go in blind, bookmark this and come back after the series premieres on Sunday, Jan. 24. Ready? Okay.

1. Mulder and Scully are NOT together. Sorry. It's kind of a bummer, but Carter says you'll learn what has happened in their relationship. "Mulder and Scully for nine years had a platonic relationship. Even though we suggested they have a child together, we never saw them as a couple until the second movie where we saw them definitely together. When we come back to them in the new series, we will have been honest to their new relationship previously but we now find them in another state," he says. Now, seven or eight years later, "time has been difficult for their relationship. We will investigate what's happened in that time."

Adds Anderson, "I think that where we find Mulder and Scully perfectly delivers us into a similar dynamic that we've had before—which is huge intimacy and appreciation, and yet frustration—but still love and care, and potential."

2. The first and last episodes will be told from the point of view of one half of the duo. While the premiere, "My Struggle," will focus on Mulder, the sixth, also called "My Struggle," will follow Scully.

3. There's a good mix of standalone and mythology-heavy episodes. Says executive producers Glen Morgan, "We always tried to have kind of a human element. It was always tied to how it affected Mulder and Scully as human beings, and it's the same here. They're going through all these weird stories but the throughline is them confronting their age and confronting their life choices."

4. Anderson and Duchovny are still old friends. They totally love each other—just watch the special for adorable shots of them giggling together like no time has passed.

5. Meet the new characters! Joel McHale's Tad O'Malley, a conservative radio host, is the person who sets the new story in motion. "He is very conservative but his ideas about conspiracy theories match up exactly with Mulder's. My character wants to get a hold of Mulder and that's how it starts," he explains." I start a ball rolling that turns into a boulder." Annet Mahendru stars as Sveta, a woman who has been abducted by aliens multiple times.

6. Skinner's back! And he will really be helping Mulder and Scully with their investigation. "After a certain point, he realized that what these two agents were trying to do was to bring the truth out, so Skinner eventually became their champion. He still is a company man, but perhaps not looked on with favor," says Mitch Pileggi, who plays the FBI assistant director.

7. The Cigarette Smoking Man is also back. Yes, Carter is aware that this does not make sense, considering he died in the series finale. But Carter says that his return will be explained. "We are playing with this mythology in a whole new way," he teases.

The X-Files premieres Sunday, Jan. 24 at 10 p.m. on Fox, and moves the following day to its regular Mondays at 8 p.m. time slot.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
Yes the invasion was planned for december 2012, i think.
Maybe Mulder and Scully were better off staying on that island they were rowing to at the end of movie 2.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Five days away from the return.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

Wow.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So what do you think of the episode?
Old 01-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed it....

my dad believes some of that stuff minus the government using alien technology/ DNA

I get disability support from the government...so "I don't bite the hand that feeds me"
Old 01-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

I pretty much enjoyed it. Can't say I was too shocked about the Alien DNA being used. The Government doesn't shock me even if it's in fiction . Loved seeing Mulder and Scully back on my screen still have the same amount of chemistry they always did. Can't wait for tonight.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 01-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘X-Files’ Ratings: Revival Premiere Performance — How Many Watched? | TVLine

Quote:
Ratings: The X-Files Gets Off to a Spooky-Good Start
By Michael Ausiello

A whole lot of people still believe.

The opening installment of Fox’s six-hour X-Files revival drew an impressive 13.5 million total viewers on Sunday night during its first half-hour (starting around 10:25 pm), leading out of a well-watched (if lop-sided) NFC Championship game (which delivered north of 40 million viewers).

For comparison’s sake, The X-Files debuted in September 1993 to 12 million total viewers, while its 2002 series finale drew 13.3 million. A year ago, CBS’ Scorpion led out of the Colts/Patriots AFC Championship clash with an audience of 12.3 million (paired with a 3.2 demo rating).

In the demo, The X-Files scored a 5.1 rating in its first half-hour; fuller ratings are still to come later today.

TVLine readers gave the mythology-heavy episode an average grade of “B+.” Part 2 of the premiere airs tonight at 8/7c.

Broadcast TV’s only other original Sunday offering, ABC’s Galavant, did 2.1 mil and a 0.5, dipping a tenth to a new series low.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Now that was a great episode of TV wow. Honestly can Fox just give this a 22 episode run or 16 right now? The ratings for their network are awful and this show delivered great ratings.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

What did everyone think of the episode?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did love seeing them on screen again and hearing the theme score again certainly warmed my heart, but thought the story was okay.

Haven't watched the second episode yet, but I'll catch up.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the episode pic.