Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I hated they Scully had to give him up in Season 9 and I didn't think it was really necessary. One of the many reasons I don't like Season 9. So I'm happy they are going to adress this and William apparently will be back.

~Susanne ~
Old 11-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
According to the last promo, it seems William will be back
the x-files
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Like it or not, Mulder and Scully had a son and they had to give him up. It's not something that can be swept under the rug. Unless turning Mulder and Scully into masquerades of characters, a la Rory and Amy in Doctor Who whose baby was kidnapped and who in the next episode were back to normal. I prefer the William plot to be adressed, even if it's to give it closure, like he is normal and happy and his parents just watch him from afar. That would please me. If there's another plot for him, I'll wait to see it to judge it.
Wait! What? They had a son and gave him up?? How did I miss this!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
Wait! What? They had a son and gave him up?? How did I miss this!
Yes they had a son under mysterious circumstances.

Scully got pregnant (although she is supposedly barren) at the end of the seventh season, was pregnant throughout season eight and gave birth during the season finale. She gave the baby up during season nine so he would remain safe since he had alien-like powers. I think it's also mentionned that she doesn't know by whom he was adopted so that people threatening her or Mulder would not be able to extract that information from them.

Although it is never made crystal clear in the show that Mulder is William's father, it was confirmed by Chris Carter himself. Mulder also refers to William as "our son" in I Want To Believe while talking to Scully.

PS: William is also a big plot points in the X-Files comics which followed the events of season nine.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Forgot all that. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikolab (View Post)
Yes they had a son under mysterious circumstances. Scully got pregnant (although she is supposedly barren) at the end of the seventh season, was pregnant throughout season eight and gave birth during the season finale. She gave the baby up during season nine so he would remain safe since he had alien-like powers. I think it's also mentionned that she doesn't know by whom he was adopted so that people threatening her or Mulder would not be able to extract that information from them. Although it is never made crystal clear in the show that Mulder is William's father, it was confirmed by Chris Carter himself. Mulder also refers to William as "our son" in I Want To Believe while talking to Scully. PS: William is also a big plot points in the X-Files comics which followed the events of season nine.
Thanks for explaining! But why the baby have powers?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
Thanks for explaining! But why the baby have powers?
A lot of the answers to the questions about William, his existence and his powers pretty much have to be guessed according to the mythology of the show. Aka, it is never made crystal clear. Maybe it will be explained further in the revival. But as viewers the info whe have is that:

1) It would've been impossible for Scully to become pregnant through unprotected sexual intercourse with Mulder since she had no ovas left from her abduction in season 2. The aliens/government took them all but one.

2) She attempted in vitro fertilization with Mulder's sperm at some point since she had one viable ova left but it failed and she was declared barren by her gynecologist.

3) Therefore, for her to become pregnant an embryo from one of her fertilized ova had to have been implanted into her by the aliens/government somehow, although it is never revealed when, how or why such a thing was done and if it was even done. However, Scully could not have become pregnant unless such a thing happened. The barren thing is shoved far down our throats to reenforce that.

4) It is widely discussed in the show that aliens/the government have been experimenting with ovas from female abductess for years and have been mixing alien and human genes to fertilize said embryos in order to create a hybrid race able to survive colonization. (If you remember that Scully had a daughter for a hot minute, she was one of those fertilized embryos)

5) So since William has alien-like powers, the only logical explanataion (imo)is that Scully was implanted with an hybrid embryo from one of her ovas that was fertilized with Mulder's sperm and alien genes which resulted in William and as I recall he was one of the first, if not the first, successfull alien/human hybrid, which is why he had powers and why he wasn't safe.

It was a messy messy plotline that brought up many sentimental moments and kinda made the MS relationship move forward, but overall it raised a lot more questions than answers.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A lot of the answers to the questions about William, his existence and his powers pretty much have to be guessed according to the mythology of the show. Aka, it is never made crystal clear. Maybe it will be explained further in the revival. But as viewers the info whe have is that: 1) It would've been impossible for Scully to become pregnant through unprotected sexual intercourse with Mulder since she had no ovas left from her abduction in season 2. The aliens/government took them all but one. 2) She attempted in vitro fertilization with Mulder's sperm at some point since she had one viable ova left but it failed and she was declared barren by her gynecologist. 3) Therefore, for her to become pregnant an embryo from one of her fertilized ova had to have been implanted into her by the aliens/government somehow, although it is never revealed when, how or why such a thing was done and if it was even done. However, Scully could not have become pregnant unless such a thing happened. The barren thing is shoved far down our throats to reenforce that. 4) It is widely discussed in the show that aliens/the government have been experimenting with ovas from female abductess for years and have been mixing alien and human genes to fertilize said embryos in order to create a hybrid race able to survive colonization. (If you remember that Scully had a daughter for a hot minute, she was one of those fertilized embryos) 5) So since William has alien-like powers, the only logical explanataion (imo)is that Scully was implanted with an hybrid embryo from one of her ovas that was fertilized with Mulder's sperm and alien genes which resulted in William and as I recall he was one of the first, if not the first, successfull alien/human hybrid, which is why he had powers and why he wasn't safe. It was a messy messy plotline that brought up many sentimental moments and kinda made the MS relationship move forward, but overall it raised a lot more questions than answers.
Thank you for this!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad that William will be back!
Old 11-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A lot of the answers to the questions about William, his existence and his powers pretty much have to be guessed according to the mythology of the show. Aka, it is never made crystal clear. Maybe it will be explained further in the revival. But as viewers the info whe have is that:
^Thanks for this.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last edited by CityGal; 12-01-2015 at 11:08 PM
Old 12-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgnhIkAsfHA">YouTube Link</a>
Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the tweets and video.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 12-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Shouldn't the aliens have retaken the planet by now?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Shouldn't the aliens have retaken the planet by now?
Yes the invasion was planned for december 2012, i think.