Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★ darling, just hold on ★ (View Post)
They can have Negan be alive while still progressing the story at an even pace The most that really happened this half of the season was Dwight outing himself as the traitor and Carl dying Everything else is pretty much the same as it was all of last season I just feel like the last few seasons have really dragged... I don't know, maybe that is just me
One of the only thing i liked this half season: Dwight & his development. I'm interested in seeing him getting in Rick's group now.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They can have Negan be alive while still progressing the story at an even pace The most that really happened this half of the season was Dwight outing himself as the traitor and Carl dying Everything else is pretty much the same as it was all of last season I just feel like the last few seasons have really dragged... I don't know, maybe that is just me
Killing Carl is going to be proven to be a big mistake . Carl's plotline connect to Negan, and (in the comic book) is the only reason why Rick work with Negan in the future. So it makes absolutely no sense to kill Carl off ( a character that has a huge fan base) and keep Negan ( a character that most people straight up hate.). It's like they are actually trying to kill the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madani (View Post)
It’s not you at all.

This show has become a hot mess, and it hurts me but the last few seasons have been truly awful.

It hasn’t even been renewed for a 9th season yet. They need to wrap it up.

I’m not sure Andy wants to stay for that long anyway, especially since he sees no point in continuing without Rick having his son.
Andy already stated that he might not be back for season 9. Hell, the rating has dropped down real low from what it was in the previous season, and it expected to drop even lower once the show return with Carl dying and Morgan leaving , ( possibility killed off).

It was rumored that Chandler Riggs was killed off because they refuse to give the actor a raise along with everyone else.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)

Andy already stated that he might not be back for season 9.
Really? Then you know how he's get written off...another death...
Old 12-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Really? Then you know how he's get written off...another death...
Riggs/Carl was originally supposed to take over as lead once Andrew Lincoln leave.

Child Star's dad causing problems
Child Star’s Dad Causing Problems
Old 12-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Opening scene of 8x09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIUyTBeEFQ
Old 01-05-2018, 09:24 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Thanks.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

If they killed off Carl then why is he in the promotional photos?

8B promo photos
Old 02-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
If they killed of Carl then why is he in the promotional photos?

8B promo photos
Because they are dragging it out to make it as painful as possible.

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

oh that's not good. I really liked Carl. I haven't had a change to watch the current season yet so I didn't know he was in danger of dying.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Killing Carl is going to be proven to be a big mistake . Carl's plotline connect to Negan, and (in the comic book) is the only reason why Rick work with Negan in the future. So it makes absolutely no sense to kill Carl off ( a character that has a huge fan base) and keep Negan ( a character that most people straight up hate.). It's like they are actually trying to kill the show.
I don't really follow this show anymore as I stopped being a fan after Beth and barely kept watching, but my boyfriend does (he's really behind now, though, he's not really into it anymore) and I still occasionally keep up with what's going on in it...

I was still following it around the build up to Negan and the entire attitude around it from TPTB was complete arrogance that Negan would be the best thing the show's ever seen, and that the audience would be praising the character and the story to the skies as the most awesome villain ever. He was incredibly over-hyped in the most obnoxious way.

And since then, the ratings have fallen off the cliff.

This is an excellent case study in how what works so well for the comics and what's popular in them (Negan - many comic fans loved him) doesn't always translate to the general audience. And TWD had a massive mainstream general audience that seemed to be over Negan not long after he arrived.

But while the ratings have fallen so far, they seem to be doubling down on continuing with Negan.

After Carl's death...it will be interesting to see those ratings. Ouch.

~Kat
Old 02-14-2018, 05:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I don't really follow this show anymore as I stopped being a fan after Beth and barely kept watching, but my boyfriend does (he's really behind now, though, he's not really into it anymore) and I still occasionally keep up with what's going on in it...

I was still following it around the build up to Negan and the entire attitude around it from TPTB was complete arrogance that Negan would be the best thing the show's ever seen, and that the audience would be praising the character and the story to the skies as the most awesome villain ever. He was incredibly over-hyped in the most obnoxious way.

And since then, the ratings have fallen off the cliff.

This is an excellent case study in how what works so well for the comics and what's popular in them (Negan - many comic fans loved him) doesn't always translate to the general audience. And TWD had a massive mainstream general audience that seemed to be over Negan not long after he arrived.

But while the ratings have fallen so far, they seem to be doubling down on continuing with Negan.

After Carl's death...it will be interesting to see those ratings. Ouch.

I agree, the rating are going to continue to fall unless they do something quick. It's bad enough that they think the audience will continue to watch their favorite characters get their ass kick by Negan week after week , but than they think killing off beloved characters in the middle of a all out war is supposed to keep people watching. ..they do not know there audience. But the biggest mistake is that they are planning on have Rick and Negan become friends after Carl's death because Carl wanted it that way. ... that's not going to work. In the comic book Rick and Negan became friends because Negan bonded with Carl when he took Carl hostage to insure that Rick do not launched another attack on the saviour's compound.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But the biggest mistake is that they are planning on have Rick and Negan become friends after Carl's death because Carl wanted it that way. ... that's not going to work. In the comic book Rick and Negan became friends because Negan bonded with Carl when he took Carl hostage to insure that Rick do not launched another attack on the saviour's compound.
That doesn't make sense. It was weird how they changed Carl's trajectory to fit his death. Last season he had no problem killing Saviors etc. What happened in the comics would have been so much better. Shame they didn't go that route.

He "follows" the comics by killing Glenn but doesn't follow them and kills Carl.

I decided to stop watching after Carl's death and I'm happy with that decision. For those still enjoying it, that's good too.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have read hints that they will show /let Carl turn and use zombie Carl to kill a few of Negan’s group . To follow the TV storyline Rick needs to do the knife to the head after Carl dies . Only if the above rumored storyline isn’t done .

As for a few above posts , yes there are a few different stories as to why Chandler was killed off .. hey chandler is enrolled in college and did at least one movie role . The show has changed showrunners for next season , which starts filming in April.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I have read hints that they will show /let Carl turn and use zombie Carl to kill a few of Negan’s group . To follow the TV storyline Rick needs to do the knife to the head after Carl dies . Only if the above rumored storyline isn’t done .

As for a few above posts , yes there are a few different stories as to why Chandler was killed off .. hey chandler is enrolled in college and did at least one movie role . The show has changed showrunners for next season , which starts filming in April.
But basically Chandler Riggs was fired according to his dad. Read:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-from-the.html

The so called reasoning to kill Carl:
Quote:
You say it makes sense. What did Scott say was his reasoning for doing it, because contrary to what some fans may think, he does not kill main characters lightly?
His reasoning behind it was that in the comics after All-Out War, Negan gets taken prisoner, so to figure out a way to make Rick not want to kill Negan would be to have Carl see things from a different perspective and try to push those ideals onto Rick. That was kind of touched on in the flashback where Carl is talking to Rick about how they can’t kill every one of the Saviors and not everyone is a bad person.

Because even Carl has grown so much over the past eight seasons and evolved into this whole new person — especially from seasons 3 and 4 where he was this coldblooded murderer to now this person who can see the good light in other people. I think episode 9 is really going to focus on Carl trying to teach Rick as much as he can about what he has learned and show him that people can change.
The Walking Dead: Chandler Riggs opens up about massive twist | EW.com
Old 02-15-2018, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

The so called reasoning to kill Carl:
Sounds fake but ok.

Philanthropist.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread