Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon and Stefan singing I would die
Old 03-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
If they even think about doing a musical episode next season, I swear I'm gonna flip *****
JP will copy Buffy yet again.

Everybody who loves TVD and never saw Buffy need to watch it.

TVD is really a Buffy ripoff.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-26-2015, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Damon and Stefan singing I would die
Damon would probably burst into "Blurred Lines" while Stefan would sing "Caroline, No" by The Beach Boys. Elena would look in a mirror and sing a mashup of "Thinking Out Loud" and "Somebody That I Used To Know".
Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Damon would probably burst into "Blurred Lines" while Stefan would sing "Caroline, No" by The Beach Boys. Elena would look in a mirror and sing a mashup of "Thinking Out Loud" and "Somebody That I Used To Know".
No JP will write her own songs.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

I think the synopsis for 6x18 hints at Elena turning human again in the final just as Stefan gets his humanity back. Even as they push forward with SC, it is increasingly obvious that they intend to revisit the triangle very soon.

I don't see how it is a Buffy rip off. Every show of this nature has overlapping plotlines. On the whole though, I think JP knows she isn't good enough to try to copy Buffy.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so now they're ripping off buffy?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

New episodes titles.

Episode 6.20 - I'd Leave My Happy Home For You
Episode 6.21 - I'll Wed You In The Golden

Upcoming Episode Titles - Various Shows - 26th March 2015 | Spoilers
Old 03-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think the synopsis for 6x18 hints at Elena turning human again in the final just as Stefan gets his humanity back. Even as they push forward with SC, it is increasingly obvious that they intend to revisit the triangle very soon.

I don't see how it is a Buffy rip off. Every show of this nature has overlapping plotlines. On the whole though, I think JP knows she isn't good enough to try to copy Buffy.
JP has said she was inspired by Joss.

JP calls Damon/Elena her version of Spike/Buffy.

Elena compared to Buffy.

Stefan locked in the box and thrown to a watery grave (like Angel) The whole baby plot with Hayley and Klaus (like Darla and Angel) Silas appearing as people to other people (Like the First missing only the fact that they have to be dead on Buffy and not TVD), Bonnie getting into the Dark Magic (Like Willow in season 6) Liz's sickness (like Joyce) Vampire Experiments (Initiative) Stefan The Ripper (like Angel/Angelus)

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-26-2015 at 09:25 AM
Old 03-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
Hayley 2.0? Umm, I think the point is that thinking of children is supposed to be a foreshadow of her wanting to be human or becoming human again, it's not a hint of her getting knocked up.
But what's the point when they only make her human to revisit the triangle where she can't get pregnant because the guys would still be vampires? She has no problem anymore with "forever" apart from that.

I'm sure this will only sound ridiculous again when Elena suddenly makes Jo being pregnant, treating victims of Steroline about "I will never have children" (and that can also happen to her when she's human). So I dislike the trigger/timing I guess.

Quote:
I also don't understand your question. How is that a plot problem at all? Not everyone goes to adoption when they aren't able to make kids, there are many people who want the experience of having a baby or holding their own flesh and blood, it's not always about just wanting a child, so I see nothing wrong with Rebekah having that dream, Elena as well.
Of course not everyone wants to adopt (although I think Rebecca seemed okay with Hope) but I do think most of them could have a normal life/something like Elenas vision if they try harder.

Quote:
Killing Tyler or Matt would do nothing for Caroline if her humanity is supposed to come back.
It's simply boring to threaten main characters as the suspense and since Stefan and Caroline were fine with killing people before or letting them get killed (with humanity) I would think only killing someone close could make a huge guilt story believable.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Total Fan

Zach has the best job. Gets paid shtloads for barely having to do anything and appearing like every 6 episodes.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel25 (View Post)
But what's the point when they only make her human to revisit the triangle where she can't get pregnant because the guys would still be vampires? She has no problem anymore with "forever" apart from that.

I'm sure this will only sound ridiculous again when Elena suddenly makes Jo being pregnant, treating victims of Steroline about "I will never have children" (and that can also happen to her when she's human). So I dislike the trigger/timing I guess.

Of course not everyone wants to adopt (although I think Rebecca seemed okay with Hope) but I do think most of them could have a normal life/something like Elenas vision if they try harder.

It's simply boring to threaten main characters as the suspense and since Stefan and Caroline were fine with killing people before or letting them get killed (with humanity) I would think only killing someone close could make a huge guilt story believable.
I'm sorry but I don't think you got the point at all, Elena thinking about pregnancy isn't going to foreshadow her wanting a child or having one, the point of it is to show that she might want to be human again. As for the guys, for all we know, there's probably another cure or new way to make someone else human, but that's not even the point, because Jo's pregnancy is just meant to make Elena miss mortality period.

You don't have to retort to adoption if you want a normal life, your post suggested that they made such a big deal out of wanting their own children, making adoption sound like an easy option to get over it. So no, I don't think you understood the difference. Hope is also not a fair example since that is still Rebekah's flesh and blood, it's the closest she has to a real daughter.

Now, if you think Caroline self loathing herself for killing a close friend after her humanity is back, is a great story, then to each their own.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
JP has said she was inspired by Joss.

JP calls Damon/Elena her version of Spike/Buffy.

Elena compared to Buffy.

Stefan locked in the box and thrown to a watery grave (like Angel) The whole baby plot with Hayley and Klaus (like Darla and Angel) Silas appearing as people to other people (Like the First missing only the fact that they have to be dead on Buffy and not TVD), Bonnie getting into the Dark Magic (Like Willow in season 6) Liz's sickness (like Joyce) Vampire Experiments (Initiative) Stefan The Ripper (like Angel/Angelus)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there was also a storyline in Buffy where Angel or someone had the chance of becoming human again. I can't remember exactly how it went but he ended up going back in time or something to change it so it didn't happen? And again correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure during parts of Buffy there were talks of cures and whatnot. I can't help but feel incredibly insulted and like WTF is wrong with you woman when JP says DE are her version of SB when they're just on to completely different paths. But there are a shtload of similarities between Buffy & this show & I'm suprised more people haven't commented on it & JP hasn't had a plagirism claim against her.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there was also a storyline in Buffy where Angel or someone had the chance of becoming human again. I can't remember exactly how it went but he ended up going back in time or something to change it so it didn't happen? And again correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure during parts of Buffy there were talks of cures and whatnot. I can't help but feel incredibly insulted and like WTF is wrong with you woman when JP says DE are her version of SB when they're just on to completely different paths. But there are a shtload of similarities between Buffy & this show & I'm suprised more people haven't commented on it & JP hasn't had a plagirism claim against her.
That was a storyline in Angel. Some monster makes Angel human (I forget how) but this leads to Buffy's death?? (forgive me, I haven't watched this episode in a long time) so Angel gets help from these mystical beings to go back in time and kill the monster before it can kill Buffy, thus preventing him from becoming human.

I remember JP also comparing Klaroline to Bangel because of the spin off.

I don't agree with Jeremy = Dawn. If anything, Elena is TVD's Dawn. Both girls start off as normal teen girls who find out they're the key to something big, which puts them in danger. Everyone sacrificed to protect Dawn in s5 just as everyone always does for Elena. Both girls are also kind of whiny and self-centered.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel25 (View Post)

You do realize Caroline blackmailed Stefan into becoming the one thing he hates most? And that once that happened, Stefan took away Caroline's control and lead her on a path of destruction? And that most of their guilt will stem from what they did to each other?

There is no need to kill a main character. Stefan and Caroline's guilt levels will be massive regardless and it's completely believable. Stefan taught Caroline self-control? Well now he's responsible for her losing it. Caroline was Stefan's sober sponsor? Well now she led him to become the ripper again. The writers are slowly but surely taking away the entire foundation of their friendship. That kinda says it all.

*And that's why I wish people would stop believing the writers' nonsense. You don't spend years building a friendship only to tear it down before a romance ever really begins to sell a story of true love. You do it to sell a story of friendship that never should've become something more because the second it did, it lost everything it stood for.

Last edited by AlwaysBL; 03-26-2015 at 11:16 AM
Old 03-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I don't agree with Jeremy = Dawn. If anything, Elena is TVD's Dawn. Both girls start off as normal teen girls who find out they're the key to something big, which puts them in danger. Everyone sacrificed to protect Dawn in s5 just as everyone always does for Elena. Both girls are also kind of whiny and self-centered.
At least Dawn went through some pretty good character development (in my opinion) in season 7 and was no longer the whiny little sister. Elena's done nothing but regress ever since season 3/4 and its been completely unbearable.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread