Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2016, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
It's not uncommon in the business and Dries and Narducci could simply pass the showrunner torch to other writers. Long story short, i still think tvd will have a short(er) last season.
But it is suspicious that all 3 showrunners would move on to new shows at this time, when ratings are at an all time low and both shows were moved to the death slot mid-season.
I think TVD may get a shortened final season (13 episodes at most) to wrap things up, but TO is a goner. The CW doesn't care about syndication, since none of their shows have ever been picked up anyway (except for TSC which only had 1 season.)
Old 01-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
But it is suspicious that all 3 showrunners would move on to new shows at this time, when ratings are at an all time low and both shows were moved to the death slot mid-season.
I think TVD may get a shortened final season (13 episodes at most) to wrap things up, but TO is a goner. The CW doesn't care about syndication, since none of their shows have ever been picked up anyway (except for TSC which only had 1 season.)
That is not true all of the CW shows that have made it to season 3 have all gotten a season 4 look at heart of Dixie so if I had to bet I would say TVD would be the one to go between Paul saying last year he didn't see the show going past 7, kat thinks they should stop at after seven as well rumours that Ian is also done (twitter remarks that his fans need to vote for him since this could be the last year for Damon) and that the cast only signed for one more year.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The CW doesn't care about syndication, since none of their shows have ever been picked up anyway (except for TSC which only had 1 season.)
Not sure if it counts as syndication but even though it's one of the lowest rated shows CW currently airs BATB does quite well internationally (which is the reason I believe it got a final short 4th season) with I think Watch in the UK airing new eps as well as old eps late at night/week day evenings. I do believe TVD is on its last legs (it has been for a while) and the dodgy writing, lack of continuity/retcons the list goes on doesn't help. From what I've read The CW is being more active in this years pilot season than last year, and I think they'll be left with an overly packed TV schedule so maybe this will be the year for TVD but I can't speak on TO cause I've never watched it.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
That is not true all of the CW shows that have made it to season 3 have all gotten a season 4 look at heart of Dixie so if I had to bet I would say TVD would be the one to go between Paul saying last year he didn't see the show going past 7, kat thinks they should stop at after seven as well rumours that Ian is also done (twitter remarks that his fans need to vote for him since this could be the last year for Damon) and that the cast only signed for one more year.
But syndication isn't 4 seasons, syndication is at least 88 episodes. HoD ended with 76 episodes and Nikita ended with 73. B&tB will end with about 70. So even if TO did get another season, it would most likely be short and wouldn't make it to syndication anyway. That's why I don't understand that argument.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I still think TVD is probably done between the low ratings, both kat and Ian have hinted they are done after this season and there is rumours that Matt may die before the end of the season as well the FF has everyone all over the place it seems this could be it as for TO I still think they will get a fourth season but I guess we will see
Old 01-27-2016, 04:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I still think TVD is probably done between the low ratings, both kat and Ian have hinted they are done after this season and there is rumours that Matt may die before the end of the season as well the FF has everyone all over the place it seems this could be it as for TO I still think they will get a fourth season but I guess we will see
I agree, there are a lot of signs. But the thing is no matter how weird this season has been, it certainly hasnt been written to be the last.

Like, what happens at the end of 722 ? They defeat the huntress, get the town back and that's it ? The characters are just going their separate ways ?

Even if they fix the flashforward thing, no one knows if Nina will return, so they might not be able to wrap up elena's story.

I don't see any build-up toward a somewhat decent ending.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
I agree, there are a lot of signs. But the thing is no matter how weird this season has been, it certainly hasnt been written to be the last.

Like, what happens at the end of 722 ? They defeat the huntress, get the town back and that's it ? The characters are just going their separate ways ?

Even if they fix the flashforward thing, no one knows if Nina will return, so they might not be able to wrap up elena's story.

I don't see any build-up toward a somewhat decent ending.
You are assuming that the show will give us a good ending or that Nina will come back yes Julie said she would but Nina was pretty clear a few weeks ago in her interview that TVD chapter for her is done.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

And once again, another page of discussion about nothing I care about. does anyone actually have any spoilers or speculation on spoilers ie. something interesting and thread relevant to talk about?!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You are assuming that the show will give us a good ending or that Nina will come back yes Julie said she would but Nina was pretty clear a few weeks ago in her interview that TVD chapter for her is done.
I'm assuming that JP and Co are going to try, yeah. Time will tell.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

New CD interview

The Vampire Diaries Scoop: Bad News for Steroline, Bamon and Just About Everyone - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 01-28-2016, 11:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode aired in Canada usual time last night. The ratings will probably suffer even more now with all the spoilers out there :/
Old 01-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Did they also air a trailer for the next episode? Cause hell, I need to see what happens after that!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does Julie know that Canada aired the episode?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Did they also air a trailer for the next episode? Cause hell, I need to see what happens after that!
I don't think that ending was real so no need to worry.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Kat hints at Bonnie/Nora & Bonnie/Enzo

'Vampire Diaries' Star Kat Graham on What to Expect (Video)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread