Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat/Michael have chemistry, so I think I'm liking Bonnie/Enzo.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
Kat/Michael have chemistry, so I think I'm liking Bonnie/Enzo.
Yeaaaah...I don't know. I've always liked Michael, but they've never really given him a good storyline. And with them making him moon over Caroline, and then Lily, and now in the future, Bonnie... I wish, for once, their storylines and ships would seem like they had planned them all along, instead of throwing together whatever characters are currently single. They're just trying to give us a version of Bamon, without pissing off the DE fans. Thus, Benzo.

~Katie~
Old 11-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does seem like they're trying to appease the Bamon fans by giving her someone Damon~esque, but I've never been a huge Bamon fan because Damon hasn't always treated Bonnie right, imo.

And I like what I saw tonight of Kat/Michael's chemistry. I don't think they will automatically pair Enzo with Bonnie straight out the gate, but I think they will start to have more scenes together and lead up to that.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Extended 7x06 Promo

Old 11-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new video.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Somebody on tumblr said that spoiler source that revealed about Valerie being pregnant, Jo's return, Bonenzo kiss, etc --- also revealed that Bonnie would be with both Enzo and Nora in the flash forwards. Anybody else hear anything about that?

Old 11-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Somebody on tumblr said that spoiler source that revealed about Valerie being pregnant, Jo's return, Bonenzo kiss, etc --- also revealed that Bonnie would be with both Enzo and Nora in the flash forwards. Anybody else hear anything about that?
I did, but that somebody just admitted she got wrong info and the Bonora spoiler isn't real.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Valerie is pregnant?
Old 11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Can you talk about the decision to put Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) together?
CAROLINE: We had this scene last year, in Episode 21, where Bonnie opens the door and Enzo was there and he has like an iPod and he is bringing some music that Lily likes, and Kat and Michael had such sparking chemistry in such a short, funny scene and we were like, “Huh, they actually have fun energy.” So we were like, “Let’s explore that relationship.” Of course, they have no reason to like each other, so in present-day we have just been telling their kind of “hate story,” and so the whole point is when you see them kissing in the future, you’re supposed to be like, “How do they get to there?!” Hopefully, it creates enough intrigue to keep you guessing.

So far, the flashforwards have been taking one character per episode. Is there going to be a point where you start to circle back to characters?
CAROLINE: Yeah. We’re just trying to hit where everyone is right now — which I know is frustrating because it takes so long to hit everyone, but it is just to give you a flavor of the world that we’re at and we will start to tell an actual linear story once you are oriented.

Going off of that, as you say, it’s just giving a taste of that world. How long are we going to have to wait?
CAROLINE: A while longer. It won’t be confusing really with what that plot line is, but we want to make it actually feel like there is something going on besides these little snippets that you could actually follow a story. So if you were to splice it all together and lay it out linearly, it would actually make sense and tell a little bit of a story, at least.

Can you talk a little bit about Alaric (Matt Davis) and I’m going to call her “Jo” (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) even though I don’t know who she is, and about their relationship moving forward? Can we expect him to accept her as this new kind of like a bodysnatching Faux Jo?
CAROLINE: Well, last year when Alaric died, we thought, “What would be the natural reaction of this guy having lost his wife on the alter — with their babies inside of her?” Like, “What would he go through?” So we wanted to tell THE VAMPIRE DIARIES version of the most organic story. So we came up with, “Could we bring Jo back? How would that even work?” Then, of course, we have this mythology of the Phoenix Stone and what it actually does. So the mystery, sort of, for next episodes will be kind of like how Faux Jo — or whatever you want to call her — how she can integrate into the world that we have created in Mystic Falls and at Whitmore. It’s the story of what we have dealt with in the writer’s room of: “How do you handle somebody who looks exactly like your dead wife, but kind of isn’t?” It became this question and a lot of writers had different takes on it because some people were like, “Oh, they should fall in love” and some people were like, “No, gross. Like that undermines the actual character.” So I think it will play out in an interesting, tragic and also a bittersweet kind of way for Alaric.

So Faux Jo could be around for a while.
CAROLINE: For an arc, I will say.

Speaking of Alaric, we saw last week in his flashforward that he has two daughters. When are we going to find out a little bit more about that?
CAROLINE: In the teaser, so to speak, of the next episode, you’re going to get some pretty good info. So don’t tune in late for that episode!

With the Gemini ability to have twins, does that stay with one’s body or one’s soul? Is that something Faux Jo could also do?
CAROLINE: Yeah, sure.

Is it possible that the soul inside Faux Jo could be somebody we have met before?
CAROLINE: It is possible, but I wouldn’t let that keep you up. I wouldn’t start writing fan-fiction.

Speaking about the soul inside of her. Did she just happen to get connected to a kinder soul than Oscar (Tim Kang) did?
CAROLINE: It will all be explained. Yeah. We left it with her eyes opening and no answers on purpose as a tease. But you will find out in episode 6.

Can you talk about how Valerie (Elizabeth Blackmore) and some revelations she has might get in the way of Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline’s (Candice Accola) bliss?
CAROLINE: She doesn’t really have — does she have revelations? It’s more about what she explains to Stefan. She drops a huge bomb on Stefan and what we learn about Valerie’s persona is that she has this kind of dark soul — this kind of dark cloud when she enters the room. We start to understand why she’s so weighted when she drops the bomb on Stefan’s lap and it will basically shake him to his core and define the rest of the season for him. With these characters, like Stefan and Damon and Klaus and Elijah, they are just so rich because they go back so many years. But it’s interesting that even for us in Season 7, you can still kind of peal back layers of the characters. We’ve seen so many episodes of them and we feel like we know them so well. Then in Episode 5, Stefan learns this huge news and, then in Episode 6, he kind of admits how this affects him even in present day. So that’s what’s kind of fun about the storyline.

How is Stefan’s decision to lie to Caroline going to affect their relationship?
CAROLINE: I think it will start to make her feel insecure about where she stands with him. We saw in Episode 4 and she’s like, “So do you want to confront Valerie? Do you want to talk about it” She’s not an insecure character. I mean, she started Season 1 as very insecure. But she’s coming off Season 6 where she’s like, “This is what I want. This is who I am. This is how I have to deal with it.” And she comes into Season 7 with the same fire. Then these little things keep chipping away at her. I think what she will discover is a new source of confidence for her and her core will really be strengthened, sooner than later. And it’s not necessarily about her relationship with Stefan, but Stefan will just continue to struggle with how to be a good guy to validate Valerie’s relationship and their past together, and also feel like he’s not leaving Caroline in the dust.

What can you say about Caroline going forward in this relationship with Stefan and maybe how he is going to be reacting to things differently? How is that going to affect her going forward?
CAROLINE: Well, it’s a similar answer. It’s just that she’s going to find an inner strength that she didn’t know she had. I like the character most when she’s not feeling insecure, yet she’s dating somebody who is this emotionally-closeted, secretive, internalized guy. For her, she’s just all emotions all the time. She wears everything on her sleeve. So it’s her finding this middle-ground of trying to be there for somebody, but also giving him his space.

Can you talk about Tyler’s return and how are we going to fall in love with him again?
CAROLINE: The reason for putting Tyler in the flashforward was to remind the audience, “Look, Tyler’s still in this world. There’s still a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, for these characters.” Also he’s wearing a suit and seems to be happy and he’s doing something with his life. He’s like the success story of moving on from Mystic Falls. Then we’re going to see him in future episodes – and he’ll have an arc in it – and he is kind of the voice of, “Look, I got out. I succeeded.” And it’s somebody that we’re rooting for. But he’s going to have sort of a side story, if you will, that will help us, towards the later part of the season, introduce us to this new world that will be a mythology arc in the show. I don’t know that you will necessarily fall in love with him again, but I think you’ll remember all of the reasons that you liked him in the first place.

Now that Julian (Todd Lacanse) is back, can you tell us how bad he’s going to be since everyone wants revenge against him?
CAROLINE: We’re leaning into that as we start Episode 6. We’re expecting “the devil has come to Mystic Falls” and then you are going to be, hopefully, pleasantly surprised when you meet him. He’s fun and full of life and charming and incredibly attractive and he just kind of wins over everyone back in his family — everyone who misses him and we realize why they loved him so much. So the fun will be trying to make him reveal his true self and we realize, “Ugh, keep that true self behind closed doors. You’re a monster.”

Can you talk about the mythology of the Phoenix Stone? Because we have seen a bunch of these x-shaped stars on people and Julian had one and once the Phoenix Stone brought him back, it disappeared. Can you tease what is next with all of that?
CAROLINE: We saw in the future that Stefan has got that scar and he is bleeding and we also saw that Beau (Jaiden Kaine) has one and it is healed. Then Julian came back, so basically to tease it would basically give it away, but it will certainly not be the last time you have seen it. Right when you think you understand how Stefan got his in the future, you will be thrown for a loop. So it will be a recurring theme through and until the end of the season.

Could you give us the best tease for the episodes everyone is about to see and on the flipside when they see the episode what they can expect moving forward?
CAROLINE: I will say the biggest tease is Stefan learns a bombshell from his past as we start to understand the depths of Valerie’s resentment — and it will cause a problem in Caroline and Stefan’s relationship. Then there is a fun bicker-fest between Bonnie and Enzo that will end in a major surprise for the audience. And for Episode 6, I would say that the boys have conflicting views on how to handle Julian and it will end in bloodshed. Meanwhile, Alaric tries to face the reality that his wife is not actually his wife. Poor guy.

Damon and Bonnie bond and go after Julian and do right by Elena. So what can we expect from that relationship going forward?
CAROLINE: Well, last season Bonnie and Damon’s friendship grew. And what we thought would happen would be Damon rubbing off on Bonnie, but that is not what is happening. Bonnie is growing into herself and Damon is a good sidekick for her actually. So she and he agreed that they want Julian and Lily (Annie Wersching) to pay the price for what they did to Bonnie’s best friend and Damon’s soulmate. So what will affect the story is that Damon has a strong point of view on how to handle Julian and Stefan has a completely different view, and the brothers will start clashing. But Bonnie will continue to be supportive of Damon.

Any more romance for Bonnie and Damon?
CAROLINE: Not really romance. They are having a friend-chemistry for the moment.

Now that Lily picked Julian over Enzo, what is Enzo’s next move?
CAROLINE: The next episode will hold a fun “welcome home” party for Julian and Enzo will be one of the guests invited, and he will show up and judge the competition so to speak. He is not out completely yet.

What can you share about Bonnie and Caroline’s friendship moving forward?
CAROLINE: It is a touchstone for the show. We saw them hanging out together, telling each other what they have on their plate for the day. It is nice to check in with them. They are the most normal dynamic and relatable people on the show, in my opinion. So they will continue to be friends as Caroline goes through her drama with Stefan — and she will have more drama is coming her way. So they continue to be friends. But Bonnie is saddled with mythology of the Phoenix Stone and how that is affecting Alaric’s life and her friends’ lives. As far as the Heretics, [Bonnie] is going to become involved in that world. It’s one of those relationships where they kind of go about their ways and then they come back and have these touchstone moments. But they’ll see each other in the future at parties and stuff, but they’re not actually paired in a major storyline.
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE ORIGINALS Post-Mortem: Executive Producers Caroline Dries and Michael Narducci Talk What’s Next
Old 11-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the interview.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

This season is even worse for Stefan then it was last season. The writers just love heaving crap on him So glad I am done with this show!!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

worse for Stefan?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad they asked about Caro/Bonnie. Although I expected an answer like this.

Thanks for the interview.

I was wondering about the twins ... like they died with Jo and so when Bonnie put that soul into Jo from the Phoenix stone didn't she then also put two souls into the twins? Of course if they are still alive in fake!Jo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread