Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
This show needs another romance like they need a hole in their head.
LOL i think they shouldn't rely so much on pairings to be honest but clearly they want to do S/C and i am 70 percent sure they will bring in bamon at some point to say it is going to be a quick hook up i do not see that happen but i think that if they happen it won't happen over night this is only season 7 so they maybe around for a few more season in that time the show will for sure move damon on from elana otherwise damon will be stuck so at some point he will move on i think right now damon needs time to heal and i think their fans needs time similar to what they did with stefan he didn't just jump into anything with anyone after elaina it took time for him to move passed them and i think that is what we will see with damon.

Also it is possible to love more then one person no matter if damon finds some happiness with someone else it doesn't mean he stopped loving her just like elaina never stopped loving stefan it seems it has to be one or the other but i think like most people who lose someone they need to figure out how to live without that person and find a way to close that chapter before you move on once he can find some peace their then he can move passed it and find some happiness with someone else
Old 05-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

You may think that and I may think that but the writers are doing a vampire romance soap and if they aren't going to stray from that concept they need vampires and romances.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Do you foresee the show going there with Bamon? Or do you think that it would be disrespectful for Bonnie to go after Damon with Elena "sacrificing" herself?
I don't for 2 major reasons:
- Even though Nina is gone, the writers are still catering to DE stans. That's why they wrote Elena's departure in a way that still makes Delena endgame and that's why CD & JP talked about how the fans would react when they explained why Damon wouldn't be falling for anyone else. To quote Dries, 'if Damon were to fall in love with anyone else, the fandom would hate her. They would claw her eyes out.' I don't think the writers would do that to Bonnie, especially when she's already getting so much hate just for breathing.

- It would just be too damn weird. Elena wants Bonnie to write her entire life story in a diary. How strange would it be for her to read about her best friend's tryst with her boyfriend like a bedtime story. It doesn't help that Damon & Elena's relationship isn't technically over. It's more like they're on a looong break. And I don't believe Bonnie of all people (with her romantic history) would get involved with a guy in that situation, especially if that guy is a close friend who is in love with another close friend.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

I think Ian would love it if they did go there, lol.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think Ian would love it if they did go there, lol.
And what Ian wants, Ian gets. JP life philosophy.

Unless the show kills off Elena for good... it would be so contrived if Bonnie started with Damon knowing he still holds a torch for Elena. She would be settling as the the Elena placeholder for Damon.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
You may think that and I may think that but the writers are doing a vampire romance soap and if they aren't going to stray from that concept they need vampires and romances.
Then I really feel bad for those think that whatever pairings they come up with its somehow going to end the series... Because to me "Endgame" is really insignificant at this point.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I don't for 2 major reasons:
- Even though Nina is gone, the writers are still catering to DE stans. That's why they wrote Elena's departure in a way that still makes Delena endgame and that's why CD & JP talked about how the fans would react when they explained why Damon wouldn't be falling for anyone else. To quote Dries, 'if Damon were to fall in love with anyone else, the fandom would hate her. They would claw her eyes out.' I don't think the writers would do that to Bonnie, especially when she's already getting so much hate just for breathing.

- It would just be too damn weird. Elena wants Bonnie to write her entire life story in a diary. How strange would it be for her to read about her best friend's tryst with her boyfriend like a bedtime story. It doesn't help that Damon & Elena's relationship isn't technically over. It's more like they're on a looong break. And I don't believe Bonnie of all people (with her romantic history) would get involved with a guy in that situation, especially if that guy is a close friend who is in love with another close friend.
I do not agree with that article seems like it is all for DE benefit but if we learnt anything about these writers is they say one thing and do another. I would say never say never i do not think at this point bamon would happen i think it would be way to far for any of the fans to except DE fans or not (i don't think they care all that much about DE fans to be honest they have annoyed a lot of there big fan bases over the years) i also do not think they had elaina tell damon to move on for no reason.

I think as far as Bamon is concerned it will depend on how long this show goes if this show goes as long as supernatural is then i highly doubt they will leave damon in limbo forever they will repair him with who remains to be seen but i think we may see him hookup with someone else before anything with bamon happens right now i think we are just heading to them having a lot of screen time together and building a friendship
Old 05-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

If the show goes another few seasons (God forbid) it's certainly not a guarantee Nina comes back for the finale. It would depend on what she's doing during that time period, she might be so over the show (she probably already is now lol) so what she says now could totally change and she won't want to return.

Also, if Kevin Williamson is anywhere near the series finale, he proved with Dawson's Creek he can change things up very quickly and do the unexpected.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

About the whole Delena, and possible Bamon, thing, it remind me so much of Clana/Clois in Smallville.
Clark and Lana never really broke up, things just happenned and ended up keeping them appart, and just like Damon with Elena, Clark was sooo annoying when it came down to Lana. Lois was Clark's friend and they finally have tons of scenes together when Lana left. Lois ended up falling for Clark, while he was clueless and still mourning Lana. He ended up falling for Lois too. People who shipped Clana was given the choice to believe Lois was just second choice, while Clois fans were ****ing happy x)
I wouldnt close the door on Bamon, anything can happen... both Bonnie and Damon may not be looking at eachother like that right now, but things can turn around fast,i mean they'll be spending a lot of time together next season it seems...

Bonnie&Damon - Sara&Neal - Clark&Lois - Ted&Robin - Buffy&Angel - Peyton&Lucas - Peeta&Katniss - Jaime&Brienne - Dom&Letty - Alex&Rosie
Old 05-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Well in this case it would be clear Bonnie is a second best since if Elena could wake up, he would not be blinking twice as Bonnie. It's not as if that would be open to interpretation so why would Bonnie put herself in between that type of story?
Old 05-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCe60 (View Post)
About the whole Delena, and possible Bamon, thing, it remind me so much of Clana/Clois in Smallville.
Clark and Lana never really broke up, things just happenned and ended up keeping them appart, and just like Damon with Elena, Clark was sooo annoying when it came down to Lana. Lois was Clark's friend and they finally have tons of scenes together when Lana left. Lois ended up falling for Clark, while he was clueless and still mourning Lana. He ended up falling for Lois too. People who shipped Clana was given the choice to believe Lois was just second choice, while Clois fans were ****ing happy x)
I wouldnt close the door on Bamon, anything can happen... both Bonnie and Damon may not be looking at eachother like that right now, but things can turn around fast,i mean they'll be spending a lot of time together next season it seems...
Lana actually left the show though, and spent quite a bit of time apart from Clark before she left. Yes, they were still in love, but she left in the end. It's not at all like that with Elena. She is on pause because of Bonnie. She was still very much in love with Damon when she left, and he choose her/a human life to lead to the end of his days. It's not like they even had issues when all of this happened (unlike Clark and Lana). It was written that they were in a good place, at a new beginning of sorts. Then it was cut short.

Unless Elena dies, it would be a really difficult task to write Damon wanting to be with someone else. Sure he can accidentally fall in love or whatever, but Elena would be looming in his mind and the viewers. Which is why if the show actually wanted Damon to move on and step into another "viable" romance, Elena should have died or been compelled to leave. Seriously, Elena not being dead and still somehow being connected to Bonnie is like big brother gone terribly wrong.

Also, given that Smallville is based on the legend of Superman, there was never a choice as to who Clark would end up with. No one had to accept anything, it just was.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Damon will have a lot of times to find himself and define who he really is, without Elena or other doppleganger. Who know what can happen then ? At first it will still be about Elena, but then later he could fall in love with someone else without planning it. About Bonnie she could fight it at first, but ultimatly she'll decide to live her life fully, i hope. Of course there'll be Elena's shadow at first, but all characters need to move one and live their life, they cant just spend their time mourning Elena, it'll be boring fast....

Bonnie&Damon - Sara&Neal - Clark&Lois - Ted&Robin - Buffy&Angel - Peyton&Lucas - Peeta&Katniss - Jaime&Brienne - Dom&Letty - Alex&Rosie
Old 05-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

They aren't all going to spend their time mourning, only Damon will because the show made it clear that Elena is the love of his life and vice versa. I am pretty sure the set up is for a Delena endgame, given that she is asleep and waiting for him for 60 years. It's not as if they had a break up for a Damon to move on, she's asleep waiting for him. It will always be a shadow over Bonnie's head.

As an aside, there is something total unbelievable about Damon and Elena's chemistry in comparison to Stefan and Elena. I think it's because Ian and Nina probably felt frustrated with having to portray lovers onscreen after their break up...
Old 05-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

What if during those 60 years when she wake up she doesnt want Damon anymore though ? ahah xD, i mean she'll have a lot of time to... think.
and question, if in 60 years, Damon drink the cure from Lana's blood, would she become an old lady then ? since time will catch her up

Old 05-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it works that way because Elena is human, not a vampire. I think as long as she stays frozen in time, she'll wake up her own age.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread