Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even though i know its pointless to try and find logic in JP's writing, i still don't get why Elena just hates him, instead of just being content with him being gone. Don't me wrong, I"m glad this Elena is back, but even with that necklace moment gone, she should feel some type of friendliness toward Damon, especially since that scene in the s2 finale happened between them, and I'm assuming in her compelled mind they teamed up to search for Stefan over the summer between s2 and 3. If they had explained Alaric mentioning Jeremy during the compulsion had triggered her hate for him in the s2 premiere, i'd buy that... but it just seems like all the amends they made have been washed away just because he didn't give her a damn necklace

-________-
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
Even though i know its pointless to try and find logic in JP's writing, i still don't get why Elena just hates him, instead of just being content with him being gone. Don't me wrong, I"m glad this Elena is back, but even with that necklace moment gone, she should feel some type of friendliness toward Damon, especially since that scene in the s2 finale happened between them, and I'm assuming in her compelled mind they teamed up to search for Stefan over the summer between s2 and 3. If they had explained Alaric mentioning Jeremy during the compulsion had triggered her hate for him in the s2 premiere, i'd buy that... but it just seems like all the amends they made have been washed away just because he didn't give her a damn necklace

-________-
Exactly.
What about Elena saying she liked Damon? What about naming him in the list of people she cared about? What about when she called him her friend? What about the hugs, the understanding, the partnership? All of that should still be in her mind because all of that happened before she knew she loved him.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

-________-
Maybe Alaric could only make her hate him to get rid of the love.

It's not like he knew what he was doing though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Maybe Alaric could only make her hate him to get rid of the love.

It's not like he knew what he was doing though.
Probably means that it whatever he tired to do its going to be difficult to undo it.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Probably means that it whatever he tired to do its going to be difficult to undo it.
They were stupid to even do it in the first place.

I'm sure Alaric screwed up big somehow.

Elena should be able to grieve like a normal person.

It's just pathetic to have her literally not able to cope in life without Damon.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

It's just pathetic to have her literally not able to cope in life with Damon.
Well seeing that he is a newbie Vampire himself alot its going to go wrong I bet.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

It's just pathetic to have her literally not able to cope in life without Damon.
It truly is pathetic... I would've much rather they take a stoic, i don't feel anything approach with elena at the beginning of this season and have her explode with emotion at the end of the premiere and then move on from there, OR have her bury herself in work at the hospital than what we got in that horrible premiere. They've literally made this girl unrecognizable. She can't survive or live without a guy in her life, much less Damon Salvatore, and it's just sad on so many levels... and women... WOMEN are responsible for this writing.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 10-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It truly is pathetic... I would've much rather they take a stoic, i don't feel anything approach with elena at the beginning of this season and have her explode with emotion at the end of the premiere and then move on from there, OR have her bury herself in work at the hospital than what we got in that horrible premiere. They've literally made this girl unrecognizable. She can't survive or live without a guy in her life, much less Damon Salvatore, and it's just sad on so many levels... and women... WOMEN are responsible for this writing.
The fact that women write this is the worst part.

That would be a good way.

Plus not only not pathetic but realistic.

I know the show isn't supposed to be real.

I don't think wanting Elena to grieve in a realistic way is asking too much.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Nothing new but anyway:

Quote:
I am in need of some Damon-and-Elena scoop on The Vampire Diaries. — Felicia
While stuck-in-the-'90s Damon will be reluctant to believe Bonnie's crossword theory, they quickly find clear evidence that proves they're most certainly not alone. But will the person actually be able to help them? Meanwhile, look for Alaric's compulsion to take immediate effect on Elena, whose new outlook, especially regarding Damon, shocks even her best friend.
Mega Buzz: A Sleepy Hollow Temptation, a Murder Flashback and Flash's Daddy Issues - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 10-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

enough about the damon/elena already.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
enough about the damon/elena already.
Yes
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Absolute Fan

just when I'm beginning to really appreciate Delena-less Elena, they remind me that that awful thing is still on the horizon.
Enzo a stable person. Ha. Did Elena and Caroline switch brains?? Or are we just back to season 1.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
Or are we just back to season 1.
Well, according to Julie this season is supposed to be a call back to season 1, so...

» Bella
Old 10-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

S1 and S2 were the best, anyway.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
S1 and S2 were the best, anyway.
Pretty much. Although, I'm enjoying this season more than all the others.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread