Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Would love to get any The Vampire Diaries scoop that’s not related to romantic relationships. — Lola
How about some information on this season’s villain? When my colleague Samantha Highfill spoke to Julie Plec about a new big bad, she claimed this season was going to have a number of “conflict providers.” Still, “There is a villain-esque person in this season that I’m particularly excited about because it does break the mold a little bit of our villains, which seem to be often very redeemable in their own way,” she says. “And we get to explore the deep, dark minds of a psychopathic personality, so I’m very excited about that.” In other words, this is one bad guy who won’t find redemption through a spin-off.
Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle' and more | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 09-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Absolute Fan

So is it Tripp?

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I don't have a problem so much with creators leaving, but I do wonder what would have happened if he stayed. I loved Pacey and Joey, I still get 'feels' watching their scenes, but would they have been better if he stayed? Don't know.
Anything would've been better than what we got. Like I'm glad Joey & Pacey ended up together in the end but Joey's lingering feelings for Dawson, the writers forcing him to hang over there relationship in s4 culminating in the break-up & the super weirdness of them all being so involved in each other's relationship's was just awful.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

A villain who isn't redeemable and just stays an a-hole...is it Damon?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
A villain who isn't redeemable and just stays an a-hole...is it Damon?
Not possible. He's not a villain he just happens to do the occasional bad thing but he doesn't mean it and he could never be an a-hole ok, he's too loveable for that. I'd take a guess at it being Stefan just for the lolz of it but it's probably some newbie. The day Julie breaks the mold with anything the Internet will break from shock.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Anything would've been better than what we got. Like I'm glad Joey & Pacey ended up together in the end but Joey's lingering feelings for Dawson, the writers forcing him to hang over there relationship in s4 culminating in the break-up & the super weirdness of them all being so involved in each other's relationship's was just awful.
I agree, that's why I debate whether I would have preferred he stayed with Dawson's Creek--if that means, no P/Jo.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Not possible. He's not a villain he just happens to do the occasional bad thing but he doesn't mean it and he could never be an a-hole ok, he's too loveable for that. I'd take a guess at it being Stefan just for the lolz of it but it's probably some newbie. The day Julie breaks the mold with anything the Internet will break from shock.
I was just joking. But Damon is an a-hole. There's no arguing that .

I wish Stefan was the villain. I loved when he was the ripper (in the flashbacks). His IDGAF attitude back then was awesome.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I was just joking. But Damon is an a-hole. There's no arguing that .

I wish Stefan was the villain. I loved when he was the ripper (in the flashbacks). His IDGAF attitude back then was awesome.
I know lol Ripper Stefan was the best. I miss him. And Silas. They were fun.

Quote:
I agree, that's why I debate whether I would have preferred he stayed with Dawson's Creek--if that means, no P/Jo.
I always think that show creators and those who play roles in that should stay with the show until the end. They're the one's who come up with the characters & therefore know them best to give them the right storylines. If Kevin staying with Dawson's Creek had meant no P/Jo I would've been happy with it given how bad they were at times. I'll never get why The CW hires half the EP's that they do cause 90% of them are sht and as a result bring the show down :shrugs:
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kevin said in an interview he had planned to eventually explore PJo.

I will always wonder if DE could have been actually written well if he had stayed.

Then I think about everything that already happened.

I don't know still think I would have stopped shipping them.

Plus stop rooting for Damon.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 09-19-2014 at 11:24 PM
Old 09-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Jaime Bee your icon is killing me !

Even if KW stayed or had more of a say in the direction of the show I don't see how DE could have been written any better. It will made no sense to me given Damon killed Elena's brother (KW's idea). I stopped thinking of DE as a good idea at that point, but maybe I wouldn't despise Damon so much now if KW was still writing him...I don't know. His S5 bullshiit with the Katlena/Aaron/Jeremy stuff is what drove me over the edge. Who knows .
Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
He did the same thing with Dawson's Creek. Seasons 1-2 were vastly different than seasons 3-6. No matter what ship you preferred, DJ or PJ, I think most Creek fans will agree that it was almost like seeing two different shows when Kevin left. He also comes back for the Series Finale determined to write a DJ ending and DID for the first half. Then he changed it up. I will always feel like he abandoned Creek and that series could have been so much more. I don't know why he does this with his series. His buddy, Greg Berlanti, went on and did Everwood. Outside of season 3 and allowing Rina to take the lead, he was always actively involved and around. He was fully involved again in season 4 and you could feel it based on those magical Ephram/Amy scenes. The series finale was outstanding as he pulled everything together.

I am big on creators not leaving their art, their work. It's not fair to the fans who invest in the work. It's like starting a painting and then leaving it to someone else who doesn't have your vision to finish it and expect greatness still. Not going to happen.
word Michelle so much word! I don't like DE anymore, and I only liked SE season 1, and I'm a DJo and a PA fan and am still pretty upset about the ending. PJo I thought was good season 3 though.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)

Even if KW stayed or had more of a say in the direction of the show I don't see how DE could have been written any better. It will made no sense to me given Damon killed Elena's brother (KW's idea). I stopped thinking of DE as a good idea at that point, but maybe I wouldn't despise Damon so much now if KW was still writing him...I don't know. His S5 bullshiit with the Katlena/Aaron/Jeremy stuff is what drove me over the edge. Who knows .
Yeah, imo this series was always bound to fail/go downhill because of the triangle. There was no way to write it satisfyingly given what Damon did to Elena's friends/family. It was always gonna ruin Elena's character. And I know people think the writers did a bad job writing Damon, which obviously I agree with, but then again...they couldn't write him a full redemption arc in order for the triangle to be what they wanted it to be. This triangle is just awful for everyone involved. It will always be a "pure" love (in the writers' mind) vs a dangerous, all-consuming one. Damon finding his inner goodness would've just rendered the triangle sort of pointless, as evidenced by the fact that every ep revolves around how ~bad DE are for each other. If both brothers are good for her, there's kinda no point to the show. So we're stuck with Stefan always being Mr. Nice guy for the most part, Damon always being the worst, and Elena being an idiot torn between two other idiots.

I'm sure KW would've been better at blurring lines and creatively finding ways to present the triangle but he certainly wouldn't have saved it from the crapfest it's become. This is a show about vampires in a love triangle...it just doesn't have that much mileage. This type of show should pretty much top out at 4 seasons otherwise it's gonna drag and drag, which is what's happening now. Elena losing herself in Damon would have/could have been interesting... but when it's dragging out for 2 seasons (and still going), it's just destroying the characters rather than being a bump in the road.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
word Michelle so much word! I don't like DE anymore, and I only liked SE season 1, and I'm a DJo and a PA fan and am still pretty upset about the ending. PJo I thought was good season 3 though.
Thanks, Rachel!

Who do you ship on TVD now, if anyone?
Old 09-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
OMG is that appropriate
Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Yeah, imo this series was always bound to fail/go downhill because of the triangle. There was no way to write it satisfyingly given what Damon did to Elena's friends/family. It was always gonna ruin Elena's character. And I know people think the writers did a bad job writing Damon, which obviously I agree with, but then again...they couldn't write him a full redemption arc in order for the triangle to be what they wanted it to be. This triangle is just awful for everyone involved. It will always be a "pure" love (in the writers' mind) vs a dangerous, all-consuming one. Damon finding his inner goodness would've just rendered the triangle sort of pointless, as evidenced by the fact that every ep revolves around how ~bad DE are for each other. If both brothers are good for her, there's kinda no point to the show. So we're stuck with Stefan always being Mr. Nice guy for the most part, Damon always being the worst, and Elena being an idiot torn between two other idiots.

I'm sure KW would've been better at blurring lines and creatively finding ways to present the triangle but he certainly wouldn't have saved it from the crapfest it's become. This is a show about vampires in a love triangle...it just doesn't have that much mileage. This type of show should pretty much top out at 4 seasons otherwise it's gonna drag and drag, which is what's happening now. Elena losing herself in Damon would have/could have been interesting... but when it's dragging out for 2 seasons (and still going), it's just destroying the characters rather than being a bump in the road.
I think Damon's S2 finale death moment should have been his turning point. He already reached rock bottom with Elena when he killed Jeremy, but I think his relationship with Rose and how he was slowly trying to earn Elena's forgiveness (plus Damon and Jeremy I think were supposed to form a bond given their scenes in 2x02 and the episode they tortured Mason). I think that Damon was slowly, really, really slowly was being redeemed in S2. If they kept on that path with Damon struggling to be a good guy, but still doing things occasionally that screwed him up (like when he forced his blood down Elena's throat in S2). A true redemption story will always have it's hiccups, but they learn from those mistakes and try to be better.

They never did that with Damon. He would mess up to the point that no sane person should ever forgive him. I get a supernatural show should have a huge level of forgiveness that reality wouldn't, but it's like they're testing the audience to see how far they can push Damon's d-bag tendencies before no one defends him. He's beyond saving at this point. If they continued the path they were on in S2 where he was trying to be a better person and wasn't blatantly abusing the people Elena loves then I think they could have had DE more believable.

I mean why should the heroine of the show regress and become unrelateable and horrible so that a pairing can work? Why can't the guy try to become a better person thus earning the love and respect of the heroine? TVD writers screwed up royally on this one and I can't say for sure that KW leaving was a factor in it or if it would have continued to suck if he stayed. No one can know for sure.

Flora what's inappropriate about a man bouncing on top of a woman?