Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
So we know JP and Ian are directing this season...wasn't Paul supposed to direct another episode as well?
Paul said at a con that he was tentatively scheduled to direct in the middle of the season, possibly episode 10.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguoc (View Post)
Paul said at a con that he was tentatively scheduled to direct in the middle of the season, possibly episode 10.
Thanks. Glad Paul gets another shot in the director chair. He was so excited about the first time - should be good despite the show he's directing .
Old 09-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm happy for Ian. I might not be able to stand Damon, but I like Ian enough from his public persona so that's great for him.
Agreed I am excited for Ian's episode.. he will do fantastic
Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So, she wrote this really interesting take on Stefan. He’s decided to shut off his emotions and you think he’s searching for his brother but he’s really just lying to everyone. He’s started his own life. He wants nothing to do with anyone, he’s done.

Is he very dark this season?

WESLEY: I wouldn’t say that, he’s actually content and happy, he’s just kind of moved on.
Ok so I'm late but I'm catching up on these interviews and this makes no sense. Stefan has his emotions off but he's not dark?! HE'S A RIPPER FFS. This is like completely undoing everything about his character.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Ok so I'm late but I'm catching up on these interviews and this makes no sense. Stefan has his emotions off but he's not dark?! HE'S A RIPPER FFS. This is like completely undoing everything about his character.
I don't think Stefan has his emotions off. There hasn't been any suggestion of that. He's just decided to move on (for now ) from life in Mystic Falls.

Who can blame him?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

That doesn't sound like he shut himself down, but more like he's letting go. He's not with Elena and his brother is dead. Plus he truly lost his best friend forever so now he wants to pick up the pieces. Maybe he's in Portland trying to make a life for himself the way he promised Lexi in S4 finale.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'm happy for Ian. I might not be able to stand Damon, but I like Ian enough from his public persona so that's great for him.

So we know JP and Ian are directing this season...wasn't Paul supposed to direct another episode as well?
I have nothing against Ian either, but it's like what is this? Monkey see, Monkey do. Lol

Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I have nothing against Ian either, but it's like what is this? Monkey see, Monkey do. Lol
Not really. I vaguely remember Ian saying years ago that he wanted to eventually direct and produce. In fact, most actors who have been on a TV series for a awhile start directing/writing/producing the show to keep their jobs fresh and do something new.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah. I think the whole One Tree Hill cast directed an episode. Paul was just lucky to be the first.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Fan

From TVLine:

Quote:
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

Four months after the Season 5 finale, Elena is still "grieving" Damon, but also "excelling in her pre-med program," executive producer Caroline Dries tells TVLine. Elena's new endeavor will also prove fruitful for Alaric, who will shack up with her mentor Jo. ("Love is in the air!") Sadly, romance won't be in the air for Stefan, who "doesn't have the emotional energy for a relationship." And even when he is ready, he's still "a typical guy who just sees Caroline as a friend." Bonnie and Damon's whereabouts will unfold "slowly" as they continue to "get on each other's nerves like an old married couple." Meanwhile, Tyler will embrace his "second chance" at humanity, but will discover "the rage is still inside him" and he can't run from it. As for Matt, he'll finally get to live in Mystic Falls without having to constantly watch his back. We'll also learn more about Liv and Luke's "dark past" and "destiny," which will reveal why they came to Whitmore College.

BONUS SPOILER | Elena will try to set up Caroline with her new pre-med buddy Liam (Maro James), as she thinks they're "the perfect match."

RETURN DATE | Thursday, Oct. 2, at 8/7c (The CW)
[PHOTOS] Fall TV Spoilers 2014: Exclusive Scoops On 42 Season Premieres | TVLine
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new info

Quote:
We'll also learn more about Liv and Luke's "dark past" and "destiny," which will reveal why they came to Whitmore College.
I thought they came to Whitmore College because of the travelers and Marcos?
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this.

Still don't see how Elena can excel in pre-med yet get super high to see her dead boyfriend.

Not all that interested in Liv and Luke's past.

Happy to see Bonnie mentioned - though it might be nice to know if anyone was actually grieving for her aside from Jeremy (who seems more angry about her death).
Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Fan

No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
I thought they came to Whitmore College because of the travelers and Marcos?
Yeah, this is weird. But it looks like they're going to introduce their coven as an antagonist.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yay .
Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Right. Cause the Travelers worked so well as villains.

Apparently they are doing location shoots at a desert motel. A crew member posted some pics on instagram. Kat also posted a pic of the motel, I think.