Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
Excuse you...this is a fan forum. Take that negativity elsewhere.

Seriously though if everyone stopped posting about the show in a negative light this thread would be dead.
What is there to be positive about?

Ever since at least Season 4 this show gets worse and worse.

The fan pandering is ridic and way out of hand.

JP feels she has to pander to DE shippers.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

Correction. JP is the biggest DE shipper. She's pandering to herself.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Like forwood
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

You guys are hilarious lol
Old 07-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I found a wonderful interview with Joss talking the writing aspects of the show and where he draws the line with listening to fans ect.

Well since JP thinks she is the next Joss. She should read this.

The entire interview is here. It's from 2003 right before Buffy ended.

These are parts I think pertain to how JP does everything wrong.

The man behind the Slayer - Salon.com

You’re known for having that master plan, for having mapped out the whole arc of the story, not just within a season, but also from season to season. But there must have been changes to that plan over the years, stuff you couldn’t help or that you realized as you went along would be better if you did it another way. What were some of the big changes from your master plan?

The master plan does not have a master plan. Television ultimately finds itself, and after it finds itself, it finds itself changing. I’d have a year plotted out, maybe two years in advance. And I had the major points that I knew I needed to hit and they would serve as anchors and we’d get from one to the next, and that was great. But the rest you deliberately don’t have a master plan for, because you don’t know what’s going to happen. Apparently people seem to be responding to this Boreanaz fellow [David, the actor who plays Angel]. Apparently Seth [Green, who plays Oz] is gone. Apparently this villain isn’t working out and this one’s popping like crazy. You need to improvise, you always need to.

TV’s like whitewater rafting: Without rocks, there wouldn’t be rapids, and it wouldn’t be as much fun. Rolling with it gave us Tara and Willow coming out. It gave us Spike falling in love with Buffy. Rolling with it found out that Anya and Andrew were comic geniuses. You plan your ideas and themes, and then you let the rest form naturally, and then it feels real. It doesn’t feel like you’re imposing something on everybody. Ultimately, the staff — who are the biggest fan-geeks in the world, and I’m including myself — when they watch an episode have to feel the way the audience does, and more importantly the characters have to feel the way the audience does. If the audience doesn’t buy that Buffy’s brought back from the dead, then Buffy can’t buy it. They’ve got to go, “I can’t believe this has happened. It’s horrible.” If the audience is feeling the loss of Angel and feeling that she can’t have a relationship with Riley, she’s got to feel the same way. You feel that out.

But sometimes you push back against some of the things the fan base, which is so possessive, wants.

Sure, yeah. There’s obviously the fact that Angel has his own series now, so what are you gonna do? It’s not like we’re reading the Internet and going, “OK, Ain’t It Cool says blah blah blah.” We take our fan base’s opinions and concerns very seriously, but at the same time we’re the storytellers.

In terms of the Angel thing, the truth is that by Year 4 we would have been throwing up our hands going, “How can we possibly make this fresh?”

Often what the fan base wants is for two characters to get together romantically, but that often doesn’t leave the narrative with anyplace to go.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 07-28-2014 at 10:58 AM
Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
LOL. IDK, my main issue with all the spoilers about S6 so far is that they sound quite boring, but who knows.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

Ever since at least Season 3 this show gets worse and worse.

The fan pandering is ridic and way out of hand.

Fixed it.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Has anybody seen this interview?

Quote:
Why do you think he’s of this state of mind now?
WESLEY: I think he’s very emotionally affected by his brother’s loss and Bonnie’s loss but doesn’t want to deal with it. We open up the story, it’s a year later. Stefan’s decided to deal with it in a way that’s unexpected.

We were told it was only a four month jump.
WESLEY: Really? I was told it was a year. It’s more than four, I feel like.

Read more at The Vampire Diaries Season 6 Details from Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley at Comic-Con
Do you think that Paul was just confused about the time jump or did the writers change it somehow shortly before they went to CC and didn't tell the actors
Old 07-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

The writers definitely changed their minds at the last minute because after the finale, JP kept saying there would be a significant time jump and that it was more than a few months this time. I think they wanted the timeline to at least be similar to the one on TO, so crossovers could still be possible.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well since JP thinks she is the next Joss
I'd take JP over Joss any day I actually, truly, hate his bones.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

It scares me that anybody would take JP over JW any day. It makes me shudder. There is faults in both of them, but at least Joss follows a storyline and tries to remain true to the characters he writes about. At least he did with Buffy. TVD is a big ****fest and production is just hoping something sticks so ratings stay cool and there is a storyline to follow. I've been so letdown from this show in the past year when I highly regarded it in the past. I HOPE it proves me wrong.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It scares me that anybody would take JP over JW any day.
JP is an absolutely awful writer, I completely agree, but I'm a Charisma Carpenter fan. Joss likes to think of himself as this fighting feminist and then he fires his pregnant worker. JP may be a complete mess when it comes to TV but she's never proven that she hates the people she works with so much she fires them from the show.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:20 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
JP is an absolutely awful writer, I completely agree, but I'm a Charisma Carpenter fan. Joss likes to think of himself as this fighting feminist and then he fires his pregnant worker. JP may be a complete mess when it comes to TV but she's never proven that she hates the people she works with so much she fires them from the show.
Thank you. Also I don't get the point of comparing him to JP on every blue moon, we get the point, he's a better writer, but the dude is not a god and even has written a few flawed episodes that caused controversial reception, and firing the pregnant actress did not go well with me. But I'm not giving JP points for cast treatment, she is pretty unprofessional with some of the actors to me. I think she said Candice was "barely an actress" before Caroline grew on her by season two, and her little crush on some of them is awkward.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Thank you. Also I don't get the point of comparing him to JP on every blue moon, we get the point, he's a better writer, but the dude is not a god and even has written a few flawed episodes that caused controversial reception, and firing the pregnant actress did not go well with me. But I'm not giving JP points for cast treatment, she is pretty unprofessional with some of the actors to me. I think she said Candice was "barely an actress" before Caroline grew on her by season two, and her little crush on some of them is awkward.
Yup. And she also said Kat's acting was cold and stiff in season 1, right in front of her face.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread