Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

The Vampire Diaries S&S #235: Will the finale finally be the final of ToD? Of course not

Spoilers

4x23 (Season Finale) - Graduation - May 16th
PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | TRAILER | POSTER | STILLS I | STILLS II | WEBCLIP
WHO WILL TAKE THE CURE? — On Graduation Day, Mystic Falls is overrun with ghosts intent on settling old scores and fulfilling their supernatural destinies. Damon’s life is in danger after a ghostly encounter, while Matt and Rebekah join forces to battle a ghost determined to find the cure. As everyone gathers for the graduation ceremony and the ghosts converge, help comes from an unlikely hero. Caroline receives a touching and unexpected graduation present, and Bonnie’s plan leads to the closing of the veil. Elena makes a decision about the Salvatore brothers and faces an epic confrontation with Katherine. Finally, Stefan discovers a horrifying clue to the mystery surrounding Silas
Written by; Julie Plec and Caroline Dries
Tweets:
JPs message to the twitter world | Character death? Return?

Spoilers:
Bonnie Permanently Dead | Choice of Elena and unchosen brother will have no time to think about Elena | Epic declaration of love etc | Big Surprise/mind blowing thing goes down | Saying Goodbye to someone? | Finale Preview | Cure + what Elena feels | One ghost might stick around & Caroline wants everybody to attend graduation | Rebekah tries to graduate & return of at least one Original | Triangle ends but only for this season | Casting Call for Graduation Guests
Happy Graduation? | Future Plans of the group + Graduation | Graduation is in the finale
Tyler will not be at graduation | Graduation in the finale | Mythology conclusion this season

The Walking Dead (aka confirmed reappearances):
Jeremy | Alaric | Connor | Alexander (first Hunter) | Lexi

General Spoilers: (most recent first)
Bonnie dead? Final mysteries? | JP interview with InsideTV 5/09 | JP talks about Bonnie and Kol´s return | JP interview with TV Guide 5/09 | JP interview with Zap2it 5/08 | JP interview with TVFanatic 5/08 | JP talks about the finale 5/08 EOnline | CA about T/C/K, dropping the veil, stepping away from school | CA interview with insideTV | Candice about finale for Caroline and KC | Candice teases the finale | Future of Caroline | Joseph Morgan 4/29 | Claire's interview 4/25 | Caroline Dries' Interview | New Elena poster | Zap2it 4/22 | Finale (and pre-finale) spoilers | Carina's chat 4/19 | Julie Plec on Prom, Grad, Season Finale and more | Interview with Zach about prom and graduation | Paul on Stefan possibly leaving town + JP ships SC | Return of Alaric? | Graduation and future plans | Joseph Morgan interview (4x20; Klaroline) 4/04 | Damon and Stefan seduce Elena | Joseph Morgan Interview 04/02 | JP interview 04/02 | JP at Wondercon I | JP at Wondercon II | Daniel Gillies Interview 27/03 | Daniel Gillies Interview #2 | Claire Holt Interview | Klaus/Hayley won´t last - no ToD like on TVD | Will bonnie choose the dark fork in the road? | What Damon thinks of the new Elena | Wetpaint: 5 questions about Silas | Will there be more Stebekah? | Could Stefan and Elena ever get back together? - Interview with Paul | Candice Accola dishes on Klaus, Tyler, and senior year | Ian etonline: damon's past, elena's future | Ian Zap2it: sire bond, jeremy, rebekah | Elena's mini-reinvention | Carina's chat March 1st |

Casting News:
Graduation Guests
Scott Parks cast as Silas

JP Interview 4/25 | 10 secrets about the spin off | Joseph's interview 4/25 | Klaus Redemption arc (?) and storyline changes because of actor love
Klaus/Hayley won´t last - no ToD like on TVD
Info on 4x20 plot
Crossovers
Joseph Morgan interview I Joseph Morgan interview II
Claire Holt joining spinoff
Klaus going to New Orleans
Could we see the original dad? May use flashbacks
2 new witches
Elijah will be a lead, also casting 2 witches
Character: Camille
News from Julie Plec Casting Call
Disfunctional family dynamics
More EW scans: Camille, Marcel, and Klaus on Caroline

Introduction Post

Message to our regular posters:

Future Titles:

Previous Thread

x
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
This is extremely problematic and a very serious issiue with a lot of teen shows but particularily TVD. Everything is so blatant and at the same time not. It is so blatant because we can feel it in the undertones of the writing but it is still unintentional from the writer's end. To not discuss it is a little offensive to me. I need to be able to express what I know I am witnessing so that I remind myself that these are not my standards and I do not abide by such ugliness that is hidden in TVD's message. I need to rise above their blatant racism and sexism and I can do this by discussing when I see or feel it.
That's the thing indeed. It's there for everyone to see, but people are so used to not pay attention to those things when they're supposed to only be entertained, so they don't and therefore it only perpetuates the distorted values in society. Then people don't know why women who don't want relationships are ****s and men who don't want the same are just boys being boys or why people are still surprised to find out a poc who has an executive or top position in a company or simply the fact that most people notice it at all. Perpetuated notions...
x
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
Lol TVD.net had a forum (but it's closed now), and there was a board called "the dungeon" where you could hate on any character, so basically every character had an anti thread and Caroline's was getting trolled by her own fans, like they literally couldn't believe that people could hate her, so one girl was like "this is the dungeon and you're allowed to vent here", and someone replied "good. Caroline haters belong in a dungeon" lmaooooo

And Elenas thread was always at the top
Elena's always been one of the most hated for awhile. That's why I'm always shocked to see her have legitimate fans on tumblr. How does one stan a glorified prop?

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
No she is not. Though I don't know if we know why she is no longer doing it. If it is because the show no longer interests her or the fans were out of control.
She's probably stopping because the show has gotten so bad and she doesn't want to hurt her BFF's feelings. One time there was a really awful episode, the one where Caroline begged Bonnie's mother not to leave, and instead of doing a recap and being like, "WTF?", she just didn't do a recap that week. Very professional.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

looooool flora

Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusRises (View Post)
Tftnt

Elena's always been one of the most hated for awhile. That's why I'm always shocked to see her have legitimate fans on tumblr. How does one stan a glorified prop?
Yeah when I first joined tumblr I was surprised she had a fair amount of stans, but she's still overwhelmingly hated there

The mods for TVD.net loved her and they banned me and a bunch of Caroline stans
Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

tftnt
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT Babi.

I'd think nowadays Elena fans are very much in the minority. Which is really sad, considering she's the show's heroine. :/
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Well in all honesty most lead females are in the minority for all shows. It's just what happens when they are over-exposed...the audience begins t sympathize with them less.

TFTNT!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelisse (View Post)
TFTNT Babi.

I'd think nowadays Elena fans are very much in the minority. Which is really sad, considering she's the show's heroine. :/
With this show I think a lot of fans are more attached to the male characters. I mean Elena may be heavily loathed but so is Bonnie and Caroline to an extent, I don't think majority of fans watch it solely for the heroines, they're either watching it for the guys or for shipping reasons, usually both.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Elena has few fans at all. Quite the opposite. I've come across more Elena's fans than haters in this fandom. By far.
In this forum we (haters) seem to be more, but that's not true even to this site. It's a Spoilers Thread reality - most posters here either hate her or don't care about her, but I'd say she has more fans than haters in and other places I've seen
x
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

I don't think ppl generally could sympathize with Elena to begin with because the writing didn't bother trying to make her relatable. They made her too clean cut and "perfect" and that never goes over well with audiences.

I don't think she has a lot of fans. I think that's just Damon fans "stanning" her by default.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Eh I think if you take out the shippers, Elena doesn't have many real fans at all tbh. Both DE and SE shippers will usually only be outraged on her behalf when someone other than the guy they're shipping her with treats her badly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread