Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope Jack will be available in the same capacity as he was this season because he's definitely one of the best ones!

I do hope they touch on Beth and Randall's backstory though, I really want to see it!

icon

Nidz. Spencer/Toby | Bellamy/Clarke | Sara/Snart | Magnus/Alec
Old 02-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Dan Fogleman has said he has a plan for basically five seasons and he has said that as long as the show is on, Milo and the character of Jack will be a part of the show.

From some of the images I've seen of Milo completely clean shaven, I think we're going to see a younger Jack and Rebecca - from when they meet. I think next season will explore a lot of their early relationship and early lives a lot more.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwalkingaway (View Post)

I do hope they touch on Beth and Randall's backstory though, I really want to see it!
Same. I want to see how they met and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I just wish Kate would get something more than the stupid romance/weight crap.
Agree. I wanted her to move to NY so we'd get Big Three scenes but now I'm wishing she'd stayed in LA because she just got that new job.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Read This Is Us Creator's Emotional Note He Attached to the Script of Memphis | E! News
Quote:
This Is Us wrecked fans with "Memphis," a standalone Randall (Sterling K. Brown) and William (Ron Cephas Jones) episode—here's a Milo Ventimiglia's excuse note for work/school—and there's a lot to unpack. Warning, spoilers.

"Memphis" featured Randall taking his biological father William back home to Memphis, it would be their final time together. William died at the end of the episode, he knew it was coming. Creator Dan Fogelman penned the emotional episode and took to Twitter to share the note he attached to the script of the episode.

"A note to the reader from Dan, and particularly to Mr. Ron Cephas Jones:

It's never easy writing the death scene of one of your favorite characters (and actors). I hope we've done you proud—you certainly always deliver for us.

And if anyone is extra sad about the ending, I'd urge you to remember the words of a wise young actor named Justin Hartley who once said:

People will die in our lives, people that we love. But it's kind of beautiful if you think about it, the fact that just because someone died, it doesn't mean they're still not in the paining."

The painting Fogelman refers to is from an episode of This Is Us where Hartley's character Kevin explained death to Randall's kids.

In an interview with EW, Fogelman said the plan for William had always been that with one or two episodes left of the season that there would be a road trip, just the location changed. Fogelman said the plan was to kill the character, it never changed.

"It would be very easy for us to make the decision to keep William alive just because people love him so much. I love the actor so much, and the character. But you're right, it didn't feel truthful for this character and the purpose he was meant to serve in this story in the present day," he said. "It's always hard. It's especially hard with a great guy like Ron and a tremendous actor, but as I said in the note that I wrote at the end of the script: Just because these characters in the show die in the present day doesn't mean they don't remain a part of the show. When Game of Thrones beheads somebody, it's hard to keep them completely alive in the story. We have a slightly different narrative structure, so it allows William to remain a part of things."

You will see William again. Next week in fact. "He's going to remain a big part of the show," Fogelman said. However, because William only entered Randall's life this year, so when he is seen again it will be exploring his past, the question, Fogelman said, is when. "[H]e's going to remain a substantial part of the series. How many? And when? We're still figuring that all out," he said.

This Is Us airs Tuesdays, 9 p.m. on NBC.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg thanks for posting that and omg 2 more episodes left til s1 is over!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:17 PM
MST Manager

Aww. Sniff.

Thanks for the link.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Curious if the show will reveal the cause of Jack's death this season or next. Can't quite tell from their interviews....
Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think they'll almost certainly reveal it or come close to in the finale (I suppose it's possible the finale could involve the Pearsons being INFORMED of his death).
Old 02-25-2017, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They're mentioning it in passing during interviews with increased frequency, but I just assume they would hold off for awhile as a big looming mystery hanging over the show.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

New promo- I think Randall dreams of Jack and William meeting each other

(obviously not a real flashback, since it's Jack circa the time he died and William as he looked right before HE died, not 20 years younger)
Old 03-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:17 PM
MST Manager

Thanks from me too.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The promo looks amazing. New episode tonight! Can't wait to find out what happens to Kevin at the play.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

So I've actually backed off of thinking Jack dies from drunk driving, at least this particular bout. It's become too obvious, and the show likes to be surprising. I think he either makes it there, or gets arrested for a DUI, and I'm starting to think the writers won't reveal exactly how he died this season.

Randall, Beth, and Kate all broke my heart last night

I don't know if it's how muted and sad Mandy plays present Rebecca, or the unrealistic older make-up they use on Jon Huertas, but those two could not possibly have less of an onscreen connection. Yes, sometimes one spouse fails to comfort the other- we've seen that with both Jack/Rebecca and Randall/Beth- but I actually laughed at Rebecca brushing past Miguel like he wasn't there when he reached out to comfort her at one point.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan