Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 05:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
This show drew me in with all the hot people but turned out to be superb. I love it so much.
Same here! Milo's naked behind was more than enough to make me tune in but the show as a whole is great! I've posted this a few times now but I have to say again that I am truly amazed at how invested I feel in this show after only a couple of episodes.

I love shows like Game of Thrones and Orange is the new black, some gritty period dramas and I've watch my fair share of witch/vampire filled shows but I have always liked to break it up with something thats more heart-warming and real. Its just been a while since a show like that has really captured me. I liked both Brothers and Sisters and Parenthood initially but I lost interest in both about half-way. To be fair Brothers and Sisters did get pretty terrible. I know many people loved Parenthood from beginning to end but for some reason I just lost interest.

Having said that, I feel much better about This Is Us than I did about those two shows. Neither of them grabbed me the same way this show has. I know its still early days but I have a great feeling about it. I love the whole cast, which is rare for me, there is usually one character that I know instantly I'm going to have an issue with. So far, I love it all!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link yay episode is on Tuesday!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad so many enjoyed the show thus far.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

It really is an amazing show!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the goodies!
Old 10-11-2016, 01:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Same here! Milo's naked behind was more than enough to make me tune in but the show as a whole is great! I've posted this a few times now but I have to say again that I am truly amazed at how invested I feel in this show after only a couple of episodes.

I love shows like Game of Thrones and Orange is the new black, some gritty period dramas and I've watch my fair share of witch/vampire filled shows but I have always liked to break it up with something thats more heart-warming and real. Its just been a while since a show like that has really captured me. I liked both Brothers and Sisters and Parenthood initially but I lost interest in both about half-way. To be fair Brothers and Sisters did get pretty terrible. I know many people loved Parenthood from beginning to end but for some reason I just lost interest.

Having said that, I feel much better about This Is Us than I did about those two shows. Neither of them grabbed me the same way this show has. I know its still early days but I have a great feeling about it. I love the whole cast, which is rare for me, there is usually one character that I know instantly I'm going to have an issue with. So far, I love it all!
I'm actually not a big drama fan at all, so this show took me by surprise. I think it's the fact that the actors are so charming and the story feels lighthearted and hilarious, so the character stuff doesn't weigh too heavily. And omg yes to the characters, they're all so damn loveable, which I can't say for many shows.

(and omg Milo naked and fit, with that fantastic facial hair...)
Old 10-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I haven't been here to update. I've been really, really busy, so I'll try to update as much as possible. This is my favorite new show this season, hands down. I've enjoyed all three episodes. I love pretty much all the characters. Sooo happy it has been picked up for a full season! I'm totally okay with it being eighteen episodes especially since that's how many episodes Dan wanted for the first season.

'This Is Us' Scores Full-Season Order at NBC | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
"THIS IS US"
"THE POOL"

10/18/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : Rebecca and Jack take Kevin, Kate, and Randall to the community pool on a hot day and quickly realize each child is going through their own struggles. Kevin auditions for his first Broadway play in New York and meets a determined actress who is less than impressed by him. Toby runs into his ex-wife while at a restaurant with Kate, which sends Kate into a spiral of self-doubt. William is mistakenly reported as a loiterer in Randall's predominately white neighborhood, which exposes deep-rooted issues of race.
Photos - This is Us - Season 1 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 1.04 - The Pool

Quote:
"THIS IS US"
"THE GAME PLAN"

10/25/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday): Rebecca and Jack get into an argument about starting a family. The family backstory behind the long line of love for the Pittsburg Steelers is revealed. After accepting his part in the play, Kevin realizes his script is relevant to his own life. Randall and Beth encounter an unexpected turn of events

Quote:
"THIS IS US"
"CAREER DAYS"

11/01/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : Kate interviews for a new job that seems just about perfect, although it comes with a catch. Randall doubts his career choice and wonders if he followed the right path. Kevin and Olivia's relationship moves in a new direction. Rebecca and Jack are conflicted on what to do when Randall tests as a gifted child.
Quote:
Is there anything you can tease about my new favorite show This is Us? — Danielle
First off, have you seen this week’s cover of Entertainment Weekly? So. Much. Scoop. Here’s a little more: After his Manny freak-out, Kevin will change up his career by moving to New York, where he will have a super awkward audition for an Off-Broadway play, starring a blunt British actress portrayed by Janet Montgomery. “He’s got to figure out how to become an actor and he’s got to do it quickly,” Justin Hartley says. “He’s with this woman who just is not nice, but she’s honest with him. She’s like look, ‘Here’s the truth: You’re going to fall on your face and it’s not going to be pretty. This is my life and you’re messing with it. It took me forever to get here and you got here because you’re The Manny.’”
Spoiler Room: Scoop on This Is Us, Scorpion, Grey's Anatomy and more | EW.com

Quote:
This is Us - Episode 1.07 - The Best Washing Machine in the World
This is Us - Episode 1.08 - Pilgrim Rick
This is Us - Episode 1.09 - Black Friday
This is Us - Episode 1.10 - Last Christmas
Upcoming Episode Titles - Various Shows - 30th September 2016 | Spoilers

'This Is Us': Sam Trammell Cast | Hollywood Reporter

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 10-13-2016 at 01:38 PM
Old 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the spoilage.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the spoilers .

Honestly I love all the characters, but Kevin's story isn't all that interesting to me. I hope they do something more with him because I love Justin Hartley.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this show so far. I do like that Kevin brings some comedic relief. I do watch these shows so I wasent suprised I liked it

Last edited by fox24; 10-16-2016 at 07:12 PM
Old 10-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Agree his humor/comic relief is really great, but the acting part of his story holds the least interest to me compared to the others. Maybe once he's in NYC and trying to make a name for himself as more than The Manny it will get better.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the goodies.