Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the stills!

Vicky
Brucas4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Darren doesn't really have much going for him at the moment, so maybe

I need Carla to come back to Corrie already, Tony/Maria is just so weird.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

I don't really watch Corrie but I agree that the Maria/Tony stuff is weird too. Personally I don't find it believable in the slightest but I guess that it's soapworld so you just have take it with a pinch of salt.

Vicky
Old 05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all the Hollyoaks' spoilers! Bryan Kirkwood's final week of episodes was amazing! Jamie Lomas/Warren Fox PWND it!

I can't wait to see James Sutton/Ryan Lamb's stuff on Emmerdale!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they'd have done it the same way if they hadn't had to have written Carla out because of Alison being pregnant. It was completely unrealistic that they had Carla find out he killed Liam and then just leave letting him get away with it for months, he could have bumped off Maria too by now for all she knows, heh. But.. they were kinda stuck with doing it that way, and I guess they couldn't have kept up Maria accusing him for months and months until Alison got back, so they had to do something else to keep the storyline interesting

The Loft fire made me sooo uncomfortable. The thought of being burned to death is one of the scariest things, and all of Warren's screaming and then him just sat there waiting for that thing to fall on him.. not pleasant
Old 05-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not a fan of Calvin and I get that obviously Warren deserved to pay for all that he had done but for Calvin to have just left Warren there knowing all too well that Clare was going to kill him, I just found that wrong. I don't know how his conscious is going to live with that, and poor Spencer. Yes Calvin hated him, yes Warren needed to be punished, but like that? No. For me Calvin walking away was like him signing Warren's execution order, it just didn't sit well with me and certainly didn't make me like Calvin. I don't care how many horrible things Warren had done, or any much Calvin wanted him to pay, no one deserves to die like that. And I didn't feel that Calvin even cared that he had basically left someone to die. Even if you hate someone, I just don't think it's right.

I'm happy he got a good and memorable exit though, the number of characters that leave in a Taxi is unbelievable.

Vicky
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^I'm with you on all the Calvin stuff. I officially LOATHE him right now for just leaving my Warren there to die! I know Warren's done a lot of bad things...but I still adore him! He's just one of those bad guys to me, like my Niall. I think Jamie Lomas was nothing short of INCREDIBLE during his final eps. He really brought it!

And now Justin leaves...all my favorite HO' characters have since left.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Loft fire made me sooo uncomfortable. The thought of being burned to death is one of the scariest things, and all of Warren's screaming and then him just sat there waiting for that thing to fall on him.. not pleasant
That really got under my skin. It kinda annoyed me how he kept telling Justin that Hannah was dead but I think I understand why he did.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Calvin and I get that obviously Warren deserved to pay for all that he had done but for Calvin to have just left Warren there knowing all too well that Clare was going to kill him, I just found that wrong.
Him doing that did irk me. That made me a little uncomfortable aswell.

Anyone watch This Morning yesterday? The lady that talks about soaps was on. I think we know most of what she said. I don't if this has been said but on Corrie, Luke and Rosie get together after Michelle goes on tour.
Join&Vote MISFITS
missviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Whose Luke? Sorry, i'm a casual Corrie watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
I think Jamie Lomas was nothing short of INCREDIBLE during his final eps. He really brought it!
ITA with that. If you asked me to name good actors in hollyoaks before these episodes, i can't swear i would have said Jamie. It's not that he's ever been bad, i just hadn't had one of those 'wow' moments with him. But he was pretty incredible last week. He looked seriously strained and distressed in that fire, to the extent that at some points where he had all that spit hanging from his mouth that it was kind of gross lol. He was really great.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

The guy Michelle was going out with, works at Lad Rags, I think. Tony had him followed. I'll see if I can find a pic of him. ETA: There's a pic of him in this interview: Coronation Street - Soap Scoop - More from Craig Kelly on Luke Strong - Digital Spy

Jamie was really good in those final scenes. The spit thing was gross but really added to everything.

Jim and Andy MacDonald are coming back for Steve and Becky's second wedding.

Soaps - News - Jim, Andy McDonald return to Corrie - Digital Spy

And Carla is coming back, it's at the bottom of the interview.

Coronation Street - Interview - Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster, Corrie) - Digital Spy
Join&Vote MISFITS

Last edited by missviolet; 06-02-2009 at 08:07 AM
missviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshgirlyUK (View Post)
ITA with that. If you asked me to name good actors in hollyoaks before these episodes, i can't swear i would have said Jamie. It's not that he's ever been bad, i just hadn't had one of those 'wow' moments with him. But he was pretty incredible last week. He looked seriously strained and distressed in that fire, to the extent that at some points where he had all that spit hanging from his mouth that it was kind of gross lol. He was really great.
I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought he was amazing.

Other than the fire itself, the scene that stood out the most for me was when Warren hit Spencer. I don't know just how many times I've watched that scene by now. That is truly some of the BEST acting I've EVER seen in anything...and then some! Jamie really went there with his acting, and he took the viewer right along with him. Gah...all the close-ups of Warren's face...those just about killed me.

So...I thought Chris/Justin's exit [on Hollyoaks] was rather anticlimactic. I was expecting more. I am glad it left it open for him to return though.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

How cute were Justin/Ste? I'm going to miss that friendship almost as much as Justin/Hannah. Such a sad episode, sob.
Katiesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the pic! Isn't he a bit old for her? Do we know when Carla is returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
How cute were Justin/Ste? I'm going to miss that friendship almost as much as Justin/Hannah. Such a sad episode, sob.
I was just coming here to say that. I think i got more, emotional, at Ste/Justin than anything else lol. But whilst i agree that Justin leaving was a bit anticlimactic, i think it was a nice way to go because the door is open for him and mostly because i think the lighting and direction of that scene was super pretty.

Anyone else a bit in love with the lighting and directing of hollyoaks this week? Maybe i'm just a complete nerd, but i loved the light streaming in when Nancy was in the flat and it was similar with Hannah in her room. And then the change of colour for Justin and Russ... It was beautifully done.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have noticed the change in lighting and directing this week on Hollyoaks. Maybe it has something to do with the new production team. I thought the very ending Justin/Russ scene was beautiful as well. Very artistic. And I adored that song too.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh yeah, i forgot their was a new producer. If this week is anything to go by, it looks like she's gonna do a good job.
Reply   Post New Thread