Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I still have a feeling that initially Alan Ball had planned for Eric/Sookie to happen again in s5 and I personally was ready for it, so they could move on from that bull in s4, but I guess they just randomly decided to take a different route with Warlow when show runners changed.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah. And really they should stop adding new characters like Warlow or Nicole.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah the addition of more and more characters is ridiculous. Jason's new gf won't even have a purpose, I bet you but to make him show restraint and then when he tries to leave her she'll just threaten to kill his ass every single time and then he's gonna spending the whole season trying not to be "hers." Seriously Jason doesn't even need a love interest right now, let him be apart of the action, or be a side character and leave it at that.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
I still have a feeling that initially Alan Ball had planned for Eric/Sookie to happen again in s5 and I personally was ready for it, so they could move on from that bull in s4, but I guess they just randomly decided to take a different route with Warlow when show runners changed.
I agree. However I think that either Alex wanted to leave,or they wanted to cut the budget. So they decide not to get Sookie together with Eric. I think they brought in Warlow to replace Eric, but people didn't warm up to him (I did. I liked Warlow and Sookie), so they threw her together with Alcide. Which I felt was totally last minute, since they said that it wasn't going to happen.

From Ask Ausiello:
Quote:
Question: I’ve been wanting Sookie and Alcide to hook up on True Blood for a long time. It almost happened last season, but it didn’t end so well. Is there any chance they will get together in season 6? —Rashad
Ausiello:
First off, here’s the reason it didn’t end so well. Secondly, Sookie’s going to be otherwise engaged this season with this guy. Bottom line: The Sookie-Alcide ‘ship has sailed, methinks.
‘Castle’ Season 6 Spoilers: Castle and Beckett Engaged? — Ask Ausiello - TVLine

HERE'S THE REAL REASON WHY NO SOOKIE AND ALCIDE
‘True Blood’ Season 6 Spoiler — Will Sookie and Alcide Have Sex? - TVLine

I think the reason why the show seem so disjointed is because Alan Ball left. The people who took over the show have no idea what has been going on,and likely haven't watch past episode.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Absolute Fan

hum okay. It's pretty clear now...
I mean, they wrote season 6 like someone would write a Crack Fanfiction!
Sookie/Warlow, Sam getting over Luna in a second-and-then-impregnating-Nicole...and then that completely crazy finale -with naked Eric. On a mountain top. Reading. In the snow. If that doesn't sound like a crackFic I don't know what it is...
CRAZY.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

fantomette I've never read the books...just going by what the people online have been saying. It's been very scary .

I was actually hoping it would get a little better when AB left because he always seemed like a Bill worshiper so I had some hope that it would change...guess not.

Actually I think it might have been more interesting to have Sookie end up with someone completely different. Like from someone from the books instead of Alcide. They could've brought in Quinn who, if my memory is correct, a were-tiger. He and Sookie dated I think for 1-2 books (again never read them so not quite sure).

If that had happened I might not see it as a complete 180 that Sookie and Alcide got together. I know adding people to the cast seems crazy, but I think having him on there and not having to sit and watch them getting together might have been better. I can't help but feel bad for the Sookie/Alcide fans who never even got to see them get together.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
fantomette I've never read the books...just going by what the people online have been saying. It's been very scary .

I was actually hoping it would get a little better when AB left because he always seemed like a Bill worshiper so I had some hope that it would change...guess not.

Actually I think it might have been more interesting to have Sookie end up with someone completely different. Like from someone from the books instead of Alcide. They could've brought in Quinn who, if my memory is correct, a were-tiger. He and Sookie dated I think for 1-2 books (again never read them so not quite sure).

If that had happened I might not see it as a complete 180 that Sookie and Alcide got together. I know adding people to the cast seems crazy, but I think having him on there and not having to sit and watch them getting together might have been better. I can't help but feel bad for the Sookie/Alcide fans who never even got to see them get together.
Like Quinn. I remember everyone talking about who should play Quinn. I wanted Alcide and Sookie to get together back in season 5, but now it just seem like they was thrown together. There is no build up,and no one get to see them "become" a couple.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG! So I just read the funniest thing on one of my friends FB statuses. I hadn't even thought of it like this, but since Warlow can read minds, walk in the sunlight and he's a vampire..... He's (was) pretty much Edward from Twilight! FAIL TRUE BLOOD! FAAAAIIIILLLLLL!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
OMG! So I just read the funniest thing on one of my friends FB statuses. I hadn't even thought of it like this, but since Warlow can read minds, walk in the sunlight and he's a vampire..... He's (was) pretty much Edward from Twilight! FAIL TRUE BLOOD! FAAAAIIIILLLLLL!
WTF!? Why the hell would they even go that way? Damn he is like a more obsessive version of Edward. Glad he's dead.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really thinking about it though, I didn't like this season much.... I mean it had its high points but it had more low points than anything.... And after making that connection with Warlow I can definitely say this one wasn't the best. I think I may actually dislike it more than season 4.... And I can't STAND that freaking season.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the latest.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

I just feel like this show really isn't connected anymore. I mean it seems to have really split up (for me) in S5 after Tara was turned and Sookie decided to be taken out of the vampire world (again ). Without Tara Lafayette wasn't nearly used enough, especially considering that Jesus' death made him that demon voodoo guy and still there wasn't a lot of exploration into it. I really hope that now everyone is facing the same problem with these rabid vampires that they come together again.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

From SpoilerTV:
Quote:

I know it's early, but do you have any scoop on True Blood? — Brandon
NATALIE:
Just because the show jumped ahead six months in the finale, don't expect to see Sam's hybrid baby in the flesh next season. Executive producer Brian Buckner explains: "Our 10 episodes [usually] take place over the course of two weeks," which, even on TV, isn't enough time to hatch a hybrid. But he stresses that if this is deemed to be the final season, things may unfold a little more rapidly.
Latest from TV Guide - Various Shows - 27th August 2013 | Spoilers
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Not that anyone cares about that baby tho
Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Not that anyone cares about that baby tho

If there's a baby. I do not think Nicole and the baby will make throughout season 7. I can see her getting the virus,or being attack by an infected vampire. Sam's girlfriend never last long..and kids on the show never hardly stick around.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread