Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

I hope that means that Eric lives and not just that Eric will be in flashbacks...me and my cynical heart.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
TVLINE | Alexander Skarsgard — will he be back for Season 7?
I can tell you that Alexander Skarsgard is going to be a part of the next season of True Blood. He will be a series regular.
Series regular doesn't smell like flashbacks/Godric sort of apparitions to me.

Also

Quote:
TVLINE | I’m guessing Eric won’t suddenly be alive and well in the Season 7 premiere.
No. That would be a cheat, wouldn’t it? That would be an incredible cheat. Pam has gone off in search of Eric, and maybe she’s going to be the one to find him, y’know?
Does she just casually finds him in the snow? or does she saves him? who knows.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe Eric causes an avalanche so he's buried in the snow to avoid being burned alive and Pam has to dig out his freezing corpse-like body...
Old 08-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Then that solves it then! So I'm assuming Pam prolly swoops in and saves him and they take shelter underneath that large thing of shade next to him.......... I still can't get over that.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

I saw that too...seriously vamp speed your ass into the shade and dig yourself a freaking hole!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
I saw that too...seriously vamp speed your ass into the shade and dig yourself a freaking hole!
Lol if they were gonna do a scene like why not just have it set in a desert where there was no visible shade..... Or just not put the shade in the shot period, lol. But I like your theory of the avancle, plus if he's stuck underneath snow until the sun goes down, that'll provide him with a ton of angst of where he thinks no one will ever find him and he'll freeze his ass off and have flashbacks involving Nora Godric and then possibly Pam, and then WHOOSH she comes in and saves the day at night fall.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
Then that solves it then! So I'm assuming Pam prolly swoops in and saves him and they take shelter underneath that large thing of shade next to him.......... I still can't get over that.

I do not see how Pam could save Eric, since she can no longer walk in the sun. She would burn up. Beside it would take her some time to get there, unless Pam learn how to fly. Up until now, Pam only learn how to hoover.

Quote:
Series regular doesn't smell like flashbacks/Godric sort of apparitions to me.
They seem to be very coy about rather,or not Eric is dead. If he is indeed dead then he will probably be back like Godric ,or maybe since Eric drink almost all of Warlow's blood, maybe he will return like Bill did after drinking Lilith's blood. Hell, maybe Lilith's save Eric like she did with Bill?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lol if they were gonna do a scene like why not just have it set in a desert where there was no visible shade..... Or just not put the shade in the shot period, lol. But I like your theory of the avancle, plus if he's stuck underneath snow until the sun goes down, that'll provide him with a ton of angst of where he thinks no one will ever find him and he'll freeze his ass off and have flashbacks involving Nora Godric and then possibly Pam, and then WHOOSH she comes in and saves the day at night fall.
I think if they wanted to hype up Eric possible death he would remain frozen for a long time and Pam might be digging through a ton of debris before she finds him (if my idea is correct).

Damon's secret Pam flew in this last episode. She flew away from Tara after she told her that she was a ****ty maker (or something like that).
Old 08-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Exec producer Brian Buckner answered burning questions including whether we’ll see Eric again, if Tara’s mother is a Hep V carrier, and why you should have faith in season 7.

From EW:
Quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You’ve confirmed that Alexander Skarsgard will return and be a regular on the show next season. Eric’s alive!
BRIAN BUCKNER:
[Laughs] Well, I did not confirm that he’s alive. Not that I want to create more conversation, because I don’t, but to be clear, we’re not saying how we’re going to use him, we’re simply saying that we are using him. I will say that I do long for the days when television audiences could stand to wait and enjoy the tease. But I understand we’re living in a different time. I don’t want to watch a show without him either.

So he wasn’t suicidal, sitting on that mountaintop so exposed?

Nobody knew the rule that if Warlow died, the blood that he gave to you would lose its efficacy. It was a surprise to all the vampires who realized that they just lost their ability to walk in the sun, but Eric was the only one in a timezone where it was light out. I think in the sort of “What the f— just happened?” of it all [Laughs] some people missed the idea that it was Warlow dying that precipitated that event. So if people called it an anticlimax, that Warlow’s death came and went without consequence, no, the Eric thing is the consequence of Warlow’s death.

I think we’ve seen fairy blood wear off before, so a lot of viewers were thinking that was a possibility. Or are you saying Warlow’s blood would never have worn off?

Maybe it’s on us. Warlow’s blood was special in that once you had it, it was not gonna wear off. It was the real deal. That’s why Sookie’s blood and Adilyn’s blood didn’t do what Warlow’s blood could do. Bill, at a certain point in the season, realized Warlow is the prophecy, that’s why Lilith all along said that you alone are going to be responsible for the continuation of the species. But when Warlow died, out went everybody’s ability to walk in the sun.

Another popular question is if Tara’s mother, Lettie Mae (Adina Porter), is actually a Hep V carrier. It occurred to me, but I ruled it out because she was just too convincing asking Tara (Rutina Wesley) to be her blood donor to make up for forgetting to feed Tara for days when she was growing up.

Let me just say this, and I realize that there has been an abrupt change in the kinds of storytelling that we do, but going into a seventh season of a show, if our characters can’t grow and change, then we have a problem. So we need to be able to allow ourselves to believe that Bill can see the error of his ways and want to change, and then the question becomes about forgiveness, and that Lettie Mae — I mean, what mother wouldn’t feel badly about that? The idea that there must be plot behind everything that we do — I don’t want to have the audience constantly demanding that everything be plot-driven. It was genuine on Lettie Mae’s part. It’s not to say that there won’t be complications that arise, but people can be telling the truth.
'True Blood' finale: EP Brian Buckner answers burning questions | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know I'm late to the party but I could only find time to watch the episode. I just can't believe we only had one scene of Eric and it was him burning... so ridiculous.

I'm pleasantly surprised at alcide/sookie's relationship but even as an alcide/sookie fan I didn't like how they got together. I wish there was some build up this season. I hear that there will be a bill/sookie/alcide love triangle next season. I wish they could just stop writing love triangles. It's so clear that the series will end up with bill and Sookie and it really offends me since I'll never understand their appeal.

Pacey&Joey/Seth&Summer/Brooke&Lucas/Taylor&Ryan/Alcide&Sookie/Tyler&Caroline/Damon&Elena/Nick&Jess/Jack&Emily/Lemon&Wade/Katniss&Gale/Emma&Neal
Old 08-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah in my opinion Bill and Sookie's relationship shudda just been that intro relationship for the show and then have them both just move on after the whole season 3 fiasco. I have a feeling at some point in season 7 Alcide is gonna propose to Sookie and she's gonna freeze up, tell him she needs time to think and she'll cheat on him with Bill. I don't understand why she feels the need to go back to him, he's showed his ass on several occasions. I feel like they're just trynna incorporate Anna and Stephen's relationship into the show because Bill/Sookie can't be fan service cause honestly I know no one who still wants them together.

Also was it just me, or did that scene between the three of them at the end of the episode feel WAAAAY too Twilighty, like the whole banter between bill and Alcide and Sookie caught in the middle? Wonder if the writers did that on purpose

Last edited by Ellielover19; 08-21-2013 at 02:19 PM
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah in my opinion Bill and Sookie's relationship shudda just been that intro relationship for the show and then have them both just move on after the whole season 3 fiasco. I have a feeling at some point in season 7 Alcide is gonna propose to Sookie and she's gonna freeze up, tell him she needs time to think and she'll cheat on him with Bill. I don't understand why she feels the need to go back to him, he's showed his ass on several occasions. I feel like they're just trynna incorporate Anna and Stephen's relationship into the show because Bill/Sookie can't be fan service cause honestly I know no one who still wants them together.

Also was it just me, or did that scene between the three of them at the end of the episode feel WAAAAY too Twilighty, like the whole banter between bill and Alcide and Sookie caught in the middle? Wonder if the writers did that on purpose
Agree 100%.

And yes it did have some Twilight-ish feel to it now that you mention it.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulitlana (View Post)
I know I'm late to the party but I could only find time to watch the episode. I just can't believe we only had one scene of Eric and it was him burning... so ridiculous.

I'm pleasantly surprised at alcide/sookie's relationship but even as an alcide/sookie fan I didn't like how they got together. I wish there was some build up this season. I hear that there will be a bill/sookie/alcide love triangle next season. I wish they could just stop writing love triangles. It's so clear that the series will end up with bill and Sookie and it really offends me since I'll never understand their appeal.

Actually in the book Sookie wound up with Eric. But I guess for the series that is not going to happen. Personally, I think them deciding now to hook Sookie up with Alcide was a last minute thing. I think they had plan on getting rid of Eric ( although they claim they wasn't) and they brought Warlow in to take his place. However the fans didn't warm up to Warlow, so they killed him off and shove in Alcide. It was earlier this season that they said that they weren't going to put alcide with Sookie. So for them to suddenly change their minds,I think it was a last minute thing.

Also they claim that Eric is dead, now they are claiming Eric will be back. I think that too was a last minute decision,and it came when they realize that if Eric leave they will lose half of their fan base,and the rating will drop. So now they have to find a way to bring Eric back,and to lure Alex back to TB.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon's secret (View Post)
Actually in the book Sookie wound up with Eric. But I guess for the series that is not going to happen. Personally, I think them deciding now to hook Sookie up with Alcide was a last minute thing. I think they had plan on getting rid of Eric ( although they claim they wasn't) and they brought Warlow in to take his place. However the fans didn't warm up to Warlow, so they killed him off and shove in Alcide. It was earlier this season that they said that they weren't going to put alcide with Sookie. So for them to suddenly change their minds,I think it was a last minute thing.

Also they claim that Eric is dead, now they are claiming Eric will be back. I think that too was a last minute decision,and it came when they realize that if Eric leave they will lose half of their fan base,and the rating will drop. So now they have to find a way to bring Eric back,and to lure Alex back to TB.
Actually in the books Sookie ended up with Sam. In fact fans went nuts and freaked on the author for it. I mean in the books (13 books) she was with Bill for like 3 of them and then with Eric for like 7 of them. It's pretty crazy that she ended it like that but oh well.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I read ALL the books before watching True Blood because I knew they were two completely different things.
I didn't mind that she ended with Sam in the books, it made sense. He was much more implicated in Sookie's life and also Sookie WORKED AT MERLOTTE even when she had a bad evening the day before (as opposed to almost never in TB).
I liked when she was with Eric but they had problems a few books before the last one, so I was convinced she was going to end up with "someone else".
As for True Blood, Sam is not even in the competition. Last time I checked he was interested in S1, that's it. I would be very angry if they would force a Sam/Sookie pairing in the near future on TB because it would make NO SENSE at this point.
And yes, that's coming from a Sookie/Sam shipper IN THE BOOKS.
Last week when she went to Sam and said "what if..." it made me angry and I thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever!
Well, then they kinda shoved Alcide down our throat. Well at least, unlike Sam, we know that on TB he's into her.

...as much as I love True Blood this finale was just a big Ole mess! I don't know how they are gonna make this show watchable next season! LOL!
Just the fact that they changed Merlotte's for Bellefleur's is just...oh my! SO RIDICULOUS!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread