Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep watching or not. I didn't like latest episode. The only characters I liked was John and Astrid. I usually like Stephen and can understand his point of view to certain degrees, but last night he really grated on my nerves. Cara was even worse. I do not like her character at all. The way she treats John and the recent episode was over the line. The whole obey crap was ridiculous. I'm getting tired of her sweeping away his valid concerns, making it about having control. That John concerns were confirmed doesn't seem to have taken them off their high horses. The only moments I liked with Stephen was with Astrid. No way can I ship John/Cara no matter how much chemistry they might have not the way Cara treats him. The only romantic relationship I maybe ship is Stephen/Astrid.

Maybe it will change, but I doubt it. It seems to be ongoing pattern.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope we get more A&S scenes in the next ep
Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I'm not sure if I'm going to keep watching or not. I didn't like latest episode. The only characters I liked was John and Astrid. I usually like Stephen and can understand his point of view to certain degrees, but last night he really grated on my nerves. Cara was even worse. I do not like her character at all. The way she treats John and the recent episode was over the line. The whole obey crap was ridiculous. I'm getting tired of her sweeping away his valid concerns, making it about having control. That John concerns were confirmed doesn't seem to have taken them off their high horses. The only moments I liked with Stephen was with Astrid. No way can I ship John/Cara no matter how much chemistry they might have not the way Cara treats him. The only romantic relationship I maybe ship is Stephen/Astrid.

Maybe it will change, but I doubt it. It seems to be ongoing pattern.
Yeh, to be honest, none of the eps are all that great. The only things I enjoy are John, Astrid, Stephen/Astrid, and Russell. Tonight's ep was slightly more interesting than all the previous ones. I enjoyed Russell getting some time to shine and that I totally understood the Korean without the subtitles. All that study has paid off! I also liked Piper and hope she sticks around, and we get more Russell/Piper scenes. No Atrid, boooooo. She was mentioned, but I missed her this ep. OMG, the Stephen/Cara scenes were so awkward. No chem at all and now I am officially done with Cara. Why would you go there with Stephen when you're with John. She is so not worthy of either and it just makes her look bad. Stephen too. And when I enjoy secondary female characters more than the lead, that says it all. Astrid, Piper, and Irene are all more fun and likable than Cara. Anyway, since the show is getting a full season, I'll probably stick around for whatever Stephen/Astrid and Piper/Russ possibilities there may be.

Bones: I feel like kicking him.
Booth: That's normal after a pursuit, we try not to do that.

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

I was really enjoying the episodes but now that they seem to be going the Stephen/Cara root i might puke. I enjoyed the whole episode minus everything Cara/Stephen. I loved John this episode. They sort of gave him a softer understanding side we had never seen before. He was finally a friend first instead of a dickhead leader. It was nice.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Fan

John and Russell were flawless. Stephen and Cara not so much. Can't believe it was less than 24 hours John was gone and she's already jumping Stephen. I hope the show doesn't get bogged down by the triangle. I like the other dynamics.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I am liking Cara less and less. John has been their leader even before she joined and has kept them safe. Stephan is bad enough acting like a rebelloius teen who is always doing what he wants. And Cara was just as bad. Three people got killed because of these two idiots.

Also, John has more reason to be angry at Cara than her at him. His past is his past and he explained why he has not told anyone where she brought them danger.

John deserves better.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:48 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
John deserves better.
Yep. I haven't fully watched the ep yet but from the GIF's I've seen on Tumblr I'm not gonna like it. I'm really hoping this triangle business is over soon cause it's ruining Steven & Cara's characters for me. Like we all knew they were gonna go there at some point since they've been shoved down our throats since the first ep, but it just seems really contrived & that last scene looks super awkward. But since this show has Julie Plec as one of it's producers it wouldn't surprise me if at some point this season the Tomorrow People part of the story takes a back foot & it becomes all about who Cara's gonna choose.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't believe there was no Astrid which sucks
Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

What the hell was that. Hated this episode. At least the parts with Cara and Stephen. John and Russel were great and I would like to see more of Piper. No Astrid. That sucked. I don't like where this show is going and it's making me think about whether or not to stick around or drop this show while it's still new.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I don't like where this show is going and it's making me think about whether or not to stick around or drop this show while it's still new.
I'm thinking the same thing. The only episode of the show I've really enjoyed so far is the pilot, since it had more of a focus on the Tomorrow People side of things rather than the romance. If the show would stick with the TP side of things as the main plot along with the character back stories and action in the way that Arrow does, instead of focussing so much on the stupid triangle I'd stick with it. But right now the shows really annoying me and it's a shame cause it has a lot of potential.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
New Fan

Ok, there are some huge problems with Cara's actions.

1. The secret John was keeping from her was that he had been experimented on and, in his opinion, turned into a monster. Wouldn't the natural reaction for Cara be to comfort John and reassure him that he's not a monster? I know she said that she was upset that he hid things from her and not that he could kill, but she was still giving him a look of disgust which would only serve to conrfirm to him that he is now a monster.

2. A few episodes ago Cara scoffed at John being callerd her boyfriend. In another episode she showed Stephen something she had never shown anyone, thus something that she had kept from John. So its fine for her to distance herself from John and keep secrets from him, but John keeping something from her is unforgiveable?

3. At the start of the episode John wanted to talk to him and she was trying to avoid him. Then when Russell revealed that he was going to his father's funeral John decided to go with him for support and to help make sure he was safe. And Cara, who had treid to give John the cold shoulder, had the nerve to lecture John, who was leaving to help a friend, about running away from the conversation they needed to have.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Chicago PD

Cara's main issue with John is that he won't tell her all of his secrets and fully trust her... yet she goes and bones Stephen the minute John turns his back.

Cara is a jerk. Stephen is not much better but Cara seems to judge how John should treat her to a different standard then how she treats him.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone likes John and Cara but I created a twitter to show support for them. https://twitter.com/TeamJohnandCara. If you like them you can follow. Thanks <3

“We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't.” Frank A. Clark
Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Chicago PD

The Tomorrow People - BTS Set Photos - 12th November 2013 | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Cara's main issue with John is that he won't tell her all of his secrets and fully trust her... yet she goes and bones Stephen the minute John turns his back.
I haven't watched in awhile but Cara actually slept with Stephen so soon?

i want all that is not mine
i want him but we're not right
Closed Thread   Post New Thread