Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just an update on the Jessica situation: the actress on IMDB who used to be listed as Amanda for 2.3 and 2.4 and Jessica for 2.5 and 2.7 is now listed as "Amanda" for all 4 episodes. This makes me think that this character name is a fake to keep the return of Jessica under wraps and someone just messed up by using the real character name for a short period of time on a couple episodes. I am still nervous but trying to be hopeful about the Lucy/Wyatt storyline.

Still hoping some fans here might have some opinions on why the team might travel to 1981, as stated in the official synopsis released by NBC, given the fact that Emma and Lucy's mom are old enough to exist in that year so they can't be chasing them. I find it very interesting. Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:11 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandHrShipper1 (View Post)
The official synopsis for season two released by NBC, seen here: Timeless season 2: NBC announces premiere date, synopsis | EW.com, states the team will be traveling to 1981.
Thanks.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I don't know why they need to travel to 1981. Maybe that was when the time machine started being created?

Thanks for all the Timeless news! I can't wait for the season 2 premiere
Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

The actress playing Jessica is now listed on IMDB for another episode. She is now listed for 2.8-- and she is listed as Jessica for it instead of the cover up character name of "Amanda" as she is listed for the other episodes.

This is now five episodes that she appears in. Actually it will feel like six episodes because, even though she is not listed for 2.6, the character has to still be around even though the audience might not physically see her during that ep. That is more than half the season.

I know this will probably sound silly to everyone else, but the longer Jessica is around, the more discouraged I get about Lucy and Wyatt. I just keep picturing episode after episode of Lucy being in pain but trying to hide it on missions and Wyatt coming home to Jessica in between missions where it's all awkward but he feels obligated to stay. That is almost the least pleasant viewing experience I can imagine. I hate to say this because I love this show (and again, I know it probably sounds silly or like I'm being overly dramatic because it is just a t.v. show) but I'm starting to not look forward to season two now that I know Jessica returns and is around for so long. That's just the way I feel.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I understand what you are saying. I love Lucy and Wyatt as well and I don't want Jessica to come between them either.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I understand what you are saying. I love Lucy and Wyatt as well and I don't want Jessica to come between them either.
Thanks for the support. I love this show and I certainly will watch, it's just going to be tough. I will feel better if the cast for 2.9 or 2.10 (or both!) doesn't include the actress playing Jessica. Then we can know the writers have completed her arc and we can look forward to the end of the season even more.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yeah if she's not in the last two eps it will definitely help

I really would like for Lucy and Wyatt to be together in the final ep because a third season is not guaranteed for this show. We barely got the second season as it was cancelled for awhile and then the network changed their mind. That almost never happens but I am so glad it did for this show.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I really would like for Lucy and Wyatt to be together in the final ep because a third season is not guaranteed for this show. We barely got the second season as it was cancelled for awhile and then the network changed their mind. That almost never happens but I am so glad it did for this show.
Exactly! This show was brought back from cancellation once so its unlikely to happen again. I also get the feeling that this show is expensive to produce so the ratings have to justify a third season. I hope the writers recognize this (maybe NBC made it clear to them) so that they can resolve things like Lucy/Wyatt just in case.

I agree, Lucy and Wyatt together and happy in the season's final scene is the most important thing. I just think two eps without Jessica is a little more room to let that happen and not feel rushed. However, I'll take a Lucy/Wyatt happy ending any way I can get it.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK, the first promo for season two has aired and I am SOOOOOO upset!

THAT KISS is killing me. I would be jumping up and down to see that normally but that is clearly from the 1941 ep which is the third ep of the season and that is the same ep where Jessica returns! I was worried the writers would chose to put Lucy through the maximum amount of pain by putting them together and THEN have Jessica return. And that seems to be what is going to happen. Since Jessica is staying until at least 2.08, I am so anxious about how all of this is going to play out.

Last edited by RandHrShipper1; 02-17-2018 at 03:06 PM
Old 02-15-2018, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the promo.

I haven't watched the show yet but I heard it's good.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Thanks for the promo.

It is! It is one of the most entertaining shows to come around in a long time. Highly recommended!
Old 02-18-2018, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for the double post but I found a new bit of info.

The cast list on IMDB now lists the characters of Thomas Delahanty and John Hinckley Jr. for ep 2.08 so it looks like that ep will focus on the Reagan assassination attempt. That makes 2.08 the 1981 ep. Still wondering how Emma and Lucy's mom go to that year given the rules of time travel established by this show. Interesting stuff!
Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Thanks for the promo.

It is a good show. IMO anyway. I am the odd person out here because I really don't care for Lucy/Wyatt as a couple. I just like them as individual characters.

But I love the history that's shown on the show as well. Just a different, entertaining show.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
But I love the history that's shown on the show as well. Just a different, entertaining show.
I love the history on the show too! This series is VERY entertaining.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:09 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the promo.