Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

I was so disapointed when it got cancel. So glad its back.

Icon by Me
Old 11-06-2017, 09:51 PM
MST Manager

Me too!

Thanks for the links.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The word of the day - soon, soon, soon!

Timeless Season 2 Premiere Date - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide

Quote:
While there are plenty of questions remaining from the end of Timeless' first season, the biggest question on fans' minds is when it will be back.

Expect an answer very soon, says creator Shawn Ryan. Like, really soon. TV Guide spoke to Ryan at the Television Critics Association winter press tour to get some details.
"I have a feeling that NBC — when's their [TCA] session? In the next couple days? I have a feeling they will be making an announcement very shortly," said Ryan. "They've kind of informed us of a general window, and I don't want to step on that especially because it's not final, but my guess is you'll find out very shortly."

Timeless Season 2 was originally scheduled for a spring or summer return, but Ryan's words that an announcement is coming soon — NBC's TCA session is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 9 — means we're probably looking at a spring date. NBC likely won't be announcing summer premiere dates until later this year, but is likely to announce its spring schedule in the coming weeks (or as Ryan hinted at, coming days).
Old 01-10-2018, 01:45 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miria (View Post)
Some mild spoilers about the developement of Lucy in season 2. Great to see Lucy going to be more proactive. But I'm pretty sure this will cause some problems. And I think I'll like it!

Any scoops about Timeless? — Monica
Timeless is about to go back into production, so I pressed Abigail Spencer for any scoop she could share about season 2. “It’s going to be more of what you loved about season 1 and some really cool shifts,” she says. “We’re going to go deeper into the history, and Lucy is going to have to deal with the fact that her mom is a super baddie. Lucy is really going to grow. Season 1 Lucy, things were happening to her, ‘Oh my gosh, time machines! Time travel!’ and she was trying to keep it all together. She was a very reactive and strung along character, and I think she’s going to be a more proactive character now in making things happen in season 2.”

source: Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Timeless,' 'Supergirl,' 'SVU' and more
Thanks. Sounds good!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:38 AM
MST Manager

I am looking forward to this show coming back.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK, guys. I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you all haven't heard this yet, but I wanted to discuss this with other fans of the show. This could be a MAJOR SPOILER:

Jessica is listed as a character for season two on the show's IMDB page. http://http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5...=tt_cl_sm#cast

An actress named Tonya Glanz is listed for three episodes so far for season two, and for episodes 2.3 and 2.4 her character name is "Amanda" then for episode 2.5 her character's name is listed as "Jessica".

I can not put into words my dismay when I saw that. After everything the writers have already put the character of Lucy through, the return of Wyatt's dead wife really just feels like overkill. I'm trying to figure out why the character name change. (Is she really Jessica or a Rittenhouse plant? Or did Wyatt's attempt in episode 1.13 actually work and Jessica has had amnesia until season two? Or was someone trying to keep a huge plot point like that secret by using a fake character name for the IMDB list at first?)

I will keep checking to see of any other episodes get added to the actress's list on the page. Right now the only good thing I can see about this is that all of this is happening fairly early in the season--enough time for the writers to resolve the situation and get Lucy and Wyatt together by the end of the season. (PLEASE don't let them have gotten together BEFORE Jessica's return; that would be so horrible!) I will honestly feel like I wasted my time watching this show if the Lucy/Wyatt storyline is left hanging at the end of the season and then the show gets cancelled for good so the audience never gets to see them get together.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:25 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the information, and welcome to the board, RandHrShipper1.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wouldn't worry about Jessica that much.

We know about her being back since someone shared the first page of the 2.03 script in early December (where she's actually mentioned as Jessica, not Amanda). What we don't know are the circumstances of her appearance. Could be flashbacks, dream sequences, maybe even a twin, hence Amanda? Lots of possibilities.

This is what we know/figured out so far. (Not intended to be exhaustive or correct. )

ETA: Don't get confused because of the episode numbers. I sorted them the way they are actually filming (prod. no.), IMDb uses the scipt numbers (script no.) order. I'm going to change it to series number (ser. no.) order once they're actually airing the episodes.
As far as we know they're currently filming 2.05 and prep for 2.06.

ETA2: Who can tell me how to get a picture into my signature?

Last edited by miria; 01-30-2018 at 12:39 AM
Old 01-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

First, THANKS for that chart of info, miria! I have been excited about the settings for the early episodes of season two since I heard of them. (I read about Hedy Lamarr's brilliance in science a long time ago and love that it's being included in a t.v. series and as for the Witch Trials ep, who wants to bet Lucy ends up going through the water test or tied to a stake?) Can't wait to see what the other eps of the season have in store.

Second, as for the Jessica plot point, those ideas would explain the two character names. However, since you mentioned Jessica is specified in the 2.3 script first page and given the fact that the actress is sticking around for so long, I have a feeling that hints at a real return of the character. I'm pessimistic, I guess, because I think that is such a dramatic conflict which the writers probably couldn't resist. They seem to like hurting Lucy for some reason. I enjoy this show so much and the Lucy/Wyatt storyline is one that has engaged me more than anything else on t.v. in a while, so I'm just nervous about it.

(BTW, where do you all find things like the script pages and behind-the-scenes photos because I don't think I'm searching well enough?)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:19 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the chart, miria.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, the actress playing Jessica is now listed on IMDB for ANOTHER episode! She is now listed as "Jessica" for episode 2.7. (She is not currently listed for 2.6.)

The longer this actress and character appear on the show, the more apprehensive I get about the Lucy/Wyatt subplot. I am really afraid the writers are just assuming they will get a third season so they won't let the romance happen yet and then the show will get cancelled again, for good this time. That would be the worst case scenario for me.

And the thing is, I'm skeptical that the writers ever intended to put Lucy and Wyatt together for real because of that part of Lucy's future diary that Flynn read to them-- it implies they are STILL not together years from now. I wish I knew for sure if I am going to end up disappointed.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandHrShipper1 (View Post)
However, since you mentioned Jessica is specified in the 2.3 script first page
Oh, she's not mentioned on the very first page, but on the second. It just showed through a little bit. There are some very talented people in the fandom who used Photoshop to lighten the picture.

Quote:
(BTW, where do you all find things like the script pages and behind-the-scenes photos because I don't think I'm searching well enough?)
Cast and crew are active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (and especially Insta Stories). Here are my Season 2 Twitter moments, which include actual Tweets, links to Instagram posts and Insta Stories posted on Twitter. I hope you all can see them, even if you don't have a Twitter account.

Part 1: https://twitter.com/i/moments/872601659943391232
Part 2: https://twitter.com/i/moments/932577242718396416
Part 3: https://twitter.com/i/moments/942070263453241344
Part 4: https://twitter.com/i/moments/955213435347849216
Part 5: https://twitter.com/i/moments/956144093066915841

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Well, the actress playing Jessica is now listed on IMDB for ANOTHER episode!
The longer she's apparently around as cast, the more I get the impression that maybe Jessica is Rittenhouse too. What if her death was fake? They definitely needed a reason for Wyatt to join the team (Lucy and Rufus were chosen for a reason, so there HAS to be something for Wyatt too), and I first thought it would've been Jessica's death (caused by Rittenhouse), but what if it was all staged? We all know what Rittenhouse is capable of, so I'm not surprised that after Karma Chameleon Jessica "stayed" dead in the books although she was probably alive.
find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/miri_1001

Last edited by miria; 02-02-2018 at 07:44 PM
Old 02-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

First, thanks for that info, miria.

Now, for the discussion:
Quote:
The longer she's apparently around as cast, the more I get the impression that maybe Jessica is Rittenhouse too. What if her death was fake? They definitely needed a reason for Wyatt to join the team (Lucy and Rufus were chosen for a reason, so there HAS to be something for Wyatt too), and I first thought it would've been Jessica's death (caused by Rittenhouse), but what if it was all staged? We all know what Rittenhouse is capable of, so I'm not surprised that after Karma Chameleon Jessica "stayed" dead in the books although she was probably alive.
THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! I thought she might be a Rittenhouse plant (in other words, a really good fake playing Jessica just to mess with the team's unity) but for Jessica to be Rittenhouse FROM THE BEGINNING is an excellent twist and I think it's a wonderful way for the writers to go in terms of Lucy/Wyatt. Now I really hope this is the way the story goes!

Now, I want to get everyone else's opinion on something else. The official synopsis for season two released by NBC, seen here: Timeless season 2: NBC announces premiere date, synopsis | EW.com, states the team will be traveling to 1981. One of the rules of time travel established by this show is that a person can not travel to a time where they already exist. Emma and Lucy's mom are old enough to exist in 1981, so they can't travel to it. So WHY does the team go to 1981? I'm intrigued.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:02 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Cast and crew are active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (and especially Insta Stories). Here are my Season 2 Twitter moments, which include actual Tweets, links to Instagram posts and Insta Stories posted on Twitter. I hope you all can see them, even if you don't have a Twitter account.

Part 1: https://twitter.com/i/moments/872601659943391232
Part 2: https://twitter.com/i/moments/932577242718396416
Part 3: https://twitter.com/i/moments/942070263453241344
Part 4: https://twitter.com/i/moments/955213435347849216
Part 5: https://twitter.com/i/moments/956144093066915841
Thanks.