Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Terra Nova S&S #1 - An epic family adventure 85 million years in the making

DESCRIPTION

September 26

An epic family adventure 85 million years in the making, "Terra Nova" follows an ordinary family embarking on an incredible journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a small part of a daring experiment to save the human race. In the year 2149 the world is dying. The planet is overdeveloped, overcrowded and overpolluted. With no known way to reverse the damage to the planet, scientists discover a portal to prehistoric Earth. This doorway leads to an amazing world, one that allows for a last-ditch effort to save the human race... a second chance to rebuild civilization and get it right this time.

The series centers on the Shannon family as they join the Tenth Pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first colony established in this beautiful yet forbidding land led by its founder Commander Nathaniel Taylor (Stephen Lang, Avatar). Jim Shannon (Jason O'Mara, "Life on Mars"), a devoted father with a checkered past, guides his family – wife Elisabeth (Shelley Conn, "Mistresses"); and children Josh (Landon Liboiron, "Degrassi: The Next Generation"), Maddy (Naomi Scott, "Life Bites") and Zoe (newcomer Alana Mansour) – through this new land of limitless beauty, mystery and terror. In addition to blue skies, towering waterfalls and lush vegetation, Terra Nova offers new opportunities and fresh beginnings to its recent arrivals, but the Shannons have brought with them a familial secret that may threaten their citizenship in this utopia. These adventurers soon discover that this healthy, vibrant world is not as idyllic as it initially appears. The areas surrounding Terra Nova are teeming with danger – and not just of the man-eating dinosaur variety. The Shannons will come to suspect that not everyone on this mission has the same idea of how to best save mankind; in fact, there may be forces intent on destroying this new world before it even begins.

"Terra Nova" is produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Chernin Entertainment, DreamWorks Television and Kapital Entertainment. Steven Spielberg, Peter Chernin, Brannon Braga, René Echevarria, Jon Cassar, Aaron Kaplan, Katherine Pope, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Craig Silverstein and Kelly Marcel serve as executive producers. Alex Graves serves as executive producer and directed the series preview.

GENERAL SPOILERS

EPISODES

EPISODE 1.12/1.13 “Occupation/Resistance”
AIRDATE: December 19
Promo,Prevuew #1, Preview #2, Preview #3, Preview #4, Preview #5, Preview #6 Terra Nova - Exclusive Clip (First Eight Minutes) | Facebook
DESCRIPTION: THE COLONY MAKES A LAST STAND TO FIGHT THE FUTURE ON THE SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “TERRA NOVA” MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, ON FOX
In the two-hour season finale, the 11th Pilgrimage arrives in Terra Nova and the mysterious Phoenix Group in 2149 makes its move to pillage the past with the help of Lucas and Mira. Meanwhile, Jim and Taylor team up in a last stand against the Phoenix Group, a colonist makes the ultimate sacrifice and a decision is made that will change life in Terra Nova forever in the all-new “Occupation/Resistance” episode of TERRA NOVA premiering Monday, Dec. 19 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), on FOX. (TN-112/113) (TV-TBD)
Cast: Jason O’Mara as Jim Shannon; Stephen Lang as Cmdr. Nathaniel Taylor; Shelley Conn as Dr. Elisabeth Shannon; Landon Liboiron as Josh Shannon; Naomi Scott as Maddy Shannon; Alana Mansour as Zoe Shannon; Allison Miller as Skye; Christine Adams as Mira; Rod Hallett as Dr. Malcolm Wallace.
Guest Cast: Simone Kessell as Washington; Ashley Zuckerman as Lucas Taylor; Dean Geyer as Reynolds; Damian Walshe-Howling as Carter; Emelia Burns as Reilly; Peter Lamb as Casey Durwin; Matt Scully as Dunham; Damien Garvey as Boylan; Jay Ryan as Curran; Caroline Brazier as Deborah

GENERAL SPOILERS:

General Spoilers

Terra Nova's Jason O'Mara says a regular will die by season's end

Jason O'Mara Talks Terra Nova's Big (Yet Small) Surprise, Dino Action, and Season 1's Major Death

Terra Nova Season 1 Teens in Terra Nova - MovieWeb.com

Terra Nova | What exactly is there for a prehistoric policeman to do when he’s not thwarting attempts on Taylor’s life? Jason O’Mara told me that fans of the Fox series can expect Jim Shannon to tackle a variety of crimes, all the while keeping the Sixers in line. Most interestingly, the actor teased “a theft in Episode 6, by someone you would least expect — and it turns out that person isn’t what they seem, which will be a recurring theme.” Just as mysterious is the pilfered goods. “What they’ve thieved is something we didn’t even know existed, and that is linked mythologically with what’s coming up,” O’Mara says.
Source

'Terra Nova' scoop: Producers reveal death, romance, shark-dinos to come | Inside TV | EW.com

What's coming up on Terra Nova? — Jonathan
NATALIE: If you thought Josh Shannon was annoying (he's like the new Tyler), just wait until you meet Commander Taylor's son. Let's just say the arrival of the 11th pilgrimage will not be a welcome one.
Source

Terra Nova Braces for Explosive Season Finale

PROMO PHOTOS:

Terra Nova - Season 1 - Finale - 30+ Promotional Photos

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 12-18-2011 at 02:48 PM
Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the thread for this new show, Tara.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First image release about the show. I thought I bring it over.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:29 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for doing that. I am adding this show to Gay's list of threads to monitor.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are there any people cast for this project yet?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the threead!

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
Are there any people cast for this project yet?
None at the monent. Though they wanted Kyle Chandler from "Friday Night Lights to play the father, but he turned it down.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Which station does this air/will this air on?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's going to air on Fox.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Kyle Chandler is filming season 5 of Friday Night Lights, isn't he?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, he is, but I heard that was the last season of "Friday Night Lights" and by the time they start filming "Terra nova" he would of been available at least that is what I have heard.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CASTING NEWS!

Jason O'Mara to star in Fox's 'Terra Nova' - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Thanks to k-site for pointing out this news!

I saw him on "Life on Mars" and I enjoyed the show. He's really great! I think it's awesome casting.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add two more to the list of creators behind FOX’s upcoming time-travel-dinosaur show, Terra Nova:

Reaper creators Michelle Fazekas and Tara Butters have joined the staff.

Credit: Ksite
Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the updates guys.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread