Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Teen Wolf is just sloppy. I can't even with this show anymore...
Old 04-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I find it terribly sloppy to just drop the character like this, but I have to say that for both Arden and the character it's a better choice than to keep her on the show. The character has been badly used on the show since season 4, she's simply there to kick very little ass and kiss Scott once in a while. The mythology of kitsunes haven't been developed at all and her story arcs are minimal and badly spread out. She was almost a blink and you'll miss it thing this year....

Arden will have better career opportunities elsewhere. It's not like the show will suffer with one less character to ignore half the time.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Her arc is handled just as poorly as everyone else's is though... I mean Scott's true alpha-ness has been handled badly since day 1, I am still not sure what the hell it means and they never have explained it well. Stiles has been pushed into the background, his scenes are of no importance... not too mention we still don't know his real name or his father's name. Lydia's banshee arc had more to do with Parrish than anything else, and Malia's arc is all over the damn place... when a show that focuses more on the backgrounds of the actual villains than that of the main cast.. you know how truly bad it has gotten. TW's quality has sunk so low.. I don't think anything could save it. I have no doubt that season 6 the ratings will sink even lower especially now that Arden has gone, DOB's screen time is very limited, and the 2.0 characters are taking over.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Season 6 is for sure the last one. The show has sunk very low. The producers are probably hoping Stydia will revive the show, but at this point it's a lost cause IMO.

Focus is a pretty extreme issue on TW, Kira's development was minimal, but of course she's not the only case. Did Boyd get any? Seriously a lot of characters need at least a few episodes to themselves to be rounded out, but that's never going to happen.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Boyd, Erica, and Derek are other examples of how poorly the characters get treated

Braeden and Danny were other characters who should have been explored more. I understand that having a big cast makes it more difficult to keep the focus on certain characters (and that some time actors do just want to move on), but if they just minimise their intake of new characters, and stop adding an over-abundance of villains.. than the show could do a better job at progressing and exploring the characters that the fandom already loves
Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Boyd, Erica, and Derek are other examples of how poorly the characters get treated

Braeden and Danny were other characters who should have been explored more. I understand that having a big cast makes it more difficult to keep the focus on certain characters (and that some time actors do just want to move on), but if they just minimise their intake of new characters, and stop adding an over-abundance of villains.. than the show could do a better job at progressing and exploring the characters that the fandom already loves
Totally agree. They should really pace the season differently as well, we get clusters of fillers after 1 or 2 episodes of significance. Seasons end up being 2/3 fillers about characters that were just introduced instead of the chore group.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Derek will make a return. I really hope so.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:21 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)

Danny was the best. His character could have been so much more, but then one day he just disappeared and no one ever mentioned him again. I didn't get that at all.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Since TW is filming and Dylan is still healing, I'm wondering how much he'll be in the beginning of the season. I heard when Dylan is done healing, he has to go back and finish Mazerunner. Is he just going to film a bulk of all of his scenes from earlier in the season in one go? Have we heard anything more about it? Because before, they were saying how Stiles and Lydia will have this big moment in the premiere and how that bonds them closer together for the rest of the season.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

One of the writers said he'll come back to film, but idk when. He filmed for 2 weeks at the start of the season
Old 04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Even if other episodes have been filmed they can still film Dylan's scenes for them at a later time, ven though production as moved on to other episodes. They did say they were going to adjust filming to his schedule after all.

I personnally don't think Stiles will be missing from a lot of episodes, maybe three tops IMO. Production companies know how to handle that kind of situation seamlessly.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe, but even if Dylan misses 3 or 4 episodes.. that is still pretty much half the season and I believe that the episodes that he will be in.. he will be in very limited The way they have talked about this season.. the way they talk about filming... I just think season 6 is looking very drab I am not here to watch Stiles-less episodes... and the way Kira/Arden was treated is making me resent the show. I also don't want Scott to become like Derek.. I don't want to watch a show that focuses on Liam and have Scott reduced to what they did with Derek
Old 04-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think we have enough intel so far to think all of this will happen in season 6. In some ways, this season can't be worse than the 4th one and many season 5 episodes that revolved around developing Parrish (who served absolutely nothing in the end) or completely ignored past episodes. I do firmly think Dylan will be nearly as present in this season as the ones before, even if there is a storyline where he's kidnapped or something. IMO it will be treated like the many season 5 episodes during which we barely saw what was going in Eichen House while Lydia was there.

The lack of Kira and how Arden was treated certainly puts a damper on things though.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

We shall see. It's nice to see some optimism.. but this show has let it's fans down one too many times.. I don't really have any hope for season 6, and until I hear more about what the hell Stiles arc might be or when/if Dylan comes back to film some more.. I am going to assume Stiles scenes will be extremely light in the first half of
season 6
Closed Thread   Post New Thread