Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Total Fan

Unpopular opinion: If a character is leaving a show for good, personally i'd rather them be killed off (i think i'm a masochist) than disappearing and wondering what happened to them and if they'd ever return for an appearance when it's unlikely. I'm annoyed how Jeff screwed over Allisons character all season, but i'm not mad at him choosing to kill her, but each to their own.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
i think this is it; i loved Allison but that doesn't mean i can't adjust to her death because the actress asked to leave. Jeff did the best he could with ****ty information. Allison would have been there until the end but that wasn't the case because the person playing her left, but lets all blame Jeff for trying to make something good out of something bad. if Dylan asked to leave and then Stiles died i could not in good conscious blame the writer. also? Stiles isn't my favouirte. i don't have one with this show. all of them i treat equally.
what the hell are you talking about? where in my response did i blame jeff for crystal choosing to leave? my entire reply revolves around how he chose to write her exit, not that she left. the only thing you're saying is that you liked the way he wrote it and i am telling you i don't (and why it would've been just as believably as it was for her to die as it would be for her to move to france). jeff has said in closing interviews he was grateful that crystal came to him ahead of time and requested to leave, she has said she came to him early s3, HE decided to write her character the way he did with the remaining 10 or so episodes he had left. shafting a character for a full season and killing them off while spouting a monologue about how perfect it was to die in Scott's arms is not what i'd call making something good out of something bad for reasons i just posted above.

furthermore, speaking about realities of chris argent, i'd find it far more believable that after losing his sister, wife, and daughter he'd go catatonic or at the very least get away from the madness that started it all. but no, because we don't want to lose an actor we bend the rules on what would be ~realistic and keep him totally sane and in the fight. i just don't understand how you guys can say allison HAD to die because realism and then turn around with this crap that if allison left it wouldnt be realistic for him to return without her?

if you preferred that storyline, power to you. but necessary and realistic? lets not go there.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
where in my response did i blame jeff for crystal choosing to leave?
no. nobody said you did. lets refer back to my original quote that people blame jeff for trying to make something good out of a bad situation.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Ugh. I still feel Allison should have died in the finale, there was no real emotional pay-off to her death, expect for Chris and Isaac.
I was wondering why they didn't kill her off in the finale, and i guess it's probably because they needed her revelation of the silver arrows to take place beforehand so they could kill the creeps in the finale? idk
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
no. nobody said you did. lets refer back to my original quote that people blame jeff for trying to make something good out of a bad situation.
yeah, again, i'm not sure what you're getting at now. am i supposed to be happy with his choice regardless because crystal asked to leave? why shouldn't his writing be criticized?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Does it even matter if she's dead or alive anyway? If Crystal wants to return (which is unlikely) then Jeff can still bring her back to the show. Peter and now even Kate had returned from the grave, so it's clear nobody really dies on this show. This is a supernatural show, so anything can happen.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly lol. Death doesnt mean much on this show.

I dont care that they killed her, i didnt like her much but i felt they could have given her more to work with in her last episodes. It was anti clamatic how she died and imo aiden got a sadder death scene than her.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune (View Post)
nobody is saying that. in the same way that isaac and chris go to france, it could've just as easily been chris, allison, and isaac. chris could've come back to beacon hills for whatever reason, and alllison and isaac could've stayed there falling in line with their code in defending those who can't defend themselves. there is NO good answer when an actor asks to leave a show. death, especially with how allison was shafted for the entire season and it being used a cheap ploy to gain a wider audience, isn't always the answer. it was not built into her character that she had to stay and die. from what i saw in her character, she was a survivor, one that would've willingly died to protect her friends but also one that didn't necessarily have to. she's seventeen ****ing years old. her death was painted as a romantic fantasy. it was just as unbelieveable as her going to save the lives of others after ending the mess with the nogitsune at the end of this season.

congratulations to you if you feel like there is literally no other answer for a young heroine to exit a show than death, but i'm sick of seeing comments saying it was the most believable excuse. literally any answer would've been a frustrating one, but one where she lived with the possibility of happiness and returning would've been far more satisfying for fans of the character than a season long gimmick.
Mte.
You know there was a HUGE death on a popular drama (not spoiling what show and who in case someone watches it) but that death was different because even though the character asked to leave last season, he got 15 episodes where his character was used BRILLIANTLY and he could shine. Crystal got a kick in the ass and a rushed death that basically no one mourned in canon after a season where she barely had scenes and when she had she was stuck with a useless character.
I'm sorry but Crystal, her fans and yes Allison deserved better.

Quote:
i think this is it; i loved Allison but that doesn't mean i can't adjust to her death because the actress asked to leave. Jeff did the best he could with ****ty information. Allison would have been there until the end but that wasn't the case because the person playing her left, but lets all blame Jeff for trying to make something good out of something bad. if Dylan asked to leave and then Stiles died i could not in good conscious blame the writer. also? Stiles isn't my favouirte. i don't have one with this show. all of them i treat equally.
Jeff didn't do the best. Crystal was classy, she didn't bail suddenly like Colton or Daniel, she had the courtesy to give Jeff plenty of notice and that's what she got in return. Ironically if she had behaved like her colleagues, Allison would still be alive because Jeff wouldn't have had the time to kill her.

Quote:
lets refer back to my original quote that people blame jeff for trying to make something good out of a bad situation.
Something good?
Nothing about Allison in s3 was good, not her scenes, her screentimes and not certainly her death.

Quote:
why shouldn't his writing be criticized?
Because he's a God gift
Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Ugh. I still feel Allison should have died in the finale, there was no real emotional pay-off to her death, expect for Chris and Isaac.
Mte. I was extremely desappointed to see only Isaac and Scott crying. And I hated Chris his line 'I don't cry cause I was prepapred'. How the heck a parent could be possibly to loose a child?! Even a hunter. All the characters were all looking too well for my taste in that episode (Mellissa didn't even cry when Scott was in her arms crying , why?).
Old 03-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lempicka (View Post)
Mte. I was extremely desappointed to see only Isaac and Scott crying. And I hated Chris his line 'I don't cry cause I was prepapred'. How the heck a parent could be possibly to loose a child?! Even a hunter. All the characters were all looking too well for my taste in that episode (Mellissa didn't even cry when Scott was in her arms crying , why?).
Let's talk about Lydia, this episode it was like nothing even happened and wtf was Kira all over her in the last scene?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

I strongly disliked that locker scene because Kira shouldn't have said to Lydia, Allison's best friend.

Season 4 Spoilers:
Spoiler:
source

I'm all for more female friendships
Old 03-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I strongly disliked that locker scene because Kira shouldn't have said to Lydia, Allison's best friend.
Yeah, she won't be for long with Allison 2.0 and Wolfchild Lydia will be too busy to even remember who Allison Argent was
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Idk I think that Lydia being the center of season means more Banshee powers and I'm sure it is linked to Allison death.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Passionate Fan

The finale was lame. As per usual, the writers got all dressed up with nowhere to go. The second half started off really good and just fizzled. Allison's death didn't surprise me. I knew it would be her and it was a great death scene, but horrible follow up. I am not a Kate fan and wish she would have stayed dead. Ugh. Whatev.

The one thing I liked about this season was Lydia, but she's still being underwritten. Malia is ok for the 3 eps we saw her, but Kira can leave.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Gigi: So sad Isaac isn't going to be a part of Teen Wolf's fourth season. What can you tell us about the three new lacrosse players? I hope we will love them as much as Isaac!
Make that two new lacrosse players, as boss Jeff Davis tells us "Mason is not on the team," a recent decision made by the writers. Still, Mason, Liam and Garrett "are younger characters who are brought in to complicate the lives of our main characters and they are really good!" But there's one newbie Davis is really excited about. "Dylan Sprayberry is probably the biggest of the younger characters, playing Liam, and Tyler [Posey] and Dylan [O'Brien] are in love with him," he gushes. "They have some really great scenes together, so I'm really hopeful that fans like him as much as we like him. He's such a good kid and he's a great actor."
Spoiler Chat: Scoop on The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Game of Thrones, Supernatural and More | E! Online