Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
She could've left to go to other parts of the world to save others. Beacan Hills is clearly not the only place her family is needed at. Either way Allison leaves a hero.
On a purely character level, I don't think Allison would leave Beacon Hills for other places - not when there were people there who still needed her. So it's a hard one - I'm more thinking about how they could ever bring her back if Crystal wanted to. Lydia's connection to the dead could be exploited but I'd hate for her to come back as a ghost or something.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
"Isaac is not returning next season. That's going to be a big surprise for a lot of people."

Boom.
And boom my interest in this show keeps dwindling. I wasnt exactly the biggest fan of Isaac this season but I like the actor and would take Isaac over so many new characters they are bringing next season who sound like clones of original characters the show have or used to have.

Wow just like that Teen Wolf has lost so many characters/actors including originals like Colton/Jackson & Crystal/Allison. Its not looking good for the series, there is too much emigration. Then there is Dylan with his rising career to worry about, good for him but could end up being bad news for the show.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 03-25-2014 at 05:28 PM
Old 03-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
On a purely character level, I don't think Allison would leave Beacon Hills for other places - not when there were people there who still needed her. So it's a hard one - I'm more thinking about how they could ever bring her back if Crystal wanted to. Lydia's connection to the dead could be exploited but I'd hate for her to come back as a ghost or something.
Id much rather have some sloppy written out of town and possibly return over her dying with no return

Isaac leaving is no loss.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Can Jeff please put everyone under a contract? Jeff is being way too nice and by letting his actors walk all over him, it's ruining the show in the process.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Id much rather have some sloppy written out of town and possibly return over her dying with no return
Sloppy writing, really? Isn't that what you think Jeff did with killing Allison off? Pick one.

Quote:
Isaac leaving is no loss.
To you.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Dude, it's Beacon Hills.

No, we haven't stopped thinking about Teen Wolf's mindblowing season three finale, arguably the MTV hit's best episode yet, since Monday night. Come on, not only did another fan favorite die (Sniff!), but we got answers, a lot of them! The Nogitsune was defeated, ending this season's Kitsune mythology, a villain was resurrected (Hi, Aunt Kate!) and, perhaps the most awesome reveal of all, Danny (Keahu Kahuanui) was in the know about the town's supernatural happenings this whole time!

But where do we go from here? We chatted with executive producer Jeff Davis about season four's upcoming mini-time jump, which will give characters time to mourn, but not forget, Allison's (Crystal Reed) heartbreaking death in the penultimate episode, and how the show plans to top Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) in the villain department. Plus, he revealed who's missing in the beginning of the season...

We think a character fans know and love, like Stiles, always make for the best villains. Are you at all nervous about trying to top that in season four? Do you feel pressure because Void Stiles worked so well?
Absolutely we feel pressure. I guess we're not so concerned about topping ourselves as doing something different. That's the best thing we can do, is to just tell an entertaining story again. We have a new central mystery this season and this season we're doing something different in we're not introducing a whole new mythology. We're basing this mystery in something very personal actually, something that hits at the heart of all our main characters, Scott, Stiles and Lydia, and Derek, especially. This is going to be a big season for Derek. I think people are going to be surprised.

And season four is starting off international, with the gang in Mexico. Sadly, we assume it's not for Spring Break.
I will tell you who they're in search of though. It's a mission to find and save Derek.

We knew the Carvers were leaving the show as their HBO pilot, The Leftovers, was picked up to series. But can you talk about the decision to kill Aiden, and not kill Ethan, but have him leave at the end of the finale?
Well, it was a creative decision, really, in the writers' room. We felt like it shook things up for the show. We played with the redemption arc of the twins and for me, the twins have always been on the borderline of can they be redeemed or are theses bad guys? And to do one noble act as your dying gesture, to fight for what's right, it felt like a good end for his character. And we had to keep Ethan around for the scene with Danny, of course. [Laughs.]

We need to talk about that scene, which was amazing. We don't think we've ever seen that on a teen supernatural show, where a peripheral character has secretly been in the know the entire time. "Dude, It's Beacon Hills" may be our new favorite line.
We had debated it a long time in the writers' room and everyone knows I'm a huge fan of The Lost Boys and it is a nod to the grandfather at the end saying, "The thing I always hated about Santa Clara, all the damn vampires." And I just think it makes him smart, I think it's a cool thing to realize he was always in the know and it was just something he never got involved with. This kid was just trying to live his life and not get hacked into pieces like everyone else. [Laughs.]

Obviously, the finale jumped right into the action following Allison's death. What impact will her death have in the beginning of season four? Will there be a time jump to give the characters some time to mourn?
There's a two-month time jump and you definitely see the repercussion it has on all the characters. The big issue we talk about in the writers' room is how much we can really see of that. You write a TV show and you want it to be entertaining, but if you show too much of them mourning a death, the show gets less entertaining. You have to stick with the genre conventions and we set out to do a fun, horror show.

I don't know if an audience wants to see the characters moping around for six episodes, you know? It gets a little tough. You want to mourn a character, but on TV, there's only so much time you're allowed to do that before an audience gets impatient. There are always going to be the people who say, ‘You didn't give the character their due,' and there are going to be other ones who say, ‘Can we get over this now and get back to the fun Teen Wolf?'

One of the things we're trying to do is inject quite a bit of humor into the first few episodes, but the first episode does deal specifically with grief and with moving on. And it's titled "The Dark Moon," which in the lunar cycle is often considered the time period where people deal with grief and introspection.

Scott has experience a lot of loss this season, not just Allison, but also two members of his pack. And now Isaac has left the pack, too. Will we see him struggle a bit?
It's definitely tough for him at the beginning of the season, but we're going to see him solidifying a new kind of park. New issues, and a new problem arise that start to take their attention immediately.

By making Stiles a villain, a lot of the focus was paid to the sidekick character and it takes the sidekick and makes him vivid and real. It gave Dylan O'Brien a chance to shine. Tyler Posey was such an absolute star about it. When the star of a show allows the other actors to take a spotlight, that's a really giving thing. It can leave a lot of stars very nervous about their role, but I think Posey did it brilliantly. We brought him back to the forefront in the last episode, so we're going to be concentrating again on Scott and his role as an Alpha and his desire to form and maintain this unusual pack. I can tease that his pack will start to grow.

Finally, while season three was expanded to 24 episodes, season four was picked up for 12 episodes. Did you go to MTV and ask to bring the order back down to 12, like it was for seasons 1 and 2?
I said we have to go back down to 12. There are two reasons: One is I need a break, for my own sanity, and another is I believe actors shou;d have a chance to go explore other creative opportunities. To have 12 episodes is why creators and actors go to cable, because it allows you to go off and do movies. Did you see the trailer for The Maze Runner?! It looks awesome. I would love for the actors to go off and be able to do other creative things and then they come back to Teen Wolf and they're renewed and they can't wait to jump back in again.

Teen Wolf's fourth season premieres June 23 on MTV.

Check back with us later in the week for more scoop from Davis, including what's ahead for the show's romances and the new power trio that will emerge in season four!
Teen Wolf Season 4 Scoop: Jeff Davis on Who's Missing in Mexico, Mourning Allison, Time Jump and More
Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
She could've left to go to other parts of the world to save others. Beacan Hills is clearly not the only place her family is needed at. Either way Allison leaves a hero.
lol seriously i can't with this logic that she had to die. give me a break.

i'm also lmao @ daniel having to ask jeff not to kill isaac because he knew that it's the only exit jeff can think of. i'm glad isaac has chris in france, should've had allison too.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
lol seriously i can't with this logic that she had to die. give me a break.
preach.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

so this whole disingenuous allison would have been doing something else business - why would she have ever left BH? if you can think of a reason that doesn't impact other actors negatively, please share. why should Jeff write an end to Crystal leaving that means another actor is out of a job (JR!).
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Loyal Fan

JR Bourne wouldn't be apart of season four if Allison would have left town. Chris would have not let Allison leave without him and plus he wouldn't serve a purpose anymore for the show. Allison's death was heroic and noble and the only thing that should have changed is Allison's development for the season.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
so this whole disingenuous allison would have been doing something else business - why would she have ever left BH? if you can think of a reason that doesn't impact other actors negatively, please share. why should Jeff write an end to Crystal leaving that means another actor is out of a job (JR!).
nobody is saying that. in the same way that isaac and chris go to france, it could've just as easily been chris, allison, and isaac. chris could've come back to beacon hills for whatever reason, and alllison and isaac could've stayed there falling in line with their code in defending those who can't defend themselves. there is NO good answer when an actor asks to leave a show. death, especially with how allison was shafted for the entire season and it being used a cheap ploy to gain a wider audience, isn't always the answer. it was not built into her character that she had to stay and die. from what i saw in her character, she was a survivor, one that would've willingly died to protect her friends but also one that didn't necessarily have to. she's seventeen ****ing years old. her death was painted as a romantic fantasy. it was just as unbelieveable as her going to save the lives of others after ending the mess with the nogitsune at the end of this season.

congratulations to you if you feel like there is literally no other answer for a young heroine to exit a show than death, but i'm sick of seeing comments saying it was the most believable excuse. literally any answer would've been a frustrating one, but one where she lived with the possibility of happiness and returning would've been far more satisfying for fans of the character than a season long gimmick.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Sloppy writing, really? Isn't that what you think Jeff did with killing Allison off? Pick one.

To you.
What exactly aren't you getting? Allison's death was sloppy and rushed. But of course Id take a sloppy exit out of town cause she'd still be ALIVE.

Oh yes cause I forgot the big storylines Isaac has had.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Isaac gone? YES! I am so glad that that waste of space is not going to be in season 4. I like Daniel but the character was nothing special. Sorry Isaac fans, I know he has a good load of fans and I am sorry for his fans, but on a personal level, I am so glad he is gone.

As for all this stuff about Allison dying or leaving BH, why can't people just accept that some of Allison's fans think that the death was better then having her leave, while other fans would have rather had her leave so the illusion of HEA could be achieved for Allison.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but one where she lived with the possibility of happiness and returning would've been far more satisfying for fans of the character than a season long gimmick.
i think this is it; i loved Allison but that doesn't mean i can't adjust to her death because the actress asked to leave. Jeff did the best he could with ****ty information. Allison would have been there until the end but that wasn't the case because the person playing her left, but lets all blame Jeff for trying to make something good out of something bad. if Dylan asked to leave and then Stiles died i could not in good conscious blame the writer. also? Stiles isn't my favouirte. i don't have one with this show. all of them i treat equally.

Last edited by heartlines; 03-25-2014 at 07:18 PM
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Allison could have survived and moved away, I don't know why this is such an unbelievable alternative. Maybe it's because Jeff has brainwashed the viewers to think this is the only way a character can exit from the show. But there is many other ways to write a character off. Pretty telling that Daniel begged not to have Isaac killed off, and Jeff admitted if Colton had not bailed last minute, he probably would have killed Jackson's character when he had to chance to make that his exit.

Ugh. I still feel Allison should have died in the finale, there was no real emotional pay-off to her death, expect for Chris and Isaac.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread