Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was pushed back to 2017?

ETA: http://tvline.com/2016/03/19/switche...premiere-2017/
Old 05-20-2016, 09:36 AM
MST Manager

Wow, 2017?

That's a long time for the new season, and the last one at that.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah and it's unclear why it even got pushed back
But since it was, there's virtually no spoilers or any news about it.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
Ahhhh, that's right, I remember now. Believe there was a whole discussion as to why the delay, and the consensus was nada!

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

2017 maybe the early part
Old 05-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Sad

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 05-22-2016, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I just don't know why they did this, I feel like people will forget about the show
Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming colours (View Post)
I just don't know why they did this, I feel like people will forget about the show
I'm done searching for beauty.

Freeform gave Switched at Birth fans the shaft, and the writers have always done the same, too.

After the hell that the characters experienced on the show, to give them a "happy ending" now feels insincere, but that's what recent spoilers suggest. There has been nothing but misery for nearly 100 episodes, but in the last 10 episodes, everything is going to be peachy keen, I guess.

The writers never should have made Daphne's character such a user, and they never should have made Emmett's character disloyal to that extreme.

And I am not happy that Bay doesn't regret committing perjury either. If nothing else, Bay should regret exculpating Nacho. What if he goes on to murder someone, because Bay didn't allow him to be convicted of felony vandalism? I thought Bay was supposed to care about authenticity and the truth. I guess that's only with her art work, though.

Even if Bay believes strongly in her decision to commit perjury for Daphne's sake, couldn't there at least be some small part of her that doubts herself? Some corner of her mind that wonders if Daphne is using her? I hate how Bay suddenly become so loyal to Daphne. I liked it a lot more when Bay reserved that kind of loyalty for Toby.

I don't understand why Daphne receives that kind of perfect, selfless love from Bay, and honestly, it appears now from Mingo, too. All the parents love Daphne and bend over backwards to cater to her. Bay loves Daphne. Nearly every man Daphne meets sits adoringly at her feet. Why? She's doesn't treat others with kindness or respect.

It bothers me that Daphne is absolved of all responsibility for everything.

'Switched at Birth' Season 5 Spoilers: Bay & Daphne Will Have Their Happy Ending!

Quote:
“Switched at Birth” season 5 spoilers are saying that lead characters Bay Kennish and Daphne Vazquez will have their well-deserved happy ending for the series’ final season.

In an Instagram post by Katie Leclerc, who plays as Daphne Vasquez, she hinted that the final episode “Long Live Love” will show how the Kennish and Vasquez family will gather together and reunite.

One of the exciting “Switched at Birth” season 5 spoilers is also Bay having new boyfriend after she returns from China. In addition, Daphne and her boyfriend Mingo’s relationship will get stronger following last season’s row.

Last March, showrunner and creator Lizzy Weiss also teased a tweet that “Switched at Birth” has already capped of its 100th episode, which means they are done filming the ten episode series.

“The 100th #SwitchedatBirth TABLE READ,” she said. “Yes, we are just gonna keep celebrating this – right up through air.”

In an exclusive interview with Vanessa Marano who plays as Bay Kennish, Just Jared said that the characters has revisit memories from the past, as it comes close to its ending.

“This entire season has a lot of returning story lines actually,” the actress told the publication. “We left a lot of loose ends open last season so now we’re tying everything together. There’s a lot of…it’s very much like a new year because so much time has passed and the girls are at these new places in their lives.”

“You have to revisit stuff to just show how much time has actually passed,” the actress added.

Lizzy Weiss also confirmed the release date of “Switched at Birth” in Freeform via her Twitter account.

“#SwitchedatBirth fans! It is now official: we will be premiering our final 10 episodes in January of 2017. Start the countdown,” she said.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-22-2016, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing Ollibear!
Old 06-23-2016, 01:05 PM
MST Manager

Thanks much.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not holding my breath for what they call a "Happy ending"
Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming colours (View Post)

True.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
Not holding my breath for what they call a "Happy ending"
I agree. The writers' idea of a happy ending is "Sister Power Forever!" and that sounds incredibly dull. I have loved this TV series so much, and it's sad to be disappointed in it at the end.

I don't care that Daphne and Mingo get stronger after their separation, while Daphne is in China. I don't care about them.

Bay having a new boyfriend, while I am happy for her, is blah for me.

And when the Kennish and the Vasquez clan gather in the final episode, we know that Emmett is not with them. So viewers will see John, Kathryn, Regina, Toby, Lily, Carlton, Bay, Daphne, (and maybe Travis) on the front lawn of the Kennish estate. Big deal. They've always been a happy, close-knit family. I don't see how gathering on the front lawn for the series finale adds anything to the writers' message.

The best thing I can say about these spoilers is that they do manage to keep my expectations low. I expect to be disappointed by what the writers will do with the end of their series, so any good thing they do will be a bonus.

At least, there's that.

I did notice that Alice Lee (Skye) will be in the Season 5 premiere episode "The Call." I'm excited to see her character again. I wonder what has been happening between Skye and Emmett, in the year since we last saw them.