Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyslippers (View Post)
He has no qualifications and is not married to her so he may not be able to get a working visa and find a job.
Previously, Lily stated she wanted to remain in the US, but with a new baby on the way, perhaps that is the story the writers will choose for Toby.

I find it an odd choice. I can't imagine denying my child his father, especially a father as kind and giving as Toby, but who knows?

Maybe Lily dislikes Toby, now, and would rather leave him and her job at UMKC to move back home with her parents. Maybe Lily would rather not have a partner. Maybe she would prefer to ask her parents to help raise her child.

I don't know.

Quote:
Aren't you sick of Bemmett? It has been played out to death. Also if bay has any self respect she will never speak to him again.
Oh, no. I see Bay & Emmett as sharing true love. I could never get sick of that. When Bay & Emmett have a scene together, I am riveted to my TV. Every cell in my body tingles. I love them together.

It would be horrible of Bay to never speak to Emmett again, simply because he shared his true feelings with her on the beach. He didn't say anything spiteful.

Just two years earlier, Bay told Emmett that she could not date him, because she wanted to focus on her new school at Carlton. Emmett's decision isn't any different than that.

Quote:
Thanks!!

I hope the rumours are true and Ty comes back for the special episode, he clearly has the best connection with bay.
I hope Ty comes back for the special episode, too, but for a different reason.

I believe the writers intend for Ty to return, so Bay can see how poor of a connection she has to Ty, compared to Emmett.

It may be that Bay already knows that. She didn't contact Ty, after she learned that he hadn't cheated. She deleted his e-mail.

But I envision that Bay may be grasping at straws, trying to find a reason to feel hopeful, after her breakup with Emmett. She may reach out to Ty for that reason.

I look forward to Bay realizing that Ty cannot fill Emmett's place in her heart.

Most of all, I cannot wait to see Bay throw open that door she shut to Emmett. When she does that, I will know that Bay has grown up.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Are there actually rumors of Ty coming back? Isnt the actor on another show?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Well, we have the finale title.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks. Hope it's happyish.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The season was so depressing that it has to be!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ty won't be coming back. Blair Redford is filming Satisfaction in Atlanta, it's not even in the same city where he can just hop over.

Thank you ollibear for all your hard work, you do an amazing job at collecting all these bits and pieces of information.

I was initially upset at the late premiere date in August. Now however, I am quiet happy as I see that none of the summer ABC Family shows (except PLL) are doing well at all.

Stitchters is a hot mess with an awful story and abominable ratings. Becoming Us is not doing well either and even The Fosters has dropped.

If SAB does reasonably well it might have a chance at a fifth season.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

I found a new interview with Max Adler (Tank) about this upcoming Season 4B on Switched at Birth:

Quote:
Q) You’ll also be returning to the show “Switched at Birth.” Where do we pick up with Tank when the season begins?

A) I can’t say too much because I don’t want to spoil it. It’s a bit of a surprise return. All I can say is that it is handled in a very realistic way and not in a Hollywood ending way, which I love and I admire. It’s also a different side of Tank than we have ever seen. It’s this completely different guy that is completely different than when we first met him. It’s exciting for me, as an actor, to get to play that. I think it is a very realistic way to deal with what has happened to him.

SIDE-NOTE: I looked up "Hollywood ending" to make sure I understood Max Adler. A Hollywood ending is an improbably fortunate or happy outcome to a real-life situation. So Tank will not be getting one of those. The two students at Occidental College (where Switched at Birth often films) did not get a Hollywood ending either. Both of them appear to have had their lives ruined by what happened. Last I read, the man was not only expelled from Occidental College, but he has not been able to find another university to accept him, and the woman dropped out of college and has not been emotionally able to return.

Q) The storyline for Tank last season was very rough and intense. How were you able to get into that frame of mind?

A) It’s pretty dark stuff. There is a lot of talk between Vanessa [Marano] and I and Lizzy [Weiss] (the creator and writer) about how to handle it and what that gray area is. I think most of it was, fortunately, that we hadn’t had that experience happen to us. So, it was more kind of studying what was going on in real life and a lot of us were sharing articles and emails back and forth for weeks before filming that, doing research about what is going on in the world and just how it is a case by case basis of different relationships between the guy and girl on college campuses. There are often so many questions like did they know each other at all? Were they in a relationship? Did they just meet that night? Were they drunk? Were they stoned? How drunk were they? Were there people around? It’s hard to say it is a black and white rule because it is such a case by case thing, but you have to be very sensitive to it because it is sexual abuse, sexual assault and rape. Rape is no joke and no laughing matter. It’s a really messed up thing. I think the story that Lizzy wanted to tell, first and foremost, was kind of a story that isn’t really told (which is what interested us) was that when you hear these stories where the girl accuses the guy of rape most of the college campuses has the guy getting in trouble and expelled. The story Lizzy wanted to tell is that there is gray area of what do you think should have happened and does the punishment fit the crime? She wanted to raise questions about these guys. Obviously, if it was rape, then there is no question. Punish the hell out of them. But there are guys, to this day, that claim it was consensual and nothing happened. What if the 0.1% chance the guy didn’t do anything, what happens then? Is the rest of his life ruined because of this one night? It’s just a really hard thing to deal with, which is what we wanted to tell. There is the obvious answer and then there is a situation like this where it is gray. Even the family doesn’t really know how to deal with it and each person responds differently. There was nothing we were trying to tell or a message we were trying to deliver. It was more just about raising questions and have people think for themselves about what they would do and what they believe in that situation.

SIDE-NOTE: From Max Adler's answer to this question, it sounds to me like Tank is that 0.1% chance where the guy really didn't do anything, but his life is ruined.
Max Adler – Saugatuck Cures – Starry Constellation Magazine

Based on Max Adler's answers, I speculate that Tank will return for one episode, and he will encounter Bay. Rather than being good-natured and friendly, as he was when she first met him, Tank will probably be filled with hostility toward Bay, over what happened to him.

When Bay originally cheated on Tank, she was somehow able to maintain a friendship with him. This time, if Bay wants to avoid negative feelings between them, I do not believe Tank will be open to it.

Of course, Bay may feel her own animosity for Tank. Perhaps she will not even want his kindness. But somehow, after watching the Episode 4x07 Storm and Fog and Rain, I do not believe Bay has any real resentment towards Tank. At least, Bay did not seem to be holding onto any anger, when she told Emmett the details of her night with Tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Are there actually rumors of Ty coming back? Isnt the actor on another show?
All I know is that during filming for the episode where several of the characters go to Mexico, crew members for Switched at Birth also appeared to be filming scenes in a set rigged to look like Afghanistan.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence that the set existed at the same location where they were filming their Mexico scenes, though.

The only thing I know for certain is that about 5 or 6 weeks ago, several pictures were posted on Instagram by different crew members and all of them tagged Switched at Birth and mentioned Asadabad, Afghanistan.

Military vehicles (helicopters, trucks, etc.) were abundant in these pictures, and a huge sign proclaiming the locale to be Asadabad, Afghanistan, marked the entrance to the military base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Well, we have the finale title.
I hope viewers find some beauty, too. I want something satisfying and that brings pleasure, after all of the pain this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdias (View Post)
Ty won't be coming back. Blair Redford is filming Satisfaction in Atlanta, it's not even in the same city where he can just hop over.

Thank you ollibear for all your hard work, you do an amazing job at collecting all these bits and pieces of information.

I was initially upset at the late premiere date in August. Now however, I am quiet happy as I see that none of the summer ABC Family shows (except PLL) are doing well at all.

Stitchters is a hot mess with an awful story and abominable ratings. Becoming Us is not doing well either and even The Fosters has dropped.

If SAB does reasonably well it might have a chance at a fifth season.
I'm thinking the same as you!

I'm hopeful the delay will help ratings and that we will receive a fifth season.

I found this picture earlier this week, right before Switched at Birth began filming the season finale. Maybe Daphne is giving or taking a CPR class? Curious prop!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lizzy had said a couple of months ago that Vanessa hadn't seen anything yet when she complained about the scene in the rain and that next season she had much worse surprises planned for her.

At first I thought she meant the pregnancy, but that is now Lilly apparently.

Then there was the picture of Chip Coto blackmailing her.

Maybe the next shock is Ty dying in Afghanistan. They could do that without the actor coming back.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdias (View Post)
Lizzy had said a couple of months ago that Vanessa hadn't seen anything yet when she complained about the scene in the rain and that next season she had much worse surprises planned for her.

At first I thought she meant the pregnancy, but that is now Lilly apparently.

Then there was the picture of Chip Coto blackmailing her.

Maybe the next shock is Ty dying in Afghanistan. They could do that without the actor coming back.
You have pinpointed one of the things I am MOST interested to discover.

Personally, I feel that the writers would not touch Ty dying with a 10-foot pole. If the writers allow Ty to die, then the Ty fans will forever see him as the martyr and hero of the series and Bay's OTP, albeit one she can never have, now, because of death.

For the life of me, I cannot come up with a reason why the Switched at Birth writers would want to make Ty that important to Bay's life.

Emmett already feels (and has stated to Bay) that no man will ever live up to Ty in her eyes. I would think the writers would want to go about disproving Emmett's assumption, rather than supporting it.

Ty already enjoyed being the person with whom Bay shares her first sexual experience. If Bay also discovers that Ty is her soul mate, who dies at war, then Switched at Birth will have crossed the line into territory so maudlin and sentimental that I don't know if I will be able to stomach it.

That's too much sweetness for me. It would make me feel sick, in a mawkish sort of way.

So yeah, I am curious how the writers will wrap up Ty's story.

I want to see if I am completely off base and have missed everything the writers have been trying to do with Bay & Emmett's love story, or if I am right on track.

My instincts tell me that Bay will either try to cling to Ty and discover that he doesn't meet her needs OR that Bay will not even be interested in Ty, because she knows he could never come close to filling the empty place in her heart, left by Emmett.

As for Lizzy Weiss's promise that Bay hasn't seen anything yet, and based on Max Adler's recent interview, I feel that Tank will be incredibly harsh with Bay.

I do think Chip Coto will blackmail Bay, and Bay will worry whether her perjury will be exposed, resulting in the possibility of real jail time.

Also, I suspect that Emmett will not regret their breakup on the beach or try to contact Bay in any way. If so, that may be the hardest thing for Bay to accept, especially if she sees Daphne head-over-heels in love with Mingo, Regina still in love with Eric, and Toby in love with Lily.

It's difficult to be alone, after you have relied on someone for a while.

I still believe this season is ultimately about the loss of Bay and Daphne's innocence. After this season, I doubt either of them will ever be quite as naive again.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Lizzy Weiss tweeted a behind-the-scenes picture of herself with Vanessa. They were on location in Chinatown for Switched at Birth's final day of shooting Season 4B.

That means that Bay probably does return to LA.

Some people are tweeting that Bay looks pregnant in the picture. It might be that she is, or it might just be the camera angle.

Here's the picture:

Here's a closeup of Lizzy Weiss's tattoo. I'm not sure if she is doing another cameo in the season finale, or if that is her real tattoo. It's difficult to make out the image.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just wanted to share an interesting link I found today about the ABC Family ratings. SAB is now ranked second after PLL.

ABC Family TV Show Ratings (updated 7/8/15) - canceled + renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale
Old 07-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Interesting that Bay may go back to LA
Old 07-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Saw a pic of Katie there too. So bay and Daphne are prob together.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I saw this interesting picture (and comment) from an actor on Instagram today:

She also posted this picture and information:

I like Bay's scarf. I remember Bay wasn't the scarf-wearing type when Emmett gave her that scarf/blindfold at her 16th birthday party. But it appears that Bay is the scarf-wearing type now. It looks good on her.

I like the idea that things may be coming full circle for Bay & Emmett.

I am hoping it is symbolic that since Chinese Lanterns were a part of Bay's night with Tank (a night that was the impetus for Bay & Emmett's break up), that seeing Chinese Lanterns now may signal Bay & Emmett's reunion.

Does anyone recognize this next picture of Bay from a previous season? It was posted by a fan today, and I am not sure where she found it.

It's a pink hat, so it isn't for the baby in the shower that Kathryn hosts this season. It doesn't look like Abby.

Any other ideas?
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Personally, the LAST thing I want this season is for Bay to pine for Emmett and then reunite in the finale. He ended things stating he wanted to concentrate on school and broke her heart for a second time. For me, I'd much rather see Bay move on properly. If they want to reunite Bay have it be a fair while in the future when we know they have grown up, change and "reconnect" again.

I also don't think a Bemmett baby is what fans want. Not a majority anyway and it would have never been this happy Bemmett pregnancy, as there would have been a very real possibility of it being Tank's!

I'd personally like a season of single Bay, finding her way in the world and building a future as an artist, and making some new friends!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread