Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Totally agree here. It wasn't rape, but a drunken hook up that they both regret. Just sucks for Tank that the university tried to make a victim out of Bay and an example out of Tank by expelling him when they were both drunk that night. Bay could easily have faced the same punishment ... but she wasn't a student there. She was at a party, drinking, when she had no reason to be there ... and is legally unable to drink.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Totally agree here. It wasn't rape, but a drunken hook up that they both regret. Just sucks for Tank that the university tried to make a victim out of Bay and an example out of Tank by expelling him when they were both drunk that night. Bay could easily have faced the same punishment ... but she wasn't a student there. She was at a party, drinking, when she had no reason to be there ... and is legally unable to drink.

Well it happens on all colleges campus though and it shouldn't be taken very lightly . It wasn't bay fault the school made the decision they made, they also was taking into consideration of all females on the campus and maintaining the safety of it.

I think this one issue I can't even put on bay because stuff like this does happen
Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Here are two images tweeted by Lizzy Weiss, before tomorrow night's episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Well it happens on all colleges campus though and it shouldn't be taken very lightly . It wasn't bay fault the school made the decision they made, they also was taking into consideration of all females on the campus and maintaining the safety of it.

I think this one issue I can't even put on bay because stuff like this does happen
I agree. It wasn't Bay's fault the school made that decision. It's OUR fault, at least in the U.S.

Bay shared her honest feelings with the investigator, which, under normal circumstances, should have been one piece to the puzzle. Bay's feelings alone should not have sunk Tank. Bay should have the right to share how she feels and trust that our judicial system will make the right decisions based on all of the facts.

But this Title IX policy, with the way it is being implemented today, is scary stuff. Everyone in the U.S. needs to research how schools are currently carrying out the law.

The law itself has been around since 1972, and it has done a lot of good things. But a letter issued by the Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights on April 4, 2011, has changed how schools implement the law with regard to allegations of sexual harassment and sexual violence.

After this April 2011 letter, students are no longer being afforded due process.

In the United States, the accused is supposed to be innocent, until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his or her peers.

Now, an administrator at a school, serving as an investigator, can find anyone guilty of sexual harassment and/or sexual violence on campus, by using the "preponderance of evidence" standard. This standard merely requires that it is "more likely than not" that someone is responsible for what they are accused of, and it is our judiciary’s lowest standard of proof. Whoever is serving as the "investigator" need only be 50.01% certain that the accused is at fault to find him or her guilty.

Since the school's federal funding is tied to compliance with this law, it is safest for the school to find the accused guilty and expel him or her. If the school does not take action, federal dollars are at risk.

At my school, all of the students were pulled into the auditorium for assemblies explaining Title IX. There was a PowerPoint presentation with slides outlining the policy to students. After the April 2011 letter and a series of both criminal and civil lawsuits across the nation, schools are reacting. I wonder if parents are aware what their children are being told.

Students and parents are being informed that if a child so much as jokes or comments about something of a sexual nature, and another student overhears (in the classroom, the cafeteria, the locker room, the hallways, or on the bus) and reports it, then an investigation will be launched. Students will be charged with sexual harassment, and then expelled, if it's determined that their comments made other students feel uncomfortable.

Zero tolerance policies scare me. Life is not black and white.

I want a judicial system with a judge and a jury who are tasked with interpreting all of the various shades of gray. I want intelligent people making decisions based on individual circumstances. I don't want a one-size-fits-all policy.

I don't want to take rape lightly, but I also don't want to live in a world where society responds more emotionally or forcibly than is justified. That destroys lives, too.

I don't want to live in a world where officials overreact and make decisions based on mass hysteria. It's insanity.

No one was drugged. No one was unconscious. No one indicated that he or she did not want the sexual relations to proceed. What happened between Bay & Tank should not be classified as rape, at least not in my opinion.

Society needs to educate young people to make better choices, but society doesn't need to destroy the lives of young men for making the same mistake both Bay & Tank made together.

Last edited by ollibear; 10-04-2015 at 05:11 PM
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Brief synopses for 4.18-4.20

Quote:
Episode 4.18 - The Accomodations of Desire
Daphne’s correspondence with Quinn starts to affect her relationship with Mingo.

Episode 4.19 - A Mad Tea Party
In an effort to finish some last minute planning for Lily’s baby shower, Regina asks Bay to spend some time with Will.

Episode 4.20 - And Always Searching For Beauty
Bay is excited to hold her first art show. Daphne interviews for an internship that would bring her closer to Quinn, causing friction with Mingo.
The SpoilerTV Daily Newsreel - 3rd October *Updated* | Spoilers

Oh Daphne. You're such a self-sabotager. Wish I could care.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

woops. DP. Sorry. FF got wonky.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Is it self-sabotage or is Quinn just the one who is right for her?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Is it self-sabotage or is Quinn just the one who is right for her?
She could feel Quinn is the right guy for her, but the problem is Daphne still lacks emotional maturity. I don't see any difference between season 3 Daphne and this Daphne. When things are going well for Daphne, she's fine. But when the bottom falls out, she rebels and messes things up.

I guess I don't see Daphne as emotionally healthy enough for a relationship....with anybody.

I see Daphne as one of those people who cannot be happy for more than a minute. She may say she wants to be happy and stay out of trouble, but until I see the growth from Daphne that would actually show that, yeah, I do see her continuing to self-sabotage. Even if Quinn is her soul mate, I see her getting restless with him too.

There's just a lot Daphne hasn't dealt with and unfortunately, a lot of people in her life are blind to it. And they enable her. And enabling can be just as harmful.

And while I've made my negative feelings about Daphne clear, I'm not saying Daphne is a self-sabotager to rant against her. I see it as sad actually. But I still can't really find it in me to want to champion Daphne to get to that place where she is okay, if that makes sense.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

It seems like they're really going with Bay/Travis

& maybe this tweet has something to do with that:
Quote:
The very last scene of the season that we are shooting will make a lot of people mad. And a lot of people happy. And so it goes.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I guess I don't see Daphne as emotionally healthy enough for a relationship....with anybody.
After seeing tonight's episode, I heartily agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
It seems like they're really going with Bay/Travis

& maybe this tweet has something to do with that:

Quote:
The very last scene of the season that we are shooting will make a lot of people mad. And a lot of people happy. And so it goes.
I'm not worried. Even if Travis starts a relationship Bay, he won't know what to do with her. Bay is way too strong of a personality for someone like Travis.

Speculation on this spoiler board has been that the last scene of the season is Travis finally making his move and kissing Bay, right after Emmett tells Bay he wants her back. It will probably be the Season 4 cliffhanger.

Lizzy Weiss has made Bemmett fans angry so often, that I don't feel we'll be surprised if she does it again.

Last edited by ollibear; 10-05-2015 at 06:46 PM
Old 10-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I could see that happening I don't get why writers like triangles so much, I hate them
Old 10-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not going to be surprised at all for Emmett wanting Bay back and Travis making his move on her. Bay made herself clear that she likes Travis as a friend only. However she said the same thing about Tank and then she felt guilty for hurting his feelings and started dating him. Bay's need to please everyone really is annoying.. Travis needs to stay far away from Bay because 1. She'll never be over Emmett and 2. She's way too strong of a woman for Travis.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Sneak Peeks for 4x18 The Accommodations of Desire:

Study Group: Daphne, Josh, and Vimla (it appears Josh & Vimla are no longer a couple)

Gender Stereotyping: Lily & Toby

Bay's Art: Bay & Garrett

On Bay's art, she uses these words on her own portrait:

Kennish Vasquez
s-word (censored by Fan Forum)
Victim
Bad Athlete
Worse Singer
Switcher
Sister
Aunt
Angelo's Daughter
Frida-Phile
Sign Language
Broken-Hearted
Forever Over Him
(or possibly Broken-Hearted Forever Over Him)
Democrat
Fierce
Small
Hair
Puerto Rican
White
Lucky
Unlucky
Art Is Life
Carlton Forever
Ty

I like that Bay ends her self-portrait with Ty.

On Regina's portrait, Bay wrote:

Entrepreneur
Recovery
East
(and several lines too small for me to see in this clip)
Widow
Artist
Mother
Vasquez

Last edited by ollibear; 10-08-2015 at 04:13 PM
Old 10-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new stuff.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-09-2015, 01:49 PM
MST Manager