Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really dont care to be honest.. I just am in no mood to see Bay trying to forget Emmett for another half and use another guy and more hobbies just to try. It's pointless and that's all Lizzy Weiss does. You hear that Lizzy? NOT interested.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

soo. anyone have any spec on what the "special" episode is this time?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Has anyone read through the recent interviews given by Vanessa and Katie? They contain some spoilers, I looked in last thread but couldn't see them.

It's confirmed someone's pregnant, my god I hope it isn't Bay considering during the interview Katie said Bay's storyline gets darker and deeper. I'd be okay with Daphne being pregnant, I think it's an interesting twist considering that she never dealt with significant fallout from Bay taking the rap and her characters kinda stalled out.

They also said the Kinnishes are going to deal with financial issues and that The Cracked Mug would be doing successful so Regina and Kathryn may switch roles. I hope they really go back to looking at the divide between classes, one of the things I admired about the 1st few seasons was that they emphasized how differently Bay and Daphne were raised and how this effected their personalities.

Personally I think the special episode may be something like if Daphne had taken the fall and gone to jail. I didn't hear anything for sure that we're getting a special episode this block, but you never know. I saw a rumor on last thread that this is probably the shows final season, is there any legitimacy to it, have we heard any renewal news?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen any recent interviews, but then again, I haven't been searching as much as I used to for Switched at Birth spoilers.

Could you maybe link them?

Ugh @ Bay's story getting darker. How much darker can they go? Like really.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah i haven't seen any either. please link them. but the thought of bay's story being darker is awful.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bay's story shall get even darker? Jeez.. What's next?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lizzy tweeting yet another picture of Bay with some guy.. I said it once and I'll say it again.. I am NOT interested in watching Bay trying to forget Emmett with yet another guy or new hobby...Hit reject.. No thanks.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I'm a flake for posting here, after promising I'd stay out of the conversation. But, I am not good with self-discipline, and I miss this place.

I'm embarrassed, but I guess not enough to refrain from posting right now.

Story of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
The special episode is 4x15 "Instead of Damning the Darkness, It's Better to Light a Little Lantern."

Based on bits and pieces I have picked up through social media, my guess is that the "special" episode will involve Melody and Gabe travelling to Mexico to give hearing aids to Deaf children.

We know that Emmett, Travis, Daphne, and Bay accompany Melody and Gabe to Mexico, because we see them in pictures.

Bay and Emmett are wearing orange shirts, with the logo "Right Hear Right Now" in pictures on Instagram.

We also know that there is a donkey!

For this same episode, I've seen pictures on Instagram of Bay dressed up as Frida Kahlo, so there may be a fantasy sequence involved with that.

I'm guessing that what makes the episode special is that so many characters are travelling to Mexico (and perhaps Bay's dream sequence about Frida Kahlo).

All of the Mexico scenes were all filmed at Blue Cloud Movie Ranch.

Here is a list of the upcoming episodes:

Episode 84 (4x11) "To Repel Ghosts" Directed by Millicent Shelton and Written by Lizzy Weiss (airs on August 24, 2015)

Lizzy Weiss tweeted this picture of Bay's possible new love interest, a few hours ago. A couple of months ago, we saw a picture of Bay meeting this same young man at Scratch, with Travis in an arm-sling, in the background. So this episode must take place relatively soon, after Bay returns from LA.

https://twitter.com/Lizzy_Weiss/stat...55698285465600

Episode 85 (4x12) "How Does a Girl Like You Get to Be a Girl Like You" Directed by Zetna Fuentes and Written by Bekah Brunstetter (airs on August 31, 2015)

I suspect this is the episode one of the girls will discover she is pregnant. Either that, or it may be a cliffhanger from the previous episode.

I go back and forth with which girl I believe will be pregnant. There's a small chance it is Lily (Toby's girlfriend), but very small. She will be featured in a number of episodes this season, because I have seen her in many pictures with nearly all of the characters.

At first, I thought Bay would be pregnant. Then, for weeks, I thought Daphne. Lately, I am back to believing it will be Bay. But today, on Instagram, I saw a picture posted by Ryan Lane (Travis), and Daphne looks pregnant.

So who knows?

I did see an interview with Vanessa Marano, where the writer specifically states:

Quote:
"In an interview with Hollywood Life, Marano teased her character or Daphne's possible pregnancy. According to her, ABC Family will tackle pregnancy in such a way that could shock fans. She added that if fans were already surprised with the rape storyline, they have not seen anything yet until they see the episode that will tackle pregnancy.

In season 4, Bay was raped by Tank and fans are now speculating that she could be pregnant with the latter's baby. Now that Emmett is gone, there is a possibility that Tank, who has always liked Bay, will be open to sharing the responsibility. On the other hand, there is also a possibility that Bay was impregnated by Emmett."
In several different places, I am also seeing rumors from fans (just from fans--no other source yet) that Bay is married early in the season.

Along with these rumors, I did see one picture in which Bay clearly has what looks like a wedding ring on her left finger. Who knows, but I seriously doubt it.

Fans are saying Bay marries Emmett. Even if Bay is the one who is pregnant, I find this almost impossible to believe. Several fans on social media swear they've seen this information as a spoiler, but I don't believe it.

Fans are saying Bay marries Travis. And there are a BOAT load of pictures of Bay and Travis together this season. These two are in practically every scene in every episodes together. I still do not see Bay marrying Travis that quickly, even if he steps in to help her because of a pregnancy.

From the pictures, it seems likely to me that the writers have chosen to replace what once was Sean Berdy's prominent position with Ryan Lane. Currently, they are filming Episode 8 "Accommodations of Desire" and I have only seen pictures of Emmett in three episodes this season.

Travis seems to be in all of the episodes. So who knows? Maybe the writers are making a valiant effort to replace Sean Berdy's role as a core cast member, with Ryan Lane.

Fans are saying Bay marries Tank. I find this one difficult to believe. I would say "Who knows?" But, I feel like Max Adler would be scheduled for more episodes, if that was the case.

Episode 86 (4x13) "Between Hope and Fear" Directed by David Paymer and Written by Lizzy Weiss & Dayna Lynne North (airs on September 7, 2015)

I believe this episode is the one that Bay or Daphne will deal with the pregnancy. I suspect the pregnancy will be over by the end of this episode, but I don't know.

Like I said, there is a picture of Daphne with Travis, from the filming of Episode 8, and Daphne looks pregnant.

Because Eric's wife is named Hope, I also suspect we will learn more about her in this episode.

Also, this accident happens in either this episode or the next. I believe it happens in this one, because I saw the pictures right after I stopped posting anything here, and I remember wanting so badly to share them. There was one of Daphne standing in front of an emergency room. I believe that Lizzy Weiss might have tweeted that one, but Daphne obviously wasn't the person injured in the accident.

Also, one of the writers, Bekah Brunstetter keeps a blog. She posted this picture of script and said:

"To my delight, my coworkers have taken to calling me Dr. Brunstetter, because I keep pitching entirely made up medical things with great authority. And now, to MY EVEN MORE DELIGHT, Dr. Brunstetter has made it into an episode."

Episode 87 (4x14) "We Mourn, We Weep, We Love Again" Directed by Ron Lagomarsino and Written by Henry Robles & Alexander Georgakis (airs on September 14, 2015)

This episode originally was entitled "YE$" and I think it may be one in which Bay moves forward in a sexual relationship with someone new.

I suspect that the cute boy Bay meets at Scratch in the Season 4B premiere may not be interested in her. Perhaps he has heard about what happened at UMKC or her felony conviction. Or perhaps Bay is not interested in him. Maybe Bay senses he is a player, or maybe Bay is too fearful to move forward with anyone, after everything that happened with Tank and Emmett.

That guest star is only scheduled in that one particular episode, so whatever happens, I doubt it works out between them.

I am thinking the writers will bring on another guest star with whom Bay will have a sexual relationship or it may be Travis.

I saw this interview with Lizzy Weiss and it appears that the writers are interested in exploring Bay's first time having sex again, after the assault. Here is a quote:

Quote:
Weiss and her writers have also discussed the impact the storyline would have on Bay in the future. “Once we moved through the experience with our character, we knew instantly that we couldn’t just drop the story. We would have to be realistic [as] to how it would impact her going forward — her self-esteem, her attitude towards having sex for the first time again, etc. And there’s good drama in it, but it doesn’t define her life. It is something she is putting behind her.”
Rape Sexual Assault On Television Game of Thrones

Plus, I remember right after Bay cheated on Tank with Emmett, Vanessa Marano said that she felt certain the writers wanted to explore Bay's awakening sexuality. She made it seem as though Bay wasn't going to choose to be with Emmett, after their night together in the park, but of course, Bay did. But perhaps now that Emmett has broken up with Bay, she will finally have her chance to explore that.

Kathryn said that the theme of her second book, the one about baseball and sex, is about a young woman's loss of innocence. I have always found that the themes of Kathryn's books are BIG themes in Switched at Birth, as well.

Kathryn said the theme of her first book, the one about the switch, is about "mistakes, accidents, errors in judgment, and how these moments define who we are and the paths we take." Lord knows, all of Seasons 1 and 2 were about that.

I think Seasons 3 and 4 are about a loss of innocence.

Episode 88 (4x15) "Instead of Damning the Darkness, It's Better to Light a Little Lantern" Directed by Michael Lange and Written by Linda Gase & Lizzy Weiss (airs on September 21, 2015)

This episode is the "special" one where they travel to Mexico to give hearing aids to Deaf children.

Also, this episode has a stunt double listed for Sean Berdy. This particular stuntman has only ever filled in for Sean Berdy one time before now. That episode is the one where Emmett and Matthew have their fight at Rivas Canyon State Park.

So maybe Emmett gets into another fight in this episode? I don't know.

Also, I believe Ty will reappear in this episode. Several of the crew members posted pictures where the cast filmed scenes for San Marcos, Mexico, and there was a section of the area blocked off to serve as Asadabad, Afghanistan.

I cannot think of any other reason for some of the cast to be filming in Afghanistan, unless Ty returns.

Plus, there was a picture posted on the patio of a small cafe, and it looked as though Ty and Bay were meeting for coffee. But it was difficult to tell for sure.

Episode 89 (4x16) "Borrowing Your Enemy's Arrows" Directed by D. W. Moffett and Written by William H. Brown (airs on September 28, 2015)

I believe this is the episode where Tank will return. I suspect he will be suing the college and may bring down Melody's Deaf program. Or perhaps he will sue Bay. I am not sure. Could this be when the Kennishes' money woes first surface?

William H. Brown has only written one other episode of the series. It is the one where the teens graduate, and Bay takes the fall for Daphne.

I wonder if this episode will reignite any tension between Bay and Daphne.

On Instagram, there is a behind-the-scenes picture of Bay at UMKC late at night.

Also, there are two girls playing drunk college students at the same setting. Perhaps Bay will run into these drunk college students and realize what comes around goes around. Perhaps she will see herself in them. Perhaps she will try to warn them.

I don't know.

Here are some of the pictures from that scene:

But in this picture, it appears the two girls will be appearing in the NEXT episode, because the actor posts on Instagram, "Uh oh I'm playing a drunken college student at USC....was that a sign? Oh well!"

I wonder if she meant that she is playing a drunken college student at UMKC. Her picture up above is clearly at UMKC.

Or maybe these two girls will have something to do with Emmett's character, instead of Bay. Maybe they will appear in the following episode. But I really feel that they are meant to interact with Bay.

Emmett rarely, if ever, has a story, since Season 1B.

I believe this may have been the episode when the Kennishes host Mingo's parents for a backyard barbecue. I read somewhere that, when John and Kathryn meet Mingo's parents, they realize they knew them in the past and that there is some hostility between them.

Emmett doesn't appear to be in this episode.

Episode 90 (4x17) "To the Victor Belong the Spoils" Directed by Jay Karas and Written by T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson (airs on October 5, 2015)

I believe this may be the episode with all of the line dancing and mechanical bull riding. Everyone looks super happy in all of the pictures. The action seems to take place at Scratch. Bay is noticeably absent from every picture of these scenes. Appearing are Regina and Eric, Toby and Lily, Daphne and Mingo, and John and Kathryn.

Bay is definitely not in any of the pictures. I wonder what she is doing. I don't believe I saw Travis in any of the pictures. Perhaps Bay and Travis are together? Neither of them are fond of dancing.

Emmett doesn't appear to be in this episode either.

Episode 91 (4x18) "The Accommodations of Desire" Directed by Michael Grossman and Written by Henry Robles & Dayna Lynne North (airs on October 12, 2015)

This one is the current one being filmed. The painting is about Salvador Dali's affair with an older woman, when he was a younger man. Supposedly, it was Dali's way of exploring his discomfort with having a sexual relationship with a much older woman.

So perhaps someone will desire someone and feel uncomfortable about it?

Perhaps someone will need to make accommodations, in order to satisfy his or her desire.

Episode 92 (4x19) "A Mad Tea Party" Directed by Carlos Gonzalez and Written by Linda Gase (airs on October 19, 2015)

I am wondering if this episode might be another dip into surrealism. The painting is certainly surreal. And the Season 4B premiere is supposed to be somewhat surreal. (I am even thinking the Season 4B premiere may feature a peek into the future.)

It feels like the right timing for an alternate reality episode to me.

Maybe we will get some behind-the-scenes pictures in the next few weeks.

Episode 93 (4x20) "Unnamed" Directed by Melanie Mayron and Written by Lizzy Weiss & Bekah Brunstetter (airs on October 26, 2015)

Lizzy Weiss recently tweeted "#SwitchedatBirth episode titles are paintings titles, in honor of Bay. I've narrowed down the finale to four. Tough call, big episode."

I wish we knew what four titles Lizzy Weiss wants to choose between. It would give us a better idea of what direction the season finale may go.

Does anyone believe it will be the series finale?

I don't, at all. But fans tweeting and posting and asking that question worry me.

Plus, it worries me that Lizzy Weiss completely removed all evidence of Switched at Birth from her Twitter profile. She chose to remove it from her username (which I can understand since she became verified and that is for life).

But Lizzy Weiss also removed any evidence of Switched at Birth from her cover photo, her profile photo, and lessened its prominence in her "About Me" section.

She is definitely distancing herself from the show, and that makes me feel so sad. I understand, and I want what is best for her. But it was too much too soon for me.

Couple that with the fact ABC Family is giving Switched at Birth the latest premiere date of any show in its summer line up, and it just feels so final.

I hope someone official will make some sort of statement to say that all hope isn't lost. Or if this episode is known to be the end, then I wish they would go ahead and announce that. I need to prepare myself to say goodbye.

This show has meant the world to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)
Has anyone read through the recent interviews given by Vanessa and Katie? They contain some spoilers, I looked in last thread but couldn't see them.

It's confirmed someone's pregnant, my god I hope it isn't Bay considering during the interview Katie said Bay's storyline gets darker and deeper. I'd be okay with Daphne being pregnant, I think it's an interesting twist considering that she never dealt with significant fallout from Bay taking the rap and her characters kinda stalled out.

They also said the Kinnishes are going to deal with financial issues and that The Cracked Mug would be doing successful so Regina and Kathryn may switch roles. I hope they really go back to looking at the divide between classes, one of the things I admired about the 1st few seasons was that they emphasized how differently Bay and Daphne were raised and how this effected their personalities.

Personally I think the special episode may be something like if Daphne had taken the fall and gone to jail. I didn't hear anything for sure that we're getting a special episode this block, but you never know. I saw a rumor on last thread that this is probably the shows final season, is there any legitimacy to it, have we heard any renewal news?
I'd like to see them go back to looking at the divide between classes, too. I have a feeling that may be what they intend to do, with this role reversal.

Daphne may be pregnant. Some things have made me think she will be. But then again, I cannot believe the writers would actually do something that fans want to see. The writers tend to give viewers all of the things that make us most uncomfortable.

I am sure there is a method to that madness, and that is what makes me think we will never see Bay happy to be pregnant or Daphne struggling to cope with any of her mistakes. Those are two scenarios that would make many fans happy, and the writers are just not going to give us that. (Unless they surprise us.)

I don't think we will explore what would have happened if Daphne had gone to jail, at least not this season.

I don't believe it is the show's final season, but I posted more commentary on that possibility above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I haven't seen any recent interviews, but then again, I haven't been searching as much as I used to for Switched at Birth spoilers.

I'd like to see them, too.

I couldn't find them myself. I did see a few interviews similar to ones Alyssa has already posted.

For instance, I saw this interview:

Quote:
“Switched at Birth” -- the ABC Family drama revolving around two teenage girls who were, as the title indicates, switched at birth and the grew up in totally different manners -- is a show that is not shy about drawing its story power from melodramatic pain and sentimentality.

According to E’s Spoiler Chat, the heartbreak that fans of the Peabody Award-winning series have come to expect will only intensify in Season 5.

Lea Thompson, who plays Kathryn Kennish on the series, explains that the coming chaos will affect Bay (Vanessa Marano).

"With Bay dealing with the fallout from her breakup, Kathryn always tries to keep a stiff upper lip and keep everyone moving forward with a lighter touch," she said.

According to the 54-year-old actress, Bay is going to move forward with her art, but this will not save her from experiencing all kinds of new strife.

“There's going to be big financial problems with John and Kathryn and that's going to be really challenging,” Thompson said. “They're so used to being able to fix everything and being the mama and papa bear, but they can't this time and that's going to be really hard on them."

Marano, the 22-year-old California native who plays Bay, brings a great deal of what seems like a natural empathy to her character. And perhaps this comes from her genuine connection to a well-known charitable organization.

In an interview in Complex, the young star spoke about fate and tragedy.

I think we all have that fear of losing people," she said. "That’s an incredible fear that I think everybody has. Every day is precious. Anything can change at any time.”
Marano, who is an ambassador with the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, explained that working with the foundation “showed me so much about how anything could change, so you should enjoy every single moment of every single day.”
'Switched at Birth' Season 5 Spoilers: Upcoming Season Will Be Full of Heartbreak, Kennishes to Have Money Problems : Entertainment : Latin Post

But I haven't seen much else recently.

Last edited by ollibear; 06-16-2015 at 06:43 PM
Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the spoilers. I'm curious to find out what the finale is titled. And I keep going back and forth on who's pregnant too.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ehhhh Yeah. I still have yet to find something that will make me CARE enough to want to watch in August.. NOTHING as of right now.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

‘Switched At Birth' Season 5 Spoilers: Vanessa Marano Teases Character Bay's Possible Pregnancy : Entertainment : Yibada

That was one where Vanessa announced someone was pregnant.

'Switched At Birth' Season 4 Spoilers: Bay Has Heartbreaking Moment With Her Mom, Says 'It's Torture' [PHOTO, VIDEO] : Videos : ENSTARZ

That was the one about the Kinnishe's financial trouble.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 06-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 06-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...