Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna miss tonights. my tv doesn't work at the moment.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Three sneak peeks for Episode 4x09 The Player's Choice:

Switched at Birth Season 4 Episode 9 "The Player's Choice" Sneak Peeks
Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

interview with lots of spoilers:

https://www.seat42f.com/exclusive-sw...interview.html

Natalie will be in a bad car accident, apparently, and viewers will be wrecked by Bemmett, by the end of the mid-season finale.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
interview with lots of spoilers:

https://www.seat42f.com/exclusive-sw...interview.html

Natalie will be in a bad car accident, apparently, and viewers will be wrecked by Bemmett, by the end of the mid-season finale.
Is that what happened to Natalie in real life as Vanessa doesn't say what happened to Natalie in real life, although we do know a character will end up in hospital. It doesn't say viewers will be wrecked by Bemmett. It says that the mid-finale is a roller coaster and viewers will be wrecked by the end of it. That could be for any of them.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
Is that what happened to Natalie in real life as Vanessa doesn't say what happened to Natalie in real life, although we do know a character will end up in hospital.
Yes, in real life Natalie was in a horrible car accident during the last hiatus. Everyone survived, but by all accounts, they were extremely lucky. It could have easily been fatal for all of them.

Here's some info about the accident:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/SilentGra...761042475.html

Both Stephanie Nogueras and Karla Gutierrez are actors on Switched at Birth. Stephanie plays Natalie and Karla plays Amy. (On the show, Amy is Cody's brother. The part of Cody is played by Karla's real-life brother Brian Gutierrez. Amy was most notably in the episode Uprising and three others. Cody has been in 13 episodes, most recently Black and Gray, and most notably, he was part of the Deaf rap with Emmett, Daphne, Matthew, and Natalie in Season 2's Uprising. Cody was also on stage with Daphne and Noah in Romeo & Juliet, during that episode. In Season 1, the first time Bay ever visits Emmett at Carlton, he is walking with Cody to his motorcycle.)

Quote:
It doesn't say viewers will be wrecked by Bemmett. It says that the mid-finale is a roller coaster and viewers will be wrecked by the end of it. That could be for any of them.
There are two main characters, Bay and Daphne.

When Vanessa is talking about "people who have been with the show since the beginning," I believe she is talking about Emmett's "I just want you" speech, and she is implying that Bay will have her own "I just want you" moment.

Vanessa specifically says that the episode was an emotional roller-coaster for HER, AS A PERFORMER (she plays the part of Bay), and that viewers will be wrecked by the time that they watch the final scene (so trust me, that final scene WILL BE Bemmett).

Vanessa then goes on to say, "As far as the Daphne storyline, blah, blah, blah," so that is differentiated from the part of the episode which will "wreck us"--the Bemmett part.

That's my interpretation.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I cant believe it's almost over.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

For me; I struggle to see how Bay and Emmett can reconcile in the next episode. They have BOTH (and I'm emphasizing that) made mistakes and sometimes it is the accumulation of things that makes a relationship end and not some simple black/white scenario or falling out of love. Sometimes love isn't enough if things are just too hard, too much "distrust" and too much anger. Bay and Emmett started out two teenagers, different but drawn to each other..but now there is a lot of hurt and pain (and they are only 19 years old). We have Emmett cheating, we have Bay/Emmett cheating and Tank the victim and now Bay "maybe cheating or maybe raped" by Tank whilst with Emmett. For me, Bay claiming she was not cheating as she 'can't remember and thus means she thinks consent questionable" is hard for anyone to get your head around. Especially for guy who did cheat and did so consensually with alcohol. It's like Emmett becomes Tank. How do you, as a guy, who got drunk and cheated get your head around what you perceive as a similar situation as rape or 'not cheating'! Then add in Emmett's "kiss" and almost kiss, the separation and growing apart... Emmett thought he couldn't survive LA (and he did), he found someone who gets him more, he feels disconnected. Then you have Bay who has had a terrible year and it may feel like she is clinging onto a past and a "now" that doesn't exist. So whilst Emmett may initially be excited to see her, I could really see him ultimately thinking it's best they part ways and telling Bay sometimes you have to love someone enough to set them free. That is how I see them now.....holding each other back and holding onto the past. I think the healthiest thing they could do would be to set each other free and grow individually, and then if they come together later it would be without the emotional/ dependent baggage. Emmett's dated no-one outside Bay and Bay has not allowed herself to truly immerse herself in a relationship post Emmett. It would be good for them both to fall in love with other people but ultimately realise they were not the one and find themselves back to each other...if that is the route the show is going or simply show childhood sweethearts growing apart and finding new loves.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
For me; I struggle to see how Bay and Emmett can reconcile in the next episode. They have BOTH (and I'm emphasizing that) made mistakes and sometimes it is the accumulation of things that makes a relationship end and not some simple black/white scenario or falling out of love. Sometimes love isn't enough if things are just too hard, too much "distrust" and too much anger. Bay and Emmett started out two teenagers, different but drawn to each other..but now there is a lot of hurt and pain (and they are only 19 years old). We have Emmett cheating, we have Bay/Emmett cheating and Tank the victim and now Bay "maybe cheating or maybe raped" by Tank whilst with Emmett. For me, Bay claiming she was not cheating as she 'can't remember and thus means she thinks consent questionable" is hard for anyone to get your head around. Especially for guy who did cheat and did so consensually with alcohol. It's like Emmett becomes Tank. How do you, as a guy, who got drunk and cheated get your head around what you perceive as a similar situation as rape or 'not cheating'! Then add in Emmett's "kiss" and almost kiss, the separation and growing apart... Emmett thought he couldn't survive LA (and he did), he found someone who gets him more, he feels disconnected. Then you have Bay who has had a terrible year and it may feel like she is clinging onto a past and a "now" that doesn't exist. So whilst Emmett may initially be excited to see her, I could really see him ultimately thinking it's best they part ways and telling Bay sometimes you have to love someone enough to set them free. That is how I see them now.....holding each other back and holding onto the past. I think the healthiest thing they could do would be to set each other free and grow individually, and then if they come together later it would be without the emotional/ dependent baggage. Emmett's dated no-one outside Bay and Bay has not allowed herself to truly immerse herself in a relationship post Emmett. It would be good for them both to fall in love with other people but ultimately realise they were not the one and find themselves back to each other...if that is the route the show is going or simply show childhood sweethearts growing apart and finding new loves.
it's just different now at least imo.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
For me; I struggle to see how Bay and Emmett can reconcile in the next episode. They have BOTH (and I'm emphasizing that) made mistakes and sometimes it is the accumulation of things that makes a relationship end and not some simple black/white scenario or falling out of love. Sometimes love isn't enough if things are just too hard, too much "distrust" and too much anger.
That's true. And I could see it working that way.

But that also doesn't quite feel right to me. I don't believe Bay and Emmett distrust each other, and I believe Emmett is working through his anger and is almost over it.

And even more than that, Bay & Emmett don't give up because things are just too hard.

That's Mary Beth. That's Travis. That's Toby. That's Lily.

That's not Bay & Emmett. It never has been, and I don't see that it ever will be.

That's just not who Bay & Emmett are.

Quote:
Bay and Emmett started out two teenagers, different but drawn to each other..but now there is a lot of hurt and pain (and they are only 19 years old). We have Emmett cheating, we have Bay/Emmett cheating and Tank the victim and now Bay "maybe cheating or maybe raped" by Tank whilst with Emmett. For me, Bay claiming she was not cheating as she 'can't remember and thus means she thinks consent questionable" is hard for anyone to get your head around. Especially for guy who did cheat and did so consensually with alcohol. It's like Emmett becomes Tank. How do you, as a guy, who got drunk and cheated get your head around what you perceive as a similar situation as rape or 'not cheating'! Then add in Emmett's "kiss" and almost kiss, the separation and growing apart... Emmett thought he couldn't survive LA (and he did), he found someone who gets him more, he feels disconnected. Then you have Bay who has had a terrible year and it may feel like she is clinging onto a past and a "now" that doesn't exist.
True again. Especially that last line which I bolded and italicized.

I see that so much for Bay. It reminds me quite a bit of the song that played, when Emmett first left on his motorcycle to go catch his plane in Episode 4x01.

Bay did not choose that life in LA with Emmett, and as the lyrics go, "We live and die by the choice we made."

Don't wanna do something I can't take back
Don't wanna leave without seeing you
I can't bare to look in your eyes
All I see is the road that I didn't choose

In another lifetime
In some forgotten dream
In another lifetime
Maybe it was meant to be
In another lifetime

Sometimes I wonder where I'd end up
If I follow this dark angel
Into the unknown years we planned
Living ghosts of a life that could have been

In another lifetime
In some forgotten dream
In another lifetime
Maybe it was meant to be
In another lifetime

When all the tragedy fades away
Only the ash and the spark remain
We live and die by the choice we made
We made

In another lifetime
In another lifetime

In another lifetime
In some forgotten dream
In another lifetime
Maybe it was meant to be
In another lifetime

Quote:
So whilst Emmett may initially be excited to see her, I could really see him ultimately thinking it's best they part ways and telling Bay sometimes you have to love someone enough to set them free. That is how I see them now.....holding each other back and holding onto the past.
I agree with this, too. And a part of me is really scared that the writers will put Bay & Emmett back together in the mid-season finale, and if so, I am fearful that it will feel so false.

We had two breakups in the last episode.

I cannot decide if these breakups are meant to foreshadow the inevitable conclusion that Bay & Emmett will break up, too, if this means that NO high school relationship can EVER transition to adulthood.

Or maybe, just maybe, Bay & Emmett are different.

These two scenes (Mary Beth & Travis AND Lily & Toby) could nearly be verbatim conversations for Bay & Emmett on the beach next week.

Here's the first one:
MARY BETH: You're a freshman in college. You should be able to hang out with whoever you want. Date whoever you want. (So is Emmett.)

TRAVIS: I want to date you.

MARY BETH: You're the first person I ever fell in love with. The first person I ever thought about a future with. I lost my virginity to you. I learned a new language for you. I will always love you. But this relationship isn't right for me anymore. Please, don't make it harder than it is for me to do this. (Bay didn't lose her virginity to Emmett, but he is the first person she ever thought about a future with. She did learn a new language for him. She will always love him.)
And the second one, too:
LILY: Toby, if this is...

TOBY: No! No, it's not a ring. (Laughing nervously) With my history, that's totally fair. (Chuckles) No, uh, please, just open it.

LILY: Okay. (opens the box to reveal a key)

TOBY: I want you to move in with me. I want to wake up next to you every morning. I want to go to sleep with you every night. I want you to be 10 feet away when I'm flossing. All of it.

LILY: That's so lovely. Thank you.

TOBY: We can start moving your things in tonight.

LILY: Toby I have feelings for someone else. (I believe Emmett DOES have feelings for Skye. He isn't sure of them, but something is there. Or at least it really did seem to be, when he hugged her in the last episode.)

TOBY: What?

LILY: I didn't mean for it to happen, and nothing has happened. It's just feelings. And that doesn't mean that I don't still have them for you.

TOBY: Who is it?

LILY: He's a colleague. We've spent a lot of time together. At work, I mean. I'm sorry. I really don't want us to break up. I'm just confused.

TOBY: Me too.
Quote:
I think the healthiest thing they could do would be to set each other free and grow individually, and then if they come together later it would be without the emotional/ dependent baggage. Emmett's dated no-one outside Bay and Bay has not allowed herself to truly immerse herself in a relationship post Emmett. It would be good for them both to fall in love with other people but ultimately realise they were not the one and find themselves back to each other...if that is the route the show is going or simply show childhood sweethearts growing apart and finding new loves.
I agree with all of this.

I sure do wish that the show had another 10 years to go, so we could see these characters I love do it all. But this season might be the last.

I really want to see Bay & Emmett happy together. As a fan, I feel I have been cheated out of so many beautiful moments.

Drama is great. It is. It is fun and exciting and keeps us tuning in, but NOTHING can replace what's meant to be, just like the song says.

I want that other lifetime. It was meant to be.

Edited To Add: Really cool still shots from the mid-season finale: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5583491&type=1

Last edited by ollibear; 03-06-2015 at 07:12 PM
Old 03-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like to see her fighting for him.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope they make it. But it seems like the distance and the pain they are experiencing will kill it for both of them. *sheds tear*
Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawako (View Post)
I hope they make it. But it seems like the distance and the pain they are experiencing will kill it for both of them. *sheds tear*
I feel strongly that Bay & Emmett will make it tonight.

I do worry that Bay may have a baby on the way. Lizzy Weiss posted this snippet of script yesterday, and Bay's use of the word "bump" makes me think it may be foreshadowing her eventual baby bump.

As much as I want Bay & Emmett to have a baby one day, I would rather Bay not be pregnant now. And the fact that I feel that way makes it seem even more likely that she is, in my mind.

Maybe not, though. Either way, what will be will be.

Here's the script:

https://twitter.com/LizzyWeissSAB/st...48406902157312
Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

So what’s next? What teasers can you offer about what’s upcoming for the last couple episodes before the mid-season break?
VANESSA: The mid-season finale is an emotional roller-coaster, especially for people who have been with the show since the beginning. It was an emotional roller-coaster for me as a performer and I think people are going to be just wrecked by the time that they watch the final scene. As far as the Daphne storyline, there is an amazing storyline that she has that involves the character of Natalie. It’s a true story. It happened to the actress who plays Natalie (Stephanie Nogueras). This particular thing happened to her, and she told the writers about it, and she allowed them to tell her story and it’s crazy. That’s part of the mid-season finale and it’s all true. It’s amazing. Then Bay, maybe Bay will be on a beach, somewhere sunnier than Kansas City. So maybe that’s going to happen!

Well this was Vanessa's words which does seem to suggest tomorrow does not end on a happy note. And now we have a mixture of clips indicating a fight and script indicating all good!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

bay is pregnant? when is the rest of the season?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

The rest of the season will probably begin in early June.

Bay may be pregnant, or not. We will know soon enough.

Quote:
So what’s next? What teasers can you offer about what’s upcoming for the last couple episodes before the mid-season break?
VANESSA: The mid-season finale is an emotional roller-coaster, especially for people who have been with the show since the beginning. It was an emotional roller-coaster for me as a performer and I think people are going to be just wrecked by the time that they watch the final scene. As far as the Daphne storyline, there is an amazing storyline that she has that involves the character of Natalie. It’s a true story. It happened to the actress who plays Natalie (Stephanie Nogueras). This particular thing happened to her, and she told the writers about it, and she allowed them to tell her story and it’s crazy. That’s part of the mid-season finale and it’s all true. It’s amazing. Then Bay, maybe Bay will be on a beach, somewhere sunnier than Kansas City. So maybe that’s going to happen!

Well this was Vanessa's words which does seem to suggest tomorrow does not end on a happy note. And now we have a mixture of clips indicating a fight and script indicating all good!
My interpretation is that Bay and Emmett will fight, and then, once Emmett realizes Bay really loves him, they will have a happy reunion (hence the script snippet) before Bay realizes she is pregnant.

Being wrecked refers to the first season when Emmett said "I just want you."

He will say that again, or Bay will.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread