Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

They definitely move through storylines too quickly. That's why I'm okay with Regina keeping the secret being brought up again throughout the seasons because it's a consistent thread. But yeah, other than Emmett's cheating, they haven't taken the time to flesh out stories.

Bay was definitely disliked more in the beginning. I think it was a combination of Bay coming from a wealthy environment and the fact that Bay can be blunt and a bit abrasive at times, especially when she's feeling replaced. I don't mind people being critical of either girl when it's appropriate. Like right now, I think it's appropriate for fans to be upset at Daphne's choices and her appearing to get off scot-free. When Bay stole the $1500 from J&K, fans weren't empathizing or sympathizing with her just because she was spiraling out from the fallout of her relationship with Emmett. Likewise, Daphne shouldn't get a free pass because of grief. Yes, she probably regrets not getting to know Angelo when she had the chance, but her anger at Regina was so misplaced.

It's not just about the vandalism. It's also about the destruction of that guy's personal property, stealing the pills from the clinic, kissing Travis, getting violent with Bay. At what point does she stop getting absolved?
Old 11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah I didn't mind the switch being brought up again too.

Quote:
It's not just about the vandalism. It's also about the destruction of that guy's personal property, stealing the pills from the clinic, kissing Travis, getting violent with Bay. At what point does she stop getting absolved?
Exactly. There was too much that she did for it to all just be erased because she wasn't handling Angeles death well.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
They definitely move through storylines too quickly. That's why I'm okay with Regina keeping the secret being brought up again throughout the seasons because it's a consistent thread. But yeah, other than Emmett's cheating, they haven't taken the time to flesh out stories.

Bay was definitely disliked more in the beginning. I think it was a combination of Bay coming from a wealthy environment and the fact that Bay can be blunt and a bit abrasive at times, especially when she's feeling replaced. I don't mind people being critical of either girl when it's appropriate. Like right now, I think it's appropriate for fans to be upset at Daphne's choices and her appearing to get off scot-free. When Bay stole the $1500 from J&K, fans weren't empathizing or sympathizing with her just because she was spiraling out from the fallout of her relationship with Emmett. Likewise, Daphne shouldn't get a free pass because of grief. Yes, she probably regrets not getting to know Angelo when she had the chance, but her anger at Regina was so misplaced.

Exactly.

It's not like this is a one-time mistake that should be brushed aside. It's a pattern with her. She makes choices knowing full-well what the potential consequences are, so no, she should pay in ALL aspects for her behavior. Not "some."

I'm tired of the big, fat tears from Daphne and that's it. This is serious. People go through stuff all the time and if they choose to handle it in the wrong way, then there are consequences. Daphne is NOT special.

And whatever Bay has done in the past has no bearing on the current situation. BAY hasn't broken the law. So she shouldn't be held accountable for ANYTHING in this situation. I keep hearing: "Well Bay did bad stuff in the past . . ." So what? So Bay should be punished for stuff she's done, but in the next breath Daphne should be absolved? And let's be real. Daphne already got her free pass when she only got probation for BLACKMAILING a state senator. How many free passes does princess get before it becomes ridiculous? And now she's messing up Bay's life with her crap? Just, no.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:34 PM
New Fan

I actually never liked Daphne, she constantly uses her poor me back story to flaunt the rules. Back in season 1 she just swapped back and forth from basketball team to basketball team. Then when she broke the rules every blamed Simon for turning her in, not the fact that she should not have been playing. Kissing Travis was not the first time she blatantly had no regard for other peoples relationships. She kissed Emmett and Noah when they were with Bay and, she was actively pursued Campbell when he had a gf. For two seasons she kept saying she wanted nothing to do with Angelo (which I understand,) but then to use him as an excuse for causing $100,000's damage and stopping a major project is ridiculous.

Regina is also just using J+K. She has Angelo's money and she is still living rent free this season. In the first episode she just leaves Daphne to play basketball and doesn't even try to connect with Bay. This happens constantly as people have mentioned in previous posts. I feel she spent more time caring for Simone with her drinking profit.

I actually wanted a longer story line with Toby recovering from gambling. I personally do not know any gamblers but I am positive you don't just decide to give it up and then have no issues after that.

I hate all Tank story lines and I do not understand keeping him on just because the writing staff like him.

Finally I think the reason they keep bringing up all these problems and then not really fleshing out the story line is that they are trying to be more like PLL. However, PPL is more of a teen horror genre and a completely unrealistic story line so fans like the constant unrealistic shock factors.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy_pam (View Post)
I never liked Daphne. There was a time I used to think that Bay was a rebel as all of the TV's teenagers, but she grew up a lot. Then, Ty came back, Emmett was pulled back and I started to HATE Daphne. I didn't watch the finale even months after it was on air just because I saw on Twitter what happened and felt really pissed out It was my favorite american tv show and now I'm SO unhappy and insecure about these season.
I loved her with wilke though. that's about it.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Fan

The Xmas EP is available to watch early. Anyone gonna try to watch it?
Old 12-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
The Xmas EP is available to watch early. Anyone gonna try to watch it?
I watched it this morning before work. The writers included details that I like and appreciate. But they abandoned a facet of Bay & Emmett's relationship that I adored.

There's so much to discuss, but I don't want to spoil it for others. When would be a good time for discussion on this board? Tonight? Or later?
Old 12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Do they not meet in the au?

I think there's spoiler tags you can use.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe we should ask a mod first? I'm going to watch it but I don't want to spoil it for others either. I mean it is the spoiler board but since this is an early viewing, maybe it would be best to use spoiler tags so those who want limited season spoilers can still discuss them without being entirely spoiled? I don't know. I'm cool with being spoiled but I'm awfully imapatient to begin with
Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol I love spoilers unless it's the walking dead
Old 12-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

I know. The majority of us here are spoiler fiends and it's a small fandom spoiler wise. But on the off chance someone comes in and doesn't want to be completely ruined. but it's cool with me whatever we decide.

ETA: Watching now and I think I know what Amy means.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 12-01-2014 at 01:28 PM
Old 12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

just watched it. i liked it, it was cute.

lol tobias.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I think we can talk about it here

any Emmett/Bay scene?
Old 12-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I think we can talk about it here

any Emmett/Bay scene?
Yes.

Bay is "Daphne" in this episode so she and Emmett are just friends, but Bay (Daphne) is disappointed that friends is all they seem to be in this universe. She tells "Bay" (Real Daphne) that in this universe, the only time her and Emmett have been naked together is with rubber duckies. i.e. like as kids taking baths together, but it also implies that in the regular universe where Bay is Bay, she and Emmett see each other naked on a regular basis. Hehehe.

ETA:

Quote:
lol tobias.
Tobias. Just no.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 12-02-2014 at 04:43 PM
Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Thank you!!

This is from the episode, right? I saw it on tumblr